The Rumour Thread

Oh man this is really exciting... but also conflicts with my inherent cheapness. 

For those of you who played 40k and used the psychic awakening books what are the contents I should expect? Will this supplement or replace current books and does it contain all new unit profiles or simply just introduce new battalions/items/units/battle traits etc?

I am looking forward to having a hero mounted in a chariot for chaos but I am not into it if there is a tax of two more chariots. I have always felt chariots made an amazing mount for heroes but I feel units of them make them feel less special and unique as a heroic mount.  

Edited by Neverchosen

Under Aelves on the Broken Realms site, they are showing Dragon Blades and a Loremaster (to buy!) - are these two units making a comeback?  I do hope so!

You can't actually buy them, at least not yet, but still.....

Edited by Aelfric
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

18 hours ago, Icegoat said:

Why do I get the feeling this heralds the end of the age of men in order factions. Aos true identity i think has been revealed a land of aelf and duardin and orruk with no humans in sight except those turned by sigmar or chaos. I think this herald the ends of the cities of sigmar and begins the empires of the aelves. It looks like the last few remaining freeguild kits will be going soon. 

And this is based on the centring of aelven factions in a campaign book named after an aelven demigod which we know will place a big emphasis on the growing schism and revelations between the greatest figures in the Aelven patheon? This seems like a stretch.

Don't get me wrong, I am sad that we don't see more Free Cities stuff, but it seems to me that rushing to announce the Death of Humanity in an aelf centred book that is only the first in a series, and that might well be followed by a new edition, seems... premature at best, and deliberately antagonistic at worst. For all we know, the rules for the Free City we are getting in this book will breathe new life into the Freeguild tactics. For all we know, AoS 3 will be kicked off by a Stormvault being opened filled with new, more arcanely powerful muskets and pikes that leads to a renovated Freeguild/Ironweld range.

Two years ago, would anyone have believed there was much hope for the classic Night Goblins, given what we had seen happen to the bulk of the Orks that were? Would anyone have believed that we would have a whole army of gargants with some of the most creative and unique mythology in the setting?

Trust me, there are few people who want to see a true return of the Devotees of Sigmar more than me - but in their absence there is no need to try and pick up the slack in proselytizing doom and gloom.

Edited by MaatithoftheBrand
  • Like 11
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Under Aelves on the Broken Realms site, they are showing Dragon Blades and a Loremaster (to buy!) - are these two units making a comeback?  I do hope so!

You can't actually buy them, at least not yet, but still.....

umm i think they just haven't update that page since AoS 2.0 came out, it been like that for 2 and a half year by now

14 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Why do I get the feeling this heralds the end of the age of men in order factions.

I think it’s probably because you are fundamentally incapable of not putting forward the exact same shallow one note take in response to literally any event tbh.

Anyway. Interesting that these books will actually be including revised warscrolls for existing units. If they continue that trend, that alone would be enough to elevate them above the 40k PA books as a means freshening factions and addressing things which don’t quite work. It’s better than ladelling on more artefacts, allegiance abilities, etc, more meaningful.

I’m happier seeing an attempt to fix the allopex at the source, for example, rather than making a specific battalion that makes it a good choice in a narrow set of circumstances.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Slaves to Darkness and Stormcast are meaningless without the regular human. Regular humans are what define them. Having a world where all the humans are either roided chaos warriors or roided angels is not healthy for the story. Freeguild aren't going anywhere.

Edited by Dankboss
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

Slaves to Darkness and Stormcast are meaningless without the regular human. Regular humans are what define them. Having a world where all the humans are either roided chaos warriors or roided angels is not healthy for the story.

i believe Slaves to darkness has regular humans, Warcry warbands, the few darkoath units and Marauders, 

they are just very fit and muscular people 

• Like 2

didn't expect the first story to be about Orruks.

10 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

That was a good story, I'm unfamiliar with the protagonists, at the beginning I thought were Bonesplitterz but they call themselves Gitz...
Anyone has any clue what happened?

i think they are Bonesplitterz

"The shaman came towards him, dipping his gnarled fingers into a pot of fungus woad. Bokkrog let the old orruk smear the bright-blue pigment on his face and chest, too entranced by the clouds to stop him."

Spoiler

basically Bookrog is fighting the upstart, beating the upstart, shamen said something is in the clouds, War is a brewing let go to war

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

That was a good story, I'm unfamiliar with the protagonists, at the beginning I thought were Bonesplitterz but they call themselves Gitz...
Anyone has any clue what happened?

Orruks use the word "git" as an insult.  Git doesn't always just mean goblin.  The tribe in the story seems to be 

Spoiler

some form of Ironjawz (or maybe regular orruk) tribe since the main character was wearing armor and the other orruks care enough to take the armor. Bonesplitterz care nothing for armor. The main character becomes a bonesplitter at the end following the boar cloud symbol.  This matches up pretty closely with the process of becoming a bonesplitter outlined in the both the old Bonesplitterz battletome and the new Orruk Warclans battletome.

EDIT: The shaman did seem to have a bonesplitter connection but really there's not much lore difference between a ironjawz shaman and bonesplitterz one.  They're both just using waaagh magic and talking to gorkamorka.

Edited by willange
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Enoby said:

It's curious there are no Slaanesh rules in this book, considering Shadow and Pain comes with a Slaanesh hero - in PA, the formula was always that a faction got new rules if it had a model in the relevant boxset.

Doesn't that set come out in December? Stands to reason the next book could come out in December and have Slaanesh in it.

57 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Why do I get the feeling this heralds the end of the age of men in order factions. Aos true identity i think has been revealed a land of aelf and duardin and orruk with no humans in sight except those turned by sigmar or chaos. I think this herald the ends of the cities of sigmar and begins the empires of the aelves. It looks like the last few remaining freeguild kits will be going soon. 

At last! A fantasy setting where the old magical races are not a past gone faction steadily falling into decay and ruin and failure. Where humans are not the shining light of the future that is the beacon of all goodness in the setting; the rising power that will arise to crush all and yet at the same time rule fair and wise over what remains. 

At last a setting that isn't following the Middle Earth pattern of human dominance at the expense of the fantasy older races.

That and Cities of Sigmar are getting rules; Slaves to Darkness are getting rules. For a book ending the realm of man there's basically the two major human forces getting rules and support through it. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

The first instalment in this thrilling series tells the story of Morathi's aspirations to ascend to godhood, and the lengths she will go – including outright betrayal – to achieve her goal. In addition to exciting, world-changing background, the book includes exclusive new rules for five of the narrative's featured factions – the Cities of Sigmar, Stormcast Eternals, Slaves to Darkness, Idoneth Deepkin and, of course, the Daughters of Khaine.

I guess Sigmar's make friends with the murder cult plan not working out too well.

Long ago, the Dark Prince Slaanesh was stolen away by the aelven gods, trapped in Uhl-Gysh and stripped of the souls he had devoured, yet his worshippers seek him out still. Now one such host has discovered a gateway to their lost god's prison, but the Daughters of Khaine who defend it have designs of their own in motion.

I am guessing that Morathi has decide that Slaanesh looks more tasty than a dead god heart is going to try become a god by siphoning Slaanesh power.

Edited by Harpo2
More infomation and speculation.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

these books will actually be including revised warscrolls for existing units.

And, of course, they will be providing free physical warscroll cards to anyone who bought the originals, right?

I mean, "updated" versions are sort a tacit admission that the rules on the originals were effectively defective, yeah?

;)