The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Broken Realms: Grungi please.  

Dwarf gods need more representation.  Damn pointy ears have 5 if you count Morathi, 3 of which have models.

Fixed that for you 😜

But in earnest, I’m sure they’ll do something with Grungni. It would be great if we get a new take on classic Dwarfs. The Fyreslayers might also succeed at some point with their quest. 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just me thinking: if they do five army per book (or even 4) they would cover the whole AoS range in only four more books (assuming there is no overlap which could happen with some certain armies), if they are going to spread it between GAs one would think it be Nagash, Archeon/Belekor, Gordrakk and another big Order character 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Well, who could that be 🤔 

which factions updates have stalled after the third battletome? 
no new models expect for multiple hero characters in the last two years.

lets wait and see ;) 

i was think it was more going to be Alarielle since she has an actual model unlike Sigmar and since Stormcast had already been done in Broken realm, they would just get another chamber and battletome when the new edition rolls around

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, novakai said:

Just me thinking: if they do five army per book (or even 4) they would cover the whole AoS range in only four more books (assuming there is no overlap which could happen with some certain armies), if they are going to spread it between GAs one would think it be Nagash, Archeon/Belekor, Gordrakk and another big Order character 

4 seems like a good amount of books. Was PA like 9?

2 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Fixed that for you 😜

But in earnest, I’m sure they’ll do something with Grungni. It would be great if we get a new take on classic Dwarfs. The Fyreslayers might also succeed at some point with their quest. 

I am just imagining an Avatar of Grimnir, a big duardin-shaped stone golem with magma flowing through cracks in the stone. In it's head are ur-gold runes that gives it false life, imitating their ideal form of Grimnir.

• Like 3

Regarding Broken realms for other GA, I'll like to see. 

Gordrak for a destruction one, makes the most sense. 

A new mortarch for the death one. There are still 3 to be revealed, Vlad maybe? 

Let's have a skaven character for the chaos one, let's see what Thanquel has been up to or give us someone new, a Master Moulder maybe. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Let's have a skaven character for the chaos one, let's see what Thanquel has been up to or give us someone new, a Master Moulder maybe. 

i have a feeling they are going for existing character for Broken realms just judging by how they did the first book. (mostly them reusing old artwork of Morathi for the cover)

though as much as i would like Vlad to come back, seems like GW want the newer Mortach to be original characters

6 hours ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

I am just imagining an Avatar of Grimnir, a big duardin-shaped stone golem with magma flowing through cracks in the stone. In it's head are ur-gold runes that gives it false life, imitating their ideal form of Grimnir.

The never-published chaos dwarf book (not the WD collection) from back around 1999 had golems, so it's been knocking around in their heads for a long time.

9 hours ago, LuminethMage said:

Fixed that for you 😜

My hope for a while is a "Karak Reclaimers" (or something like that), Dwarf faction led by Grungi.

Classic Dwarfs with an AoS spin by including Golems.

I'm sure have already seen me ranting about that before though :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

My hope for a while is a "Karak Reclaimers" (or something like that), Dwarf faction led by Grungi.

Why not have those reclaimed by the deity of home and hearth? Who founded many of those Karaks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

The never-published chaos dwarf book (not the WD collection) from back around 1999 had golems, so it's been knocking around in their heads for a long time.

Intriguing, I didn't know there was an unpublished book. How far along did it get and what details are known about it? Any source where I can learn more? I have some of the Otherworlds stone golems to go with my chaos dwarfs since they also have the Assyrian aesthetic an it was an obvious combination. It's nice to know there is sort of a precedent in canon. Or almost canon anyway! 

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Why not have those reclaimed by the deity of home and hearth? Who founded many of those Karaks. 

I find that more likely. especially since the KO could be seen as the Grungi faction of dwarves.
could also imagine a Valaya-HGrungi teacup faction with a mother goddess, father god vibe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I'd love for Skaven to be the driving force of the Chaos led book.

1 hour ago, King Under the Mountain said:

I havent and would love to see more ranting, these guys sound amazing!!

16 hours ago, Popisdead said:

<puts on old salty grumblers hat> imagine CoS getting some models back like that eagle chariot thingy and rules added to Tempest Eye :P

Where the heck is the white dwarf anyway? Few armies as iconic as the proud dawi, but they've been replaced with clowns and "greedy" slayers... grrrrr

16 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Just wait for Kurnothi/Sylvaneth.  GW is expanding and contracting things in AoS.  I expect Orion will return in AoS form.

This coming spring, Orion will be returining (tm); except that it will be called Ouryionn or Avatar of Kurnoth.

• Confused 1

Beasts of chaos lack any named characters in AoS other than the shadespire bray shaman character. Their generic hero's are some of the weakest and the book desperately needs new warscrolls. Perhaps they could bring morghur back in some form or a named beastlord.