The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

The ending makes me wonder about destruction and necromancy... perhaps some repricutions from the necroquake. 

That or the writer is taking their Orruk info from 40K Orks which are known to survive some pretty live-threatening injuries up to and including losing their heads - er bodies. 

18 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

The ending makes me wonder about destruction and necromancy... perhaps some repricutions from the necroquake. 

i think it just describing the Bonesplitterz turning process, if an Orruk get in a good scrap (win or Lose) they are driven  in WAAAAGH! energy and it forever changes them

• Like 3

5 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

I would be positively stoked if BoC got Ghosteater as a model. His story arc in Black Pyramid was so compelling.

Agreed. I would personally also like to see Moonclaw come back even though I don't think it's likely. Now that the beastmen are no longer incondicional pawns of the Chaos Gods and consider themselves the true children of chaos, who better to lead them than the son of Morrslieb himself? Well, Morghur would work well too, though the battletome mentioned that those who praised him as a god were seemed kind of 'heretical' by the other Beastmen (not sure if it was that extreme or if it was simply looked down upon).

He could also have a significant grudge against the skaven for blowing up his mother in the End Times.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, novakai said:

i think it just describing the Bonesplitterz turning process, if an Orruk get in a good scrap (win or Lose) they are driven  in WAAAAGH! energy and it forever changes them

IMO they are describing that GorkaMorka is coming back and their WAAAGH! power is so strong it can invigorate even almost dead greenskins...

EDIT: It's like Psychic Awakening, but instead of more psykers we get stronger Orruks. Or maybe all the gods are empowering their followers...

Edited by michu
  • Like 1

You know how teclis came back as a god, with his lumineth?.....well after reading that extract from "the clobbering", would it be worth considering that an old world orc character may be returning (Grimgor or Azhag for example) to either aid Gordrakk in his quest to break the gates of azyr, or to overthrow him as leader of the ironjawz?....food for thought 🤔

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Unpopular opinion* but I don't want regular dwarves. 

I love the AoS take on dwarves. Give us more steampunk stunties and please, please give us more Fyreslayers. 

Someone said it best eariler in the thread, it's great AoS isn't the standard fantasy setting of the eldar races dying and mankind becoming dominant. 

So let's have some more non standard fantasy troopes. 

Even the Lumineth are fairly boring compared to the other elves. 

You could have regular arrogant elves or have half snake elves or blind elves with no souls with live in the deep or ancient elves who's souls have merged with trees. 

Give us chaos dwarves or dwarves who've gone fully mechanical. 

*I fully realise I've probably just been entered into many book of grudges but I aint scared of no stunties! 

That's a grudging!

Seriously tho I understand it.  Took a while to get used to but I do love AoS high fantasy "twists" (Flesh-Eater Courts and Sylvaneth I'm looking at you) of old armies.  I dont imagine or want a straight rip of Fantasy Dwarfs, at least not until the Old World, that's why I mention golems a lot with my proposed ideas.  

I picture Rank and File Dwarfs carrying crazy forged weapons made by Grungi, Warmachines like the walking cog fort and massive Golems striding the battlefield.  A decent mix of old and new.

Also before I get yelled at to take this convo to a Dwarf thread again, I'll talk rumors.

Morathi's totally going to betray everyone right? Shocked Pikachu face.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

That's a grudging!

Seriously tho I understand it.  Took a while to get used to but I do love AoS high fantasy "twists" (Flesh-Eater Courts and Sylvaneth I'm looking at you) of old armies.  I dont imagine or want a straight rip of Fantasy Dwarfs, at least not until the Old World, that's why I mention golems a lot with my proposed ideas.  

I picture Rank and File Dwarfs carrying crazy forged weapons made by Grungi, Warmachines like the walking cog fort and massive Golems striding the battlefield.  A decent mix of old and new.

Also before I get yelled at to take this convo to a Dwarf thread again, I'll talk rumors.

Morathi's totally going to betray everyone right? Shocked Pikachu face.

Those stunties I could get on board with! 

And I'm sure their beards shave just as easy 😜😜😜

I can't wait to see the look on sigmars face when the Goddess of Murder sticks a knife in his back!!! 

If there is one thing Morathi has always done well, is look out for herself and ****** everyone else over. 

The other gods deserve what happens to them if they think she would change her ways! 

Fingers crossed that this Sundays article shows broken realms, I'm so, so ready for this! 

Edit - really sc rew is a bad word? 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 1

So minor little point on Har Kuron I think people are missing. Everyone has drawn the Har Ganeth parallel, but I don't think anyone has also connected it with Kuoran Darkhand the named Blackguard and Malekiths loyal bodyguard. Plus CoS have Blackguard in their line.

Plus GW isnt above butchering names with Khailebron being a DoK temple either

• Like 4

1 hour ago, michu said:

IMO they are describing that GorkaMorka is coming back and their WAAAGH! power is so strong it can invigorate even almost dead greenskins...

EDIT: It's like Psychic Awakening, but instead of more psykers we get stronger Orruks. Or maybe all the gods are empowering their followers...

Yes,it looks Gorkamorka itself is coming and empowering all the orruks.

The clobbering /fight seems to be between an armoured ironjawz Borkrogg  and a naked bonesplitterz Grakka. 

Last short story from " forbidden power" was about orruks ( Gordrakk and godhammer)

First short strory from " Broken realms" is about orruks !  ;)

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

You know how teclis came back as a god, with his lumineth?.....well after reading that extract from "the clobbering", would it be worth considering that an old world orc character may be returning (Grimgor or Azhag for example) to either aid Gordrakk in his quest to break the gates of azyr, or to overthrow him as leader of the ironjawz?....food for thought 🤔

Dude if Grimgor comes back....

• Like 1

I'm still in it to win it: Broken Realms: Morathi and whichever one Malarion is in are going to talk extensively about their "shadow daemons", and who is the lord of shadows....

Be'Lakor's "Shadow Form" ability - "Be'Lakor's physical form is as insubstantial as the cloying mists of Ulgu, and just as hard to land a telling blow against"

Isn't it interesting that the Shadowstalkers warband have a similar ability after binding themselves to daemons of shadow from Ulgu?

If I'm wrong, which I admit that I probably am, fine.  But if I'm right...

Edited by BarfAtTheMoon
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, michu said:

Well, the lore says that archeologists think that, before Malerion, Be'Lakor ruled Ulgu.

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Ah poor Be’lakor. New world same story. Again replaced as the #1. At least this time by a god and not just a favoured mortal again. 

Or....

does Be’Lakor rule Malerion and he just doesn’t know it hmmm? Hmmm? ;)

we love a bit of the dark master. :D

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

42 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

Or....

does Be’Lakor rule Malerion and he just doesn’t know it hmmm? Hmmm? ;)

we love a bit of the dark master. :D

knowing Malekith and his plot armor he most likely know and just playing along until he just surprise Uno card the dark master and become the Phoenix king again.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, cyrus said:

Yes,it looks Gorkamorka itself is coming and empowering all the orruks.

The clobbering /fight seems to be between an armoured ironjawz Borkrogg  and a naked bonesplitterz Grakka. 

Last short story from " forbidden power" was about orruks ( Gordrakk and godhammer)

First short strory from " Broken realms" is about orruks !  ;)

On this one I share novakai's opinion, for me the story clearly describes the "awekening" of a Bonesplitter 🙂

To provide more insights, according to the battletome the savages are not just another tribe, but basically crazy/enlightened orcs, whose mind are completely taken over by the waaagh. This is usually triggers in battle, so experiencing the transformation after a glorious duel makes a lot of sense. The story has some direct references as well, like Bonesplitterz are constantly hearing a thumping of waaagh in their head. It is also symbolic how he get rid of the armor (even though it was not entirely voluntary 😁) replacing it with warpaint, picks up a bone chompa and walks away to find the tribe.

All in all, it's a cool story, I was very pleased to read it. Really excited to see what Gorkamorka brings to us! 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Intriguing, I didn't know there was an unpublished book. How far along did it get and what details are known about it? Any source where I can learn more? I have some of the Otherworlds stone golems to go with my chaos dwarfs since they also have the Assyrian aesthetic an it was an obvious combination. It's nice to know there is sort of a precedent in canon. Or almost canon anyway! 

I don't know which book he is talking about, but I remember FW was going to have a book to update them (and Fimir) during 8th edition WHFB, then that book was canceled when End Times production started. Prototype models that were shown off at Warhammer World were Fimir Matriarchs (a massive fimir similar in scale to the Dankhold Troggoth), Fimir Nobles (eventually released in AoS, but discontinued two years later alongside Fimir), Fimir variants with different weapons, A giant K'daii Destroyer for Chaos Dwarfs (repurposed to be the FW Greater Khorgorath by removing most of the armor, changing the head, and adding Khorne symbols), and more. Here is the Chaos Dwarf K'daai Destroyer with the helmet and without the helmet. The K'daii Destroyer wasn't ready to be released for Throne of Chaos so they were repeatedly postponed until 8th, then eventually scrapped.

I am having trouble finding the images for the fimir atm.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

Intriguing, I didn't know there was an unpublished book. How far along did it get and what details are known about it? Any source where I can learn more? I have some of the Otherworlds stone golems to go with my chaos dwarfs since they also have the Assyrian aesthetic an it was an obvious combination. It's nice to know there is sort of a precedent in canon. Or almost canon anyway! 

It had rules/stats for all the units. You could decide what your golem did based on how you upgraded its "heart" (animating force). There were about 30 pages of info, if memory serves. It was a test set of rules that the designer shared with a few of us in the office. It never was given to us as playtesters at the time, so I think it was at a fairly early stage. My copy is kicking around in a storage box somewhere. I have not seen it in at least 15 years, so I don't remember much else, sorry.

1 hour ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I don't know which book he is talking about, but I remember FW was going to have a book to update them (and Fimir) during 8th edition WHFB, then that book was canceled when End Times production started. Prototype models that were shown off at Warhammer World were Fimir Matriarchs (a massive fimir similar in scale to the Dankhold Troggoth), Fimir Nobles (eventually released in AoS, but discontinued two years later alongside Fimir), Fimir variants with different weapons, A giant K'daii Destroyer for Chaos Dwarfs (repurposed to be the FW Greater Khorgorath by removing most of the armor, changing the head, and adding Khorne symbols), and more. Here is the Chaos Dwarf K'daai Destroyer with the helmet and without the helmet. The K'daii Destroyer wasn't ready to be released for Throne of Chaos so they were repeatedly postponed until 8th, then eventually scrapped.

I am having trouble finding the images for the fimir atm.

Here you go, here's the Fimir. In order, there's a Dirach Balefiend which had a warscroll in AoS for a while even without the model. Then there's the Meargh which is the the matriarch you're talking about that was Troggoth sized. Finally, the Shearl or slave caste. Still makes me sad now with Fimir gone to legends we'll probably never see these get the light of day or have a complete Fimir army again. Of course, since the Old World is coming back and Forgeworld is involved, maybe there's hope to at least have them in the Old World again.

Spoiler

DirachBalefiend.JPGMeargh.JPGMeargh2.JPGMeargh3.JPGShearl.jpg

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I like both the Dwarf factions.  Fire Dwarfs riding Magmadroths and Steampunk Air Ships are athestically awesome.

BUT, I will always yearn for the more traditional Dwarves.  Please GW give us the retro equivalent of Lumineth!  With less Cow and more Golems. 

That’s the funny part about it all, in some ways it’s better not to have them - because everyone can imagine that they’ll release exactly their dream army. 

The time between the “Pointy Aelves” video and the time they released the first video of the Lumineth was probably the most fun time I had on this forum. Everyone was just happily speculating away about their new dream High Elves. So much excitement. And then we lost 20%, and another bunch turning really negative. And then ... we got the Alarith ... 

It’s still better of course to get an army that you want, but you have to be lucky like KingBrodd and me that you actually like the outcome. I hope they’ll do something with traditional dwarfs that must of you actually like. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1