The Rumour Thread

Last year battleforces were announced a couple of weeks earlier than normal I think because there was a pretty big price leak that gave the game away last year. They seem to more  be revealed in the last couple of weeks of November depending on when weekends lie in other years.

If they don't appear for pre-order by the 5th at the absolute latest then they are definitely not coming, until then I'm working on the assumption that they are still going ahead with them unless GW says different.

21 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

What have we got left? Death guard for pre-order next week maybe. Underworlds in December and general Christmas stuff? 

Presumably some sort of preview on Christmas.

Slaanesh for aos and the next broken realms plus the two 40k books in January?

Death guard and blood angel Codex are suppose to be release in December.

there is still those Warcry GA book

6 hours ago, novakai said:

Death guard and blood angel Codex are suppose to be release in December.

there is still those Warcry GA book

6 hours ago, HollowHills said:

What have we got left? Death guard for pre-order next week maybe. Underworlds in December and general Christmas stuff? 

Presumably some sort of preview on Christmas.

Slaanesh for aos and the next broken realms plus the two 40k books in January?

Underworlds is supposed to come out in early 2021, so I think the Warcry books and the last 40K stuff is most likely - and then a bunch of Christmas boxes.

19 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

How long does it usually take them to update Azyr with new book stuff? Really want to start playing around with list building

The required time is so where inbetween   Two weeks and two months

Warscrollbuilder however usually updates within a day

Edited by JackStreicher

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Considering the focus on DoK right now and the fact that we've got the warscroll cards I'm surprised GW has held off on the points for them. I can only hope that the individual box for them is just around the corner. 

did any of the warcry warband had points on release, i seem to recall they didn't get points until after the S2D tome came

49 minutes ago, novakai said:

did any of the warcry warband had points on release, i seem to recall they didn't get points until after the S2D tome came

I seem to recall that they got them when they got their StD pack releases ,but might have had them sooner. I honestly don't recall now, but I'm pretty sure they didn't have to wait until the battletome. Of course back then StD weren't working well so a lot of people weren't doing much and were waiting for the Battletome anyway. 

Of course what I really want is the Shadow warriors on sale on their own because right now there isn't much stock of them on ebay which means its only the high priced that are remaining. 

• Like 1

For those who might be interested the CD versions of both Realmslayer audio dramas are on "last chance to buy" on the GW UK website. Whilst there is still likely stock in regional local stores, it does mean that if you want them you might want to get it sooner rather than later. Note I've on reason to think that GW will stop selling this story digitally; its purely the physical CD version that is likely reaching the end of its stocks. 

The hardback print edition of Realmslayer is also on last-chance as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Let´s see if today we have any news about the next broken realms book or not.

Personally I'd kinda like some time to digest and enjoy this first part before we immediately jump on the hype train again literally a day after Morathi's book releases.

Probably not a popular opinion though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

If we're going to get battleforces I would imagine they would be announced today. 

With Bloodbowl on a 2 week preorder they have given themselves a weeks breathing room I'm guessing to prep for Xmas. 

I'm fairly sure they did the same last year. 

If we get Battleforces they should be announced on the 22th for release on the 5th (Battleforces normally get released on the first Saturday of Dezember)

Honestly at £85 the Bloodbowl boxed set is fantastic value. It really makes me baffled that the same company can price BB like that and then prices Catacombs so much higher. 

@alghero81 I figure its hard to sell them even as a premium product. The first transcript is a great book, but part of that is the cover artwork inside and other little tidbits; the actual story isn't as great in transcript as it is in audio. Who knows we might a a complete transcript special edition in a few years (this is hoping we get more audio dramas of Gotrek). 

It is one of the few physical BL books I own and one of the far fewer special editions I own. Granted a big part of that was it had a more fair price on it. 

• Like 2