The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

I see a lot of people saying X is not beginner friendly or not suited for beginners. 

I have to disagree. Today there is the Internet and YouTube with a huge wealth of information. 

When I was starting, I had white dwarf, store staff members and muddling through myself. 

I believe new hobbiests have it better than ever and anything they aren't sure of is a google search away. 

*Please note, not directed at anyone, just my opinion. 

Just because you can find a guide for something on line, if you know where to look of course, doesnt make something that we should expect beginners to be able to do.

FWIW, the one time tome I tried to remove a base rim like in the picture above I completely broke a pair of clippers 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mojojojo101 said:

Just because you can find a guide for something on line, if you know where to look of course, doesnt make something that we should expect beginners to be able to do.

FWIW, the one time tome I tried to remove a base rim like in the picture above I completely broke a pair of clippers 

True, but I still believe getting into the hobby is easier now than ever. 

Hrothgorn is not a replacement for the Icebrow Hunter unless gw rewrite the Hunters warscroll. The Hunter has a spear/javelin which Hrothgorn does not, and the crossbow in the Hunters warsroll is an optional weapon not included by default (which I also believe the current Hunter model doesn’t actually have)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mojojojo101 said:

Nor should that be required. If you need a youtube deepdive as a beginner just to begin, something is wrong. 

But @Ogregut I would have loved those resourced when i was a kid. Although we did have make your own terrain books. Those were awesome as well. Would love a 2020 version of that. And even Campaign books always had a 'make your own X' section. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Hrothgorn is not a replacement for the Icebrow Hunter unless gw rewrite the Hunters warscroll. The Hunter has a spear/javelin which Hrothgorn does not, and the crossbow in the Hunters warsroll is an optional weapon not included by default (which I also believe the current Hunter model doesn’t actually have)

That's all true, but it's not a big deal really.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Nor should that be required. If you need a youtube deepdive as a beginner just to begin, something is wrong. 

But @Ogregut I would have loved those resourced when i was a kid. Although we did have make your own terrain books. Those were awesome as well. Would love a 2020 version of that. And even Campaign books always had a 'make your own X' section. 

Absolutely, kids today don't know they born with their YouTubing, tweeps and tok tic!!! 😂😂😜

I loved those books! Pringle orc huts, ice lolly stick watch towers and one shade green flock! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Absolutely, kids today don't know they born with their YouTubing, tweeps and tok tic!!! 😂😂😜

I loved those books! Pringle orc huts, ice lolly stick watch towers and one shade green flock! 

Just bought 200 ice sticks for building huts and towers. 
Some kids never grow up. 😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Charleston said:

I always asked myself how to physically achive this

Snip off the edges of the base and then sand down to the thickness you're after 😊  Much easier said than done though - I've done four characters like this over the years and they make a massive amount of mess whilst sanding!  You can just leave it thicker and then apply sand round the edge though if you didn't want to faff too much

• Thanks 1

• Subscriber

Possibility of a further lockdown for the GW HQ and Factory: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/28/nottinghamshire-expected-to-enter-tier-3-covid-restrictions-on-friday

They may have some better procedures in place, with people working from home, but if staff cannot work in the factory it might start impacting production again.

The Tier system confuses me though, so I might be wrong :S

Edited by SunStorm
  • Like 1

Darn it GW you should know you can't name the Dead Play!! It's bad luck

@SunStorm GW's factory and shipping side of business should remain operational provided they are operating covid restrictions (ergo socially distanced working; washing hands; etc...). Basically most of the restrictions hit at social and retail gatherings. Heck even at the highest tier they are keeping schools/universities open. It's not as strict as it was the first time where basically everything that was not essential was shut down. 

I would assume that GW might not feel much of a hit other than having to close Warhammer World. They might have to reduce or change some practices but I believe they are already operating within covid guidelines. 

• Like 1

According to the webstie (https://ageofsigmar.com/broken-realms/) we are getting rules for DoK, Idoneth, Stormcast, Cities of Sigmar and Slaves to Darkness. Very curious to see how this story goes.

Expanding on this, it seems like:

-Rules for Morathi with both forms at the same time.

-Two new CoS with...more focus on old dark elves?

-New batallions for Stormcast

-Batallion and allegiance abilities for StD

-Idoneth Batallion + new warscrolls for allopexes, leviadon and eidolons

Edited by Thaliontil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Thaliontil said:

According to the webstie (https://ageofsigmar.com/broken-realms/) we are getting rules for DoK, Idoneth, Stormcast, Cities of Sigmar and Slaves to Darkness. Very curious to see how this story goes.

4/5 armies are order?! That seems very, very odd. Mind you I'm still sour about how Petrifex were treated so hey ho.

You can use both versions of Morathi at the same time FTW!

Edited by El Syf

Just now, KingBrodd said:

This makes me think we may have 4 or 5 books if that many Factions are in each!! ****** this is so exciting think of the possibilities for the Realms!! What news minis will each Faction be getting? Could we see new COS?

Likely just the characters in the DoK/Slaanesh box. I think we’d have seen something if much more was coming. 

9 minutes ago, El Syf said:

4/5 armies are order?! That seems very, very odd. Mind you I'm still sour about how Petrifex were treated so hey ho.

Maybe because first trailer of that book has shown that some kind of civil war is brewing...?

@KingBrodd Unfortunately we're rather going to see box sets with battallion's units. That's what the site implies...

Edited by michu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

This makes me think we may have 4 or 5 books if that many Factions are in each!! ****** this is so exciting think of the possibilities for the Realms!! What news minis will each Faction be getting? Could we see new COS?

I doubt it. This is like the pa books for 40k at most we might get a new hero model every book but at this point even that seems unlikely surely they would have teased a new model by now

From the website: 

DoK are getting the Zainthar Kai Temple which has battalions and two warscrolls that let you use both versions of Morathi on the tabletop at the same time

Cities of Sigmar includes rules for the cities of Misthavn and Har Kuron as well as a warscroll battalion for the sorceress Drusa Kraeth and her chosen warriors

Stormcast get five new warscroll battalions representing the Wardens of the Stormkeep, Stormtower Garrison, Stormkeep Patrol, Stormkeep Brotherhood and Ven Brecht's Black Watch, alongside three sets of allegiance abilities.

Slaves to Darkness gets a new warlord - Rokar Gresh, ruler of a warband called the Crimson Bretheren which include his warscroll battalion, Gresh's Iron Reapers as well as four new sets of allegiance abilities.

Idoneth Deepkin get a warscroll battalion for The Bloodsurf Hunt, Nemmetar's royal guardians also includes four warscrolls, Akhelian Allopexes, Akhelian Leviadon, and both Eidolons of Mathlaan - alongside mount traits for Deepmares and Leviadons

So primarily new/updated rules with an occasional new model.

Edited by BaylorCorvette
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

I doubt it. This is like the pa books for 40k at most we might get a new hero model every book but at this point even that seems unlikely surely they would have teased a new model by now

But we are getting 2 new heroes with that book in the Shadow and Pain boxset?