The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Gotz said:

I think everything is fairly set up until the end of the year, so I wouldn't expect another preview until New Years Open Day.

i think there going to be at least one more this year to replace the big Blood and Glory preview

the last one was a replacement for Spiel show

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Lol, the new Warcry box costs 180€. Just lok., they‘ve lost their minds

160, still expensive though.  But you seem to really appreciate complaining about GW prices around here, so I won't take that away from you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ghark said:

160, still expensive though.  But you seem to really appreciate complaining about GW prices around here, so I won't take that away from you.

Good point. Everybody needs a hobby, that’s his. And I’d hate to say anything meant to hamper his enjoyment of his chosen hobby.

• Haha 1

I can't help but feel that Catacombs should be an expansion pack. $237USD for something that most Warcry gamers already own a large chunk of makes it very off-putting for existing players, and at that price is hard to call it a starter set.

Fingers crossed that the warbands, new dungeon accessories ("scenery" that you can't really use in any other setting), and Catacombs book will be available on their own in a few months. I'll maybe pick up the board pack in the mean time. Maybe not. $55 is right on the edge. Likely I'll just skip it entirely and just pick up the Scions for regular Warcry games far down the road. Bummer, really. Was very much looking forward to this.

Pre-covid I might have seen it on display in a store and been pulled into an impulse buy. Now, with the risks and lockdowns (yeah, I know, America ...), I won't have that exposure, so I'll wait.

Very interested to read about others peoples' experiences, though!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I can't help but feel that Catacombs should be an expansion pack. $237USD for something that most Warcry gamers already own a large chunk of makes it very off-putting for existing players, and at that price is hard to call it a starter set.

Fingers crossed that the warbands, new dungeon accessories ("scenery" that you can't really use in any other setting), and Catacombs book will be available on their own in a few months. I'll maybe pick up the board pack in the mean time. Maybe not. $55 is right on the edge. Likely I'll just skip it entirely and just pick up the Scions for regular Warcry games far down the road. Bummer, really. Was very much looking forward to this.

Pre-covid I might have seen it on display in a store and been pulled into an impulse buy. Now, with the risks and lockdowns (yeah, I know, America ...), I won't have that exposure, so I'll wait.

Very interested to read about others peoples' experiences, though!

its 210 USD, 237 is the set with the novel included.

it sucks that it both more expensive and some what less content then the previous starter set, 

it also not helping that the new warband boxes are $10 more then the previous ones

At $350 AUD, this Catacombs set is eye wateringly expensive here in Australia. Compare the model count and value with the Soulwars box set and this set doesn’t come off too favourably.

The terrain looks okay but some of it looks a bit goofy so I don’t think that will be a huge draw card. I definitely think that some will get $350+ worth of fun out of it but the price point won’t do its popularity any favours.

55 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

At $350 AUD, this Catacombs set is eye wateringly expensive here in Australia. Compare the model count and value with the Soulwars box set and this set doesn’t come off too favourably.

The terrain looks okay but some of it looks a bit goofy so I don’t think that will be a huge draw card. I definitely think that some will get $350+ worth of fun out of it but the price point won’t do its popularity any favours.

I just saw the price, even purchasing from Independants its looking to cost about $280. I'm moving back home just before it launches so I'll miss the £90ish price I'd get it for in the UK and would have to settle for roughly £155., ouch. My wife really wanted us to get into warcry but this has basically ended that dream.

13 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

For those in the uk regarding prices there are plenty of places that offer decent discounts Might help with the GW price sting 

That’s what I keep telling myself as well... and then I realise that the discount would also be on a more reasonably priced box 😂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Greybeard86 said:

I wish they would integrate the warbands better into AoS, since I hear every season they are retired? I loved the wild hunt sculpts!

Nope the warbands remain part of AoS. Though some of the earlier ones were a bit fiddly to use in that you end up with 5 or so characters to control; some like the new DoK band you have one leader and then a simpler guard of the rest of the characters, which makes them more practical to control in AoS games. 

The retirement is more related to cards per edition of Underworlds itself (a bit of a fussy area because GW doesn't make the cards universally accessible and many unique ones are sold in unit packs rather than generic packs so its a bit of a mess - a bit like more cards for GW games ;P) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Overread said:

Nope the warbands remain part of AoS. Though some of the earlier ones were a bit fiddly to use in that you end up with 5 or so characters to control; some like the new DoK band you have one leader and then a simpler guard of the rest of the characters, which makes them more practical to control in AoS games. 

The retirement is more related to cards per edition of Underworlds itself (a bit of a fussy area because GW doesn't make the cards universally accessible and many unique ones are sold in unit packs rather than generic packs so its a bit of a mess - a bit like more cards for GW games ;P) 

I know, I meant rules wise. I do think some of the sculpts are "magical" :D

Price discussion aside what stings me is that the Catacombs expansion book is not available outside of the box yet. When they launched the last starter set the core book was available separately. So as it stands I cannot play “dungeon rules” unless I read the transcribed rules online when they will be available or buy this box...

Let’s hope in Broken Realms and see what the future is for the main game 

• Like 2