The Rumour Thread

48 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

We also should see what what that Zombie thing Johann was fleeing from really is. Maybe the "Decay" part, if it's indeed a Zombie ? For WHU ?

Thats actually a really good point if its for Underworlds it doesn't have to be a big concept you can base a full army around it can just be something like Bloodbowls Necromantic Horror Team as a small Underworlds Warband

7 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Thats actually a really good point if its for Underworlds it doesn't have to be a big concept you can base a full army around it can just be something like Bloodbowls Necromantic Horror Team as a small Underworlds Warband

You could have something like a single vampire or necromancer with a load of zombies as a warband. Or a mixture of monsters like the bloodbowl team.

Given we had the kurnothi and snarlfang I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a couple of warbands that aren't directly connected to aos armies in themselves. 

1 hour ago, KriticalKhan said:

I don't want to sound rude, but anyone who's saying the "decay" part isn't Nurgle are probably in denial. I'd love for it to be Death instead, but with all the Deathguard stuff we know is coming and the fact that it was played off "decadence" (Slaanesh) with GW saying Chaos players should tune in might as well be a confirmation, if them using "decay" specifically wasn't enough already.

The word Decay and the green colour of the letters definitely suggest Nurgle, but there's some reason to think we might get something Death related instead or additionally.

If you look through the rumour engine pictures, there are a lot of teases for stuff that could be Slaanesh. There's the chalice, the punch dagger, the crab claw maybe and the rapier. There's also a lot of Death looking stuff the crow with the key, the halberd, the pitted sword, the bone flute, the hand holding the skull and the hook. Plus the teaser image with Johann runnning from some kind of zombie or scarecrow or something.

But there are comparatively few images that could be Nurgle stuff. If we are getting a big Nurgle release soon, it's at least strange that the rumour engines don't reflect this.

13 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The word Decay and the green colour of the letters definitely suggest Nurgle, but there's some reason to think we might get something Death related instead or additionally.

If you look through the rumour engine pictures, there are a lot of teases for stuff that could be Slaanesh. There's the chalice, the punch dagger, the crab claw maybe and the rapier. There's also a lot of Death looking stuff the crow with the key, the halberd, the pitted sword, the bone flute, the hand holding the skull and the hook. Plus the teaser image with Johann runnning from some kind of zombie or scarecrow or something.

But there are comparatively few images that could be Nurgle stuff. If we are getting a big Nurgle release soon, it's at least strange that the rumour engines don't reflect this.

With deathguard already out of the bag now, it would be a bit strange if they got a teaser event now at least. Maggotkin is an older tome and something new there might be coming, I could see them making something similar to poxwalkers for AoS.

As for decadence it is obviously slaanesh, but maybe, just maybe we will be seeing a AoS/40k big multi kit this time Fulgrim/Child could be interesting. Mortal Slaanesh stuff seems to be in scope at least.

3 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

With deathguard already out of the bag now, it would be a bit strange if they got a teaser event now at least. Maggotkin is an older tome and something new there might be coming, I could see them making something similar to poxwalkers for AoS.

Maggotkin is actually the oldest Army Battletome at the moment. At the moment it had an update in Archaons wrath but some new models during Broken Realms could be possible. I don't think that they will get a new Battletome before a new Edition comes out.

24 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

Maggotkin is actually the oldest Army Battletome at the moment. At the moment it had an update in Archaons wrath but some new models during Broken Realms could be possible. I don't think that they will get a new Battletome before a new Edition comes out.

We may be on the cusp of a new edition with this set of campaign books. If not this summer then probably 2022.

I'm having a hard time imagining a full slaneesh mortal release. I think it might end up being fewer units/kits than we think. It does seem a bit unfair that tzeentch and slaneesh dont have their own versions of chaos warrior chosen. It would be nice to see specific armoured mortal worshippers again rather than another round of loincloth wearing guys.

6 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Crossing fingers Decadence encompasses two teases — Drukhari 40k AND Slaanesh AoS...

I don't expect a new Battletome before the release of the new Core Set.

1 minute ago, Elazar The Glorified said:

The shoulder pad looks Drukhari but the owner of the shoulder pad looks quite chunky for an Eldar but could just be the angle etc

I think it is Vect in his throne.

11 hours ago, SleeperAgent said:

Is there any chance that "Decadence" refers to new vampires :D

This would tease Slaanesh players and give Neferata some new models. I see this as an absolute win!

But let’s just take it one step further and have pompous, excessive vampire royalty that can fight for Death or Slaanesh.

• LOVE IT! 1

47 minutes ago, Scruf said:

This would tease Slaanesh players and give Neferata some new models. I see this as an absolute win!

But let’s just take it one step further and have pompous, excessive vampire royalty that can fight for Death or Slaanesh.

i don't see any problem with he current Neferata model (other then sharing the kit with Arkhan and Mannfried)

or rather the kits seems way too new to be straight up replaced anytime soon

7 hours ago, HollowHills said:

You could have something like a single vampire or necromancer with a load of zombies as a warband. Or a mixture of monsters like the bloodbowl team.

Given we had the kurnothi and snarlfang I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in a couple of warbands that aren't directly connected to aos armies in themselves. 

There's been a few very-obviously Ossiarch Rumour Engines and we only had Grymwatch as a Death warband during Beastgrave, so I could see them being shown off. 

That or a Death-antagonist led Warhammer Quest, which would certainly explain the mix of FEC/Soulblight/Ossiarch Rumour Engines we'd had, as well as the potentially-a-zombie-thing teased on Halloween.

The 5 teaser does suggest Dark Eldar, but GW haven't been shy of mixing 40k and AoS design elements nearly as much as they were with 40k/Fantasy, so it could really be anything.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

i don't see any problem with he current Neferata model (other then sharing the kit with Arkhan and Mannfried)

or rather the kits seems way too new to be straight up replaced anytime soon

I could have worded my post better, I meant better minions for Neferata like new Blood Knights, Vampire Infantry, maybe some of her spies as elites, etc.
I love Neferata's current kit!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scruf said:

I could have worded my post better, I meant better minions for Neferata like new Blood Knights, Vampire Infantry, maybe some of her spies as elites, etc.
I love Neferata's current kit!

ah ok

well i do hope they do something with both Legion of Blood and Legion of Night and refresh the Vampire and fell bat kits while they are at it.

I'm trying to find the picture but I remember seeing someone post the first three collectable coins. The first obviously being DoK, the second was something for 40k (I think Death Guard?) and the third was Slaanesh. Assuming that picture was legit, then I feel like the next Broken Realm book could be BR: Slaanesh and honestly it would make sense. This month (and BR Book) has been all about Morathi. We had BR: Morathi book, there is the Warcry Catacombs with DoK in it and then the Shadow and Pain Box. Second to Morathi/DoK has been Slaanesh. Now you factor in the Decadence & Decay announcement in five days, I feel like all things point to Slaanesh being the next major thing for AoS. As for the Decay part, I'm pretty sure that is 40k Nurgle/Death Guard.

*EDIT* 

Found the picture for the collectable coins. First three are DoK (AoS), Death Guard (40k) and Hedonites of Slaanesh (AoS)

Untitled.png

Edited by BaylorCorvette

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/11/16/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-battleforces-incoming/

The Tzeentch set looks utterly amazing if you want to buy into them! 

Hide contents

B6aZsEnuMzBEmnBm.jpg

Dang it, I was literally just thinking that I never put my Tzeentch half of Aether Wars on eBay and then GW is like “why don’t you go to 2K?”

I wonder if Aether Wars sold like crazy and that’s why we’re getting both factions to end the year.

4 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Counting the models, and the box cover, the Gitz has to be a printing error. There are 7 trolls, out of 22 models, including the loon boss means it actually says you will get 14 squigs???

remembering the squig rider sprues i don't think its possible to have 4 squigs with out purposely taking one of them out since the torso (both Squig and rider) come in 5

Interesting decision for the battle forces, disappointed OBR are not there but for once my wallet is happy as DoK are grabbing my attention this month. The Gitz would have interested me but I’m almost done with my Jaws of Mork and needed actually a Mangler Squig not a Dankhold...

Forgot to say Tzeentch looks amazing, pity I gave up my Chaos ambitions for now...

Edited by alghero81