The Rumour Thread

On 10/26/2020 at 3:34 PM, alghero81 said:

Legos are a solid investment better than gold although ;) while it’s true some Warhammer miniatures used can sell at a higher price inflation included to what paid, a good condition retired Lego set can sell up to 5 times its original value... just saying... not gonna sell my Nighthaunt army 5 times the price I bought it lol can’t even sell my extra Glaivewraith at 50% discount!!!

I ended up selling all my Nighthaunt bundled together as an "army lot". I think the biggest selling point was the 50 chainrasp :D

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, michu said:

Look at this!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/10/28/enter-the-broken-realms/

Broken Realms will bring something for Cities of Sigmar! And Slaves To Darkness.

I fully expect there to be more books counting down to AoS 3, like Psychic Awakening did for 40k.  I would be surprised if every army didn't get something.  It may not be good but it will be something.(death watch looking at you).

11 minutes ago, Elazar The Glorified said:

Ah so is Broken Realms our countdown to a new edition ala End Times, Malign Portents and Psychic Awakening etc? 

PA most likely 100% NOT END TIMES.  Please don't make comments like that it will propagate and we'll have to deal with a myriad of nay sayers spewing ignorance about GW/AoS.  There sure is a rise of it in the general section of the forums here as it is.  Let's keep this positive, more stuff for AoS :)

• Like 3

Also at the bottom of the new website they are talking about other bundles that are coming out for the factions in the book together with Shadow and Pain together with images which probably show the content

Idoneth get 2x Allopexes and an Akhelian King

StD get 3x Chaos Chariots

Stormcast get 10x Judicators, a set of Gryphhounds, the ETB Castigators, and a Lord-Veritant

Cities get a Sorceress on Black Dragon, 20x Darkshards/Dreadspears

Edited by Matrindur

3 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Also at the bottom of the new website they are talking about other bundles that are coming out for the factions in the book together with Shadow and Pain together with images which probably show the content

Idoneth get 2x Allopexes and an Akhelian King

StD get 3x Chaos Chariots

Stormcast get 5x Judicators, a set of Gryphhounds, the ETB Castigators, a Lord-Veritant and a 5x man unit which I don't know?

Cities get a Sorceress on Black Dragon, 20x Darkshards/Dreadspears

Or maybe just shows Battallions

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Or maybe just shows Battallions

As written on the Website: "Combine this set with the rules found in Broken Realm: Morathi, and you can use the various Warscroll Battalions for your army" which to me sound like bundles which include all models you would need to play one of the Battalions

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Hopefully the lore proves better written than Psychic Awakening, where GW were squeezing so tightly to the status quo that blood was running from their fingertips. 

Well, we don't have 30 years of status quo to begin with. AoS is all about change.

• Like 2

This sounds like each army is getting a theme army with a bit more "validity" behind it than being a "white dwarf" army. It will remain to be seen how the new warscrolls work; ergo if they are outright replacements or if they are used only within the theme force introduced in the book.

The lore is interesting because its suggesting that Morathi is going to make a bigger play for power and also to stab Sigmar in the back quite powerfully. Whilst we were never under illusions that wars within Grand Alliances happen, this sounds like a pretty major one. Especially as thus far most of Order has been fairly well united against Chaos (even Idoneth are mostly only against others to harvest souls rather than for territories and such). 

Destruction wars against itself; Death has Flesheaters doing whatever they want and Chaos has rarely if never been truly united. Order was an enigma and it sounds like Morathi is going to strike like the viper she is to try and steal herself some power from that upshot of a golden god

• LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, Scruf said:

I ended up selling all my Nighthaunt bundled together as an "army lot". I think the biggest selling point was the 50 chainrasp :D

Lol, I kept all of them, but I have already 16 Glaivewraiths painted, so no need for 8 more, but I'll keep them on eBay, you never know if Leviadons and Allopexes become strong with a new Broken Realms book, then there's hope also for Glaivewraiths, between the most underrated mini in the range!
Super excited by these changes, normally these warscrolls are valid also for Matched Play right? Wrath of the Everchosen ones were valid...

21 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I fully expect there to be more books counting down to AoS 3, like Psychic Awakening did for 40k.  I would be surprised if every army didn't get something.  It may not be good but it will be something.(death watch looking at you).

PA most likely 100% NOT END TIMES.  Please don't make comments like that it will propagate and we'll have to deal with a myriad of nay sayers spewing ignorance about GW/AoS.  There sure is a rise of it in the general section of the forums here as it is.  Let's keep this positive, more stuff for AoS :)

Lol, was being positive, new editions are times of excitement to me and I enjoy all of the big fluff build-up, sorry if that was misrepresented! 

• Like 1

they did say every major faction will get something or attention, does sound like that they are definitely rebalancing some stuff given that the IDK units getting change are all problematic units that community have express disappointment by their performance (Turtle, the two aspects, and to some extent Sharks)

8 minutes ago, Elazar The Glorified said:

Lol, was being positive, new editions are times of excitement to me and I enjoy all of the big fluff build-up, sorry if that was misrepresented! 

ah heh,I fully agree new editions are good, new stuff is good.  the End Times are a bitter sticking issue for people who cannot change or adapt to something new and exciting 😉

19 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

As written on the Website: "Combine this set with the rules found in Broken Realm: Morathi, and you can use the various Warscroll Battalions for your army" which to me sound like bundles which include all models you would need to play one of the Battalions

I'm with you, also calculating the costs of those models they look all suspiciously similar and doable in a Start Collecting type of deal:
Idoneth is £85, Slaves is £75, SCE is £85 and Cities is £79.5.
Now at a £55 price those would be a good 35% discount that is not to be disparaged considering the recent price hike, Slaves would need to be priced £50 to have the same type of discount. Obviously they could be priced £60 for a more expensive SC, but still 25-30% discount...

Why do I get the feeling this heralds the end of the age of men in order factions. Aos true identity i think has been revealed a land of aelf and duardin and orruk with no humans in sight except those turned by sigmar or chaos. I think this herald the ends of the cities of sigmar and begins the empires of the aelves. It looks like the last few remaining freeguild kits will be going soon. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 7