The Rumour Thread

I wonder if we might end up getting 6 boxes for AoS now like 40k does... one can hope I guess.

Even then I'm surprised they've put Gitz up 2 years in a row, especially with both being heavy on Squigs. Might be a fun way to take my 1k squig army up to 2k though.

Why is there a Mancrusher in the Ogors box???

Gloomspite again?

Then again I think Guard and Tau are on their third Battleforce at this point?

I doubt Fyreslayers will get one when all they can really do is put a Hearthguard/Auric in alongside the existing Start Collecting(!) but I'd be very surprised if we didn't see Ossiarchs.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

I figure squigs are likely really popular for the Gloomspite as a model. Plus these sets are often aimed at either collecting together what plastic there is within a range and/or focusing on beginner/expansion collections of models. The Tau and Imperial Guard also look similar in containing a lot of core models; again ideal for someone just getting started or someone looking to make a significant force expansion. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Well I'm excited, I'm expecting a teaser or an outright reveal of mortals. 

I'd expect to see that as well; but I really hope it comes with a battletome update document because Slaanesh would seriously need it. Otherwise they'd release all those shiny new mortals- and no one would take them over keepers 😜

Just now, Overread said:

I figure squigs are likely really popular for the Gloomspite as a model. Plus these sets are often aimed at either collecting together what plastic there is within a range and/or focusing on beginner/expansion collections of models. The Tau and Imperial Guard also look similar in containing a lot of core models; again ideal for someone just getting started or someone looking to make a significant force expansion. 

I am a huge fan of the Goblin set and the Tau and Imperial Gaurd set are going to destroy one of my friend's bank account. So from the most limited pool imaginable I can already see these sets doing fantastically. 

Just now, Overread said:

I'd expect to see that as well; but I really hope it comes with a battletome update document because Slaanesh would seriously need it. Otherwise they'd release all those shiny new mortals- and no one would take them over keepers 😜

I think our broken realm book will contain all the new rules and hosts to update our current tome. GW did say they are using broken realms to rewrite warscrolls after all. There is a reason why Hellstriders aren't battleline anymore, unless it's an error. 

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Gloomspite again?

Then again I think Guard and Tau are on their third Battleforce at this point?

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think last year, the Gloomspite Battleforce box sold the best out of the other three boxes. it was the one box that got temporary sold out  on the web store, stock was moving pretty fast on Amazon, and it was the only Battleforce box that year that was put on the Bestseller list (if that means anything)

that probably the reason GW would do them again this year for Battleforce boxes

Price comparison:

Gitz:

1x Dankhold Troggoth, £40

6x Rockgut Troggoths, £70

15x Squig Hoppers, £45 (Thought there are only 14 shown in the image but the sprues are in multiples of 5 so it has to be 15)

1x Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig, £22.5

Total: £177.5

Ogors:

1x Ogor Mawtribes Tyrant, £20

1x Ironblaster, £22.5

12x Ogor Gluttons, £60

4x Ironguts, £25

4x Leadbelchers, £25

1x Mancrusher Gargant, £37.5

Total: £190

Compared to last years Gitz box:

1x Mangler Squigs, £50

3x Rockgut Troggoths, £35

1x Loonboss, £17.5

10x Squig Hoppers, £30

5x Fanatics, £25

Total: £157.5 which retailed for £110

So either the discount is way bigger (not likely) or the Battleforces will be way more expensive this year

for comparison the 40k boxes:

Tau:

1x T'au Empire Commander, £35.5

3x XV8 Crisis Battlesuit Team, £45

1x XV88 Broadside Battlesuit, £32.5

1x TX4 Piranha, £22.5

10x Fire Warriors, £30

10x Pathfinder Team, £25

Total: £190.5

For comparison last Tau box was £157.5 which retailed for £100

Astra Militarum:

1x Hydra, £35

1x Chimera, £30

1x Sentinel, £22.5

5x Cadian Command Squad, £22.5

3x Cadian Heavy Weapon Squad, £25

20x Cadian Shock Troops, £45 (21 shown but you can only get them in multiples of 5 so has to be 20)

Total: £180

For comparison last Guard box was £187.5 which retailed for £100

Or the Cadian Defense Force still available: £157.5 which for £110

27 minutes ago, shinros said:

I think our broken realm book will contain all the new rules and hosts to update our current tome. GW did say they are using broken realms to rewrite warscrolls after all. There is a reason why Hellstriders aren't battleline anymore, unless it's an error. 

yeah they probably pull an Engine War and put the warscrolls and rules  in the supplements like what they did with the Admech model they released

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

yeah they probably pull an Engine War and put the warscrolls and rules  in the supplements like what they did with the Admech model they released

Yup, considering the Lord of pain command ability buffs hedonite mortals and the coin, I'm expecting the release to be around early january. GW could surprise us though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I guess the slaanesh release could either be massive (if this is the whole release) or quite small if this is the starter before summers main course.

either in jan or summer we are likely to get

1. the new born

2. slaangor

3. harem Pants archers

4. harem pants swords/spears

some new heroes ?

maybe slaaneshi chaos ogors 

if this is the show that replaces the Blood and Glory preview, i  think this maybe the same size release as the S2D releasee that was reveal and release in the same time period.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

I guess the slaanesh release could either be massive (if this is the whole release) or quite small if this is the starter before summers main course.

either in jan or summer we are likely to get

1. the new born

2. slaangor

3. harem Pants archers

4. harem pants swords/spears

some new heroes ?

maybe slaaneshi chaos ogors 

This sounds about right to me in terms of units. When it comes to lords all we need is a mounted hero and a wizard, that would be it. The Lord of Pain is our foot-melee lord. We already have out mounted units via hellstriders. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 1