The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Boar said:

When KO 2.0 was announced I hoped for better ships which we got, and especially for Arkanauts to be more melee oriented. We got what we got, almost no melee (we lost 2atk endrinriggers) and we have no choice but to blast. Unfortunately high shooting and/or magic isn't really balanced with current core rules (double turns possibility).

I think that the new book was a really big change and was enough after the first one. But after some games,  I'm with you in everything what you said and I would add that high magic and shooting is boring
If the arkanaut pistol could be used like a melee profile, our company boys would had nice punch (+1 wound in Barak-Zon or +1hit if garrisoned with an Admiral). 
Their special weapons should be taken when you buy them as 10, not because they are 10 models; then we could use a frigatte with 9 arkanauts and an admiral and still have some nice punch (Iron Sky Attack Squadron could be used as an offensive tool than just to steal an objectives).
Maybe it's not enough to do a melee force, but still, a bit of refinement is always welcome.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Maybe they have to tone down a few outlier combinations,  but I’m not sure if shooting is generally too good

Difference between poison and cure is often in dose right? So inherently shooting (or magic) is fine, but when you cross certain threshold we are going to see problems. And double turn on melee armies is mitigated to some degree by alternate activations vs shooting (magic) where only one side kills other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Maybe they have to tone down a few outlier combinations,  but I’m not sure if shooting is generally too good. In case of the Stormcast for example, they just reduced points so much, that you now can do things you couldn’t with battalions etc. There weren’t any real rule changes. 

The fact that the rules didn't change is actually part of the problem, because the rules stayed the same in the face of a change in the reality to which they are applied. Essentially, a ruleset intended for a melee-oriented game is now being applied to a shooting-oriented one. You can see it in the lack of limitations to, out of the top of my head moving and shooting, shooting in combat, shooting an enemy locked in combat with a friendly unit, or the absence of any meaningful protection for leaders (-1 to hit lol) and of attention to line of sight blocking terrain

• Like 1

It could also be Cities of Sigmar. And we already have stormcast archers.

If its stormcast, its probably a new band for Underworld with a Judicator. For AoS maybe a hero judicator... 

And if it is Cities of Sigmar it will also probably be for an Underworld Warband.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rattila said:

It could also be Cities of Sigmar. And we already have stormcast archers.

If its stormcast, its probably a new band for Underworld with a Judicator. For AoS maybe a hero judicator... 

And if it is Cities of Sigmar it will also probably be for an Underworld Warband.

The position of the quiver seems weird to me, like the holder is mounted maybe?

49 minutes ago, Boar said:

And double turn on melee armies is mitigated to some degree by alternate activations vs shooting (magic) where only one side kills other.

Maybe it would be enough if you simply COULD NOT target any solo characters (neither with spells nor shooting) that benefit from "look out sir". And maybe a -1 to hit when you target big one-man units.

Edited by JackStreicher

6 minutes ago, FireAbend said:

Please give us 'Devoted of Sigmar' mortal warband/army whatever :)

We also have , as rumor engine, what seems to be a chestplate with lion’s head and a staff with the twin tailed comet.

From the other rumor engine, I bet we will have a sigmaresque warband, a seraphon warband and a vampire warband for Underworld S4. And also a new Hero for Ogor, maybe frostlord on foot, for AoS.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Maybe it would be enough if you simply COULD NOT target any solo characters (neither with spells nor shooting) that benefit from "look out sir". And maybe a -1 to hit when you target big one-man units.

So you suggest to make all wizards and support heroes almost inmune till 3rd or 4th turn? No man, that’s crazy and easily exploitable.

As i said yesterday, is better to work on terrain mechanics that both players can use.

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 2

I hope it's not a Stormcast archer, we already have Judicators and Castigators. While I guess we could have another archer hero, it's also something that wouldn't add to the roster. It'd especially be salt in the wound considering what other factions lack. 

That's not to say I'm totally anti-Stormcast, I just don't want their units to be doubled up on. If we're going to get new Stormcast, at least give us something different.

If it's just an Underworlds thing, I don't mind so much.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Anything will be welcome!!!
I see a lot more negative modifiers for melee attacks than ranged attacks. Maybe it's time to change that too.

All armies should be designed with that in mind, but I could see a generic rule to stop shooting any enemy unit if they are engaged with any friendly unit (of course, Skavens will ignore that rule...). A unit using the disengage move to give another one an oportunity to shoot could be a new basic tactic (and units that can retreat and shoot/charge will be more interesting).

Edited by Beliman
grammar
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Updated Judicators with female and male models. Possibly even for a new starter set. 

This would allow new models for stormcast without adding more bloat. 

Would be nice, but do you think GW would see updaing the three year old Judicator kit as a good move when *guestures broadly at Seraphon*?

• Like 4

The problem is tye double turn and not the shooting. Maths show how ranged units are overcosteds vs melle units when we do the ratio damage done per poins of every unit.

But double turn double the damage of rangued units while dont do the same for melles.

In my opinion the fix is easy:

-remove doubleturn as maaaaaaaaaaany people hate it 

-or put the same alternate activate units that we have in melle but in shooting but this wont do anything if the enemy havent shooting

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Doko said:

The problem is tye double turn and not the shooting. Maths show how ranged units are overcosteds vs melle units when we do the ratio damage done per poins of every unit.

But double turn double the damage of rangued units while dont do the same for melles.

In my opinion the fix is easy:

-remove doubleturn as maaaaaaaaaaany people hate it 

-or put the same alternate activate units that we have in melle but in shooting but this wont do anything if the enemy havent shooting

I love the double turn. If it didn't exist AoS would just be fantasy 40k, which would turn me away easily since 40k is boring.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Huanchi said:

Stormcast Chariots -> "Imperishables" Stormhost

This points to a chariot or something similar. The quiver is too big fit any personally carried by a single stormcast, the shape of the quiver also suggests it is mounted . They are clever with the angles at times, but this one would stick out a lot of this is on the back or belt of some guy for sure.-

Different arrows looks interesting as well, just added detail or maybe a shifting profile thing?