The Rumour Thread

The sail/wing seems a little out of focus, like the skull and chain is suspended a bit in front of them. The struts do look like bone but with the metal rings it still looks a bit constructed. The point about the metal cap on the skull looking a little chaotic is well made.

I don't think it's the wing of anything organic. I could see it being terrain. Not the right scale for anything close to Dreadfleet or similar, even if we out aside GW's likely antipathy to that sort of thing after it flopped.

On 10/19/2020 at 7:18 AM, Overread said:

Somewhat disapointed in the high price they are going for the Warcry boxed set. Though it speaks to me that its a set they hope to sell to existing customers rather than to new customers.

I'm not sure I agree that it's targeting existing players. I'm one, and at around $200 USD I'm almost certainly going to pass. It's not because of the actual price, but rather what I get as an owner of the first version (2 copies, but even just 1 makes me think this).

This new version appears to have the original rule book, the same tokens and half of the original terrain set (of which, like I said, I have 2 sets).

So, what's being "added" to my experience is two warbands, rules for indoor fights,  and some indoor terrain (not exactly useful for regular AoS).

Is that worth $200 to me as an existing players. Maybe only just, but not really. 

I'm guessing, too, that with the catacombs rules being all in their own separate book, GW is planning to sell that book on its own once this print run off the starter sells out. As an existing Warcry customer, that's really the biggest thing I need from this set, so I'm inclined to wait.

Edited by Sleboda

29 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I'm already planning on buying Mantic's Man o' War attempt, Armada.  If GW beats them to it with a proper MoW remake, I'll skip Armada instantly. MoW was one my my all-time faves.

First thought: YAY!!!!

Second thought: Omg, Man o War Basic would be 250+€ today... 350+ if I want to play a fleet I like...

Sad times, those.

14 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Warcry book leaks are about! Looks like new fighters and leaders for every faction. Notables include Sylvaneth Arch-Revenant, Akhelian King for IDK, LoN gets a bunch of stuff, etc. Practically the whole army ranges are in these warbands now

Have any AoS rules for the new warbands been leaked?

14 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Warcry book leaks are about! Looks like new fighters and leaders for every faction. Notables include Sylvaneth Arch-Revenant, Akhelian King for IDK, LoN gets a bunch of stuff, etc. Practically the whole army ranges are in these warbands now

Have they changed the profile of fighters from the current range  ? I have to ask because I have bought a lot of  cards 😅

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, plavski said:

RumourEngine130 Oct20 Content3a

The skull looks interesting. Does not really look like a human skull, the brow is very low and stocky, might be a duardin skull... or just a funny design who knows. The scale also looks like it is rather large whatever it is, the texture looks organic though and not like a sail and much more like wing membranes.

8 minutes ago, Bayul said:

I would be surprised if it isn't. We already have a precursor model with those wings and chains. It doesn't need an update though. 

the texture and structure seems very different from a "living" wing (as Be'lakor's), so I would lean more in favour of a anner/ ship's sail or something like that