The Rumour Thread

There is no way cities are going away. They are getting continued rule support and updates plus feature heavily in the lore. The only way cities of sigmar is going away is if they decide to release actual new units for the major lore locations instead of using old whfb units.

This is just more trolling. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Doko said:

The problem is tye double turn and not the shooting. Maths show how ranged units are overcosteds vs melle units when we do the ratio damage done per poins of every unit.

But double turn double the damage of rangued units while dont do the same for melles.

In my opinion the fix is easy:

-remove doubleturn as maaaaaaaaaaany people hate it 

-or put the same alternate activate units that we have in melle but in shooting but this wont do anything if the enemy havent shooting

The existence of the double turn actually makes investing in shooting more volatile, not better.

There is only ever one meta problem with shooting, are armies with high effective shooting too resistant against other forms of damage. This resistance can be achieve through multiple ways but that is the measure in simplest terms. 

Personally I don't think we are there yet, but obviously I could be wrong.

On 11/7/2020 at 6:00 AM, shinros said:

This is actually a huge problem in 40k in my opinion, largely the lore in the psychic awakening books kinda sucked. Normally I have no interest in supplements due to this very reason, but the AOS ones always seem to capture my interest because things actually happen. 

The most hilarious one to me was Saga of the Beast which, despite it's title and main characters, had basically nothing to do with Ghazghkull. The 6 main conflicts in the book are themed around the 6 major Ork klans fighting Space Wolves on different planets without Ghaz or Ragnar's involvement. There is a short blurb before Ghaz's stats about their fight, but it's basically nothing, there is no overarching story/"saga" between the events. The actual lore about their fight is in a booklet in the Prophecy of the Wolf box set.

10 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

The easy evidence is model availability. Old dark elves box is being sold in new packaging the other good guy city faction is all stormcast. The druchii shall survive this purge but mark it now by the broken realms end the city model line will be at an end. I can dream that this will mean aos 3 will release with a human faction box vs skaven or something but that probably wont happen yet. New humans are definitely arriving broken realms has confirmed it

Once full spoilers are out and allowed people will see how the old cities book is already obsolete now.

OK, so you're saying that cities is definitely getting squatted because:

• Old dark elf models are getting up to date packaging with the release of a new city that is focused on the older dark elf kits
  • There are new rules for including all Cities of Sigmar units in Stormcast Eternals armies

That certainly seems conclusive to me.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

The existence of the double turn actually makes investing in shooting more volatile, not better.

There is only ever one meta problem with shooting, are armies with high effective shooting too resistant against other forms of damage. This resistance can be achieve through multiple ways but that is the measure in simplest terms. 

Personally I don't think we are there yet, but obviously I could be wrong.

The above point is really important and rarely gets talked about. Many shooting armies fear getting double turned as much as they covet getting the double turn.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

The easy evidence is model availability. Old dark elves box is being sold in new packaging the other good guy city faction is all stormcast. The druchii shall survive this purge but mark it now by the broken realms end the city model line will be at an end. I can dream that this will mean aos 3 will release with a human faction box vs skaven or something but that probably wont happen yet. New humans are definitely arriving broken realms has confirmed it

Once full spoilers are out and allowed people will see how the old cities book is already obsolete now.

Cities now has three boxed sets. Mostly elves, but there is also a proper set. I suspect AoS is next year, so it's logical to assume Cities survives that.

Morathi wouldn't be a logical place for wanderers, phoenixes, humans or dwarves.

• Confused 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

Following your logic of boxes for who gonna be deleted i have some data.

Every actual dwarf box is a new aos box as dark elf have got,so why dark elf wont be removed but dwarf yes?

Also other data,the dispossesed warriors box that were deleted with citys of sigmar had the 100% new aos box and packing oval bases etc 

So the new or old boxes dont meaning nothing,units with new boxes have been squated allready.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Icegoat said:

Rumours abound now that cities are definitely going to be gone as an army come the new edition broken realms is the end times but specifically for old dwarf and human models the dark elf models are going to be kept and rolled into the new morathi faction. What a shame. I guess phoenicum will be the next city to go that will get rid of phoenix guard. 

It's actually pretty good news because it means GW MUST  has to will need to release a new human faction at some point in aos 3.0.

What rumours? Where are they abounding? C'mon dude. Please. A link. A source. Anything. Even "my uncle who works at GW says...". Did you have it in a dream? Anything at all to suggest you're not just saying whatever comes into your head. Give people a reason to respect you. Please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think even GW came out and said CoS is one of the most armies in AoS - even on TGA that's pretty clear. Now it could be argued that might've made them realign their plans for the faction, maybe not. I think all people have to go off is education guesses/speculation. Could CoS be squat'ed in the near-future? Absolutely and I don't think it would be a surprise. Could CoS receive continued support, updated ranges and/or new units? That could also happen.

It's just going around in the same circles at this point.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

23 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

No but the losses of costumer could be surprisingly high😋

nah that just fantasy Grognog talk really

costumers would just make switch to making Skaven furry suites for all the unwash masses

Edited by novakai

11 hours ago, sandlemad said:

What rumours? Where are they abounding? C'mon dude. Please. A link. A source. Anything. Even "my uncle who works at GW says...". Did you have it in a dream? Anything at all to suggest you're not just saying whatever comes into your head. Give people a reason to respect you. Please.

At what point does a 'rumor' just become a conspiracy theory???

It is Conspiracy time!!

Element Games have a lot of articles with a date of reposition from June. For the "conspiracy moment," I'm gonna avoid the only "available to order" boxes.

If we take a look, all of them have the AoS 1.0 brand but we have three grand exceptions:

- Slaanesh
- Flesh-Eaters
- Nighthaunt

13 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

It is Conspiracy time!!

Element Games have a lot of articles with a date of reposition from June. For the "conspiracy moment," I'm gonna avoid the only "available to order" boxes.

If we take a look, all of them have the AoS 1.0 brand but we have three grand exceptions:

- Slaanesh
- Flesh-Eaters
- Nighthaunt

I'm sorry, I don't get what you are trying to say here.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I'm sorry, I don't get what you are trying to say here.

It's a bit blurry but I think that I can solve the puzzle:

-Slaanesh is really eazy, they are a group of misfits following their big jackpot/booty (newborn): Pirates.
-Flesh_Eaters, they are a group of Bretonian dudes that follow one Vampire Lord known as Ghoul-King and/or Arch-regent: Vampires
-Nighthaunts: That was the most difficult to understand, but it was right in fron my eyes the whole time: They are mostly green and fly!!

Conclusions: Vampirates and Grotbag Scuttlers are going to be the next armies!!

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

40 minutes ago, Beliman said:

It's a bit blurry but I think that I can solve the puzzle:

-Slaanesh is really eazy, they are a group of misfits following their big jackpot/booty (newborn): Pirates.
-Flesh_Eaters, they are a group of Bretonian dudes that follow one Vampire Lord known as Ghoul-King and/or Arch-regent: Vampires
-Nighthaunts: That was the most difficult to understand, but it was right in fron my eyes the whole time: They are mostly green and fly!!

Conclusions: Vampirates and Grotbag Scuttlers are going to be the next armies!!

You mean clans Scurvy.

Or Pi-rats

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 2