The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, novakai said:

it really depends on how many BR books there are going to be and how many armies are going to be feature in each of them. hopefully they may encompass every army currently in AoS but who knows

heck we know so little about Broken realm: Morathi in general outside of maybe having stuff for DoK, we not even sure if there stuff  for IDK or Slaanesh at this point.

though if they are going by out of date armies first i think the next one maybe Nurgle vs LoN but that my guess.

I'd love for LON to get some love or the tease of Soulblight, nothing makes me happier than everyone getting their just desserts.

21 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

All the armies will be represented, we must don't forget that Lumineth and Sons were prepared to be released in April.

Very good point mate.

17 minutes ago, Grim Beasties said:

Found something interesting, the Mega Gargant kit comes with an arrow exactly like the Direchasm Slaanesh Archer. Looks like Slaanesh archers are a likely to be a unit.

Screenshot_20201026-155646.png

PXL_20201026_152353688~2.jpg

Mate you have the eyes of an eagle!! I thought the arrow a unique design choice but never would have thought it to be attached to a potential as of yet seen unit.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Charleston said:

Any Rumours about Christmas Army Boxes? I´ve read speculations on Mawtribes, OBR, SCE and something else but nothing reliable. At what time did we got the informations last year?

22 minutes ago, Overread said:

@Charleston no rumours yet. It's all just wishlisting right now. Chances are we'll hear something in November or early December about them and what's happening over Christmas. 

if i recall correctly last year the battleforce box where release the weekend before Black Friday (not sure if UK has anything like that), that usually the ideal time in retail to release those holiday items. that probably the timeline GW would like to release them  though because of COVID it up in the air.

• Thanks 1

We "Sort of" get Black Friday in that a few of the bigger international stores are slowly pushing it as another sales day and its creeping in here and there. But its nothing like the US version. It's also a much more recent thing for those those which are doing it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ogregut said:

My nephew wants lego for Xmas, I'll rather he was into GW stuff as the price of licenced lego makes GW look reasonable!! 

Legos are a solid investment better than gold although ;) while it’s true some Warhammer miniatures used can sell at a higher price inflation included to what paid, a good condition retired Lego set can sell up to 5 times its original value... just saying... not gonna sell my Nighthaunt army 5 times the price I bought it lol can’t even sell my extra Glaivewraith at 50% discount!!!

11 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Legos are a solid investment better than gold although ;) while it’s true some Warhammer miniatures used can sell at a higher price inflation included to what paid, a good condition retired Lego set can sell up to 5 times its original value... just saying... not gonna sell my Nighthaunt army 5 times the price I bought it lol can’t even sell my extra Glaivewraith at 50% discount!!!

Oh I know but I doubt my 8yo nephew would be impressed if I gave him a set and told him not to open it and keep it safe for a few years! 😂😂

Hell, I don't think I'll be able to stop from opening it either. Toys are meant to be played with, makes my heart ache when I see people with huge collections of unopened GW box sets, so many armies not being painted! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arzalyn said:

October 30 (https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/30/gifts-for-good-grotsgw-homepage-post-1/)
I wouldn't be surprised if this year's appear on the community page this week or the next one...

I think the boxes were leaked last year iirc... pretty sure the couple of years before that they were announced the middle of November kind of time.  Would be nice to see them previewed in the next couple of weeks but I wouldnt assume they will.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Athrawes said:

That's my hope.

Start collecting boxes were never advertised as being equivalent in game, just equal in value of kits/discount. But the Combat patrol boxes are expressly designed as 25 power level, or 500 point forces, so equivalent in points and monetary value. In terms of actual balance they are still likely to be all over the place (not all 500 point armies are created equal) but at least in terms of current points balance they should be on track. 

If they do go this route I'm curious how they create value for the more elite teams and still stick under 500 points. Teams like stormcast and ogres would have to reduce how much is in the starter box for an additional £25 cost to stay under 500 points. 

I tried working out the most expensive team I can (in £) and it came to about £120 but is completely awful (LA on tauralon, 5 liberators, 5 prosecutors, 4 aetherwings) and multiple models already exist in cheaper forms then the GW box prices. 

I like the idea of 500 point starter sets just not sure how it works for some teams outside of releasing new kits with inflated prices to go in the box

Edited by Mattrulesok

43 minutes ago, Mattrulesok said:

If they do go this route I'm curious how they create value for the more elite teams and still stick under 500 points. Teams like stormcast and ogres would have to reduce how much is in the starter box for an additional £25 cost to stay under 500 points. 

I tried working out the most expensive team I can (in £) and it came to about £120 but is completely awful (LA on tauralon, 5 liberators, 5 prosecutors, 4 aetherwings) and multiple models already exist in cheaper forms then the GW box prices. 

I like the idea of 500 point starter sets just not sure how it works for some teams outside of releasing new kits with inflated prices to go in the box

Ogors:

6 gluttons. 20 gnoblars, tyrant = 500 points & 95 euro

hunter, 4 mournfang. = 400 points & €87,5, so probably toss in some cats? But that would make it €102

stormcast:

Lord aquilor, 3 vanguard Raptors, 3 aether wings, 5 Vanguard Raptors = 480 & 90 € if they can manage to split the box but I don’t know how those sprues are build. I know you get five in the start collecting already with all option, so it is possible. 

knight incantor/lord ordinator , 10 sequitors, ballista = 490 & 95€ 

Couldn’t think of a cool warrior chamber one though. Without being very expensive or missing battleline. 

Edited by Kramer

6 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Ogors:

6 gluttons. 20 gnoblars, tyrant = 500 points & 95 euro

hunter, 4 mournfang. = 400 points & €87,5, so probably toss in some cats? But that would make it €102

stormcast:

Lord aquilor, 3 vanguard Raptors, 3 aether wings, 5 Vanguard Raptors = 480 & 90 € if they can manage to split the box but I don’t know how those sprues are build. I know you get five in the start collecting already with all option, so it is possible. 

knight incantor/lord ordinator , 10 sequitors, ballista = 490 & 95€ 

Couldn’t think of a cool warrior chamber one though. Without being very expensive or missing battleline. 

Oh I think you missed what I was saying, it's easy enough to create teams under 500 points, I almost posted the exact same sacrosanct list as an example of what an actual themed box would look like and cost. The problem is the current ogors start collecting box costs £55/€70 and the SCE box is the same. The BCR box contains £75/105€ of models while the SCE box is harder to judge as they have monopose models not available outside of the box. 

With these armies you would get less in the box with a 500point cap for an additional £30 cost. 

Of course this may be why they don't  have points caps on starter boxes in the first place

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattrulesok said:

Oh I think you missed what I was saying, it's easy enough to create teams under 500 points, I almost posted the exact same sacrosanct list as an example of what an actual themed box would look like and cost. The problem is the current ogors start collecting box costs £55/€70 and the SCE box is the same. The BCR box contains £75/105€ of models while the SCE box is harder to judge as they have monopose models not available outside of the box. 

With these armies you would get less in the box with a 500point cap for an additional £30 cost. 

Of course this may be why they don't  have points caps on starter boxes in the first place

Oh sorry. Yeah definitely it will be a ‘worse’ deal. But apparently the boxes in 40k didn’t serve their purpose to GW, and the old SC didn’t have a big enough margin. 
to me this is seems just reinventing the SC so that a price hike isn’t just that but looks a bit more. 

15 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Ooooo, we're getting broken realms short stories every 2 weeks like malign sorcery and forbidden power. 

I really enjoyed those and look forward to these. 

Does it say when they will start ? Thanks !

I liked very much both malign portents and forbidden power short stories

13 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Oh I know but I doubt my 8yo nephew would be impressed if I gave him a set and told him not to open it and keep it safe for a few years! 😂😂

Hell, I don't think I'll be able to stop from opening it either. Toys are meant to be played with, makes my heart ache when I see people with huge collections of unopened GW box sets, so many armies not being painted! 

Totally agree :) and I have my shame of unopened GW boxes! Ah the good times when we could afford hoarding... Now I have to be more considerate in my decisions. Anyway, as long as you tell your nephew to not lose any piece, you keep the box and instructions safe, you are good for when he becomes 18 and can sell it at least at double the price (depending on what it is).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cyrus said:

Does it say when they will start ? Thanks !

I liked very much both malign portents and forbidden power short stories

No, just soon. My guess is we'll get one this week and the 2nd one in 2 weeks time before the morathi book goes on pre order. 

10 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Totally agree :) and I have my shame of unopened GW boxes! Ah the good times when we could afford hoarding... Now I have to be more considerate in my decisions. Anyway, as long as you tell your nephew to not lose any piece, you keep the box and instructions safe, you are good for when he becomes 18 and can sell it at least at double the price (depending on what it is).

It's avenger stuff he wants, I doubt it will be worth much in the long run. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

After the Meta watch article, expect the grand reveal of a KO, Tzeentch and Fyreslayers christmax boxes this year, what a coincidence!

Hope you are right. Last KOs Battleforce disappeared in a matter of weeks even when nobody played them.

Edited by Beliman