The Rumour Thread

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I absolutely love this community, the people here are the friendliest I've ever known in this hobby and are a joy to be amongst!! 

Very true this forum is by far the most open and community oriented warhammer group I have seen online. As a matter of fact, it is probably one of the best online communities I have encountered period. 

• Like 19

6 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Congrats! Will it be painted by Christmas? 😂

Haha here's hoping!!

2 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Very true this forum is by far the most open and community oriented warhammer group I have seen online. As a matter of fact, it is probably one of the best online communities I have encountered period. 

Absolutely mate!!

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Congrats! Now pull your pants back up, unstick those pages and start sniffing glue while building! 

Yes sir!!

47 minutes ago, novakai said:

the preview didn't really have anything related to the Hammerhal herald with the  Vampire.

so either it was just a random post and a nothing burger or still a tease for something further down the line

I hope we can see the vampires on the next preview. It is tomorrow or in Halloween?

Vampires for Halloween can be amazing...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boytoy said:

really hoping we get a slaanesh morals box when their book drops in the next edition

I really hope so too, but I wouldn't get too excited right now. Last time I saw something really cool like this it was the dark oath warband for shadespire and they still haven't seen anything close to a proper release.

Edited by Grimrock

38 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

Could be, but a bit hard to say how. Doesn’t look part of one of the temples, and Vanari probably don’t have greatswords. Maybe the Tyrionic side has a heavy infantry or something.

Or it’s just model because they know many people wanted a new Swordmaster model. 

SO now that we have a full picture, this is definitely an echo of the sword masters, the rune on her back banner is the rune of Tavlu, the Tower of Hoeth, mark of Wisdom. I know some thought it was Avalu, rune of Vaul, but this is the rune of the Tower of Hoeth. Very cool.

No one could know if this foreshadows a new unit of swordmasters down the line, but something to keep in mind, The tower of Hoeth was described as being not just a place of learning, but a vault of knowledge designed to survive even the destruction of the word and be the legacy of the aelves. In multiple places throughout the old world lore the Tower was described as being so well magically protected that it could survive the destruction of the world, that its purpose was specifially to outlast the Aelves. Could be cool if the tower did survive and is somewhere in the mortal Realms.

ASxV2YFCl3DqbVLF.png

078416b14c2c0293a1633e77f711331e.png

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

Those new Slaanesh models are exquisite. So many good details, from the scarification and mismatched boots of the champion to the eerie little masks of the grunts. The peacock feather-fletched arrows. The matching shoulderpads. The matching discs with their god's emblem on the right of their chest, classic Slaaneshi asymmetry. The similarities between the champion's spear and the grunt's glaive, with their ridged concave spear-butts and corkscrew hafts. The teeth on the bottom of the champion's shield matching the teeth on the bottom of his armour.

The Lumineth by comparison are just ok. I like base scenery in general and don't put much credit in the idea that they pin down the model to specific battlefield positions or whatever but having them all stand on their own individual sets of rocks with individual bonsai trees... eh.

The mage is cool, I like his mildly silly esoteric stance even if his facial expression is odd and vacant. The stoneguard looks appropriately stoic and has a good variation on the poses you get with the regular AoS models. The archer's pose is weird, like she's standing on her tiptoes atop the rocks. Doesn't really work. Either something bracing after the shot, something solid, or a Namarti-style running and jumping pose would be better. The swordswoman isn't great.  No flow to the stance, just sort of staring into space, chunky details on the banner and bannerpole. They're a mixed bag.

Ruleswise... The Slaanesh crew look strong. Damn.

• Like 2

What are people’s thoughts on the Warcry books?

seems a bit harsh to charge a book per GA. Although it would be a nice pick up for new players like me. 

although it also would mean 3 GA books, time of champions, and core book if I want to be able to play my aos armies. That’s a bit much. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Where did you see the rules for them? 

You can make out their general stats (move, defense, health) and arguably their attack stats from the picture of the game in process. I certainly don't have the eye-sight or magnification programs to make out their special rules/inspiration trigger though.

That Slaanesh Warband is absolutely magnificent. Hands down my favorite warband that has been sculpted for this game. The details and aesthetic are right on point. The Lumineth are nice too, but don't hold a candle to the Slaanesh band (ha......ha).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Where did you see the rules for them? 

Just from glimpses of the fighter cards in the video. The champion and slaangor get the choice of healing or taking damage each attack action. The former is solid and the latter is apparently tied to their inspire conditions. Decent stats too.

The Lumineth seem to have some sort of aetherquartz tokens mechanic tied to the mage that gives them rerolls.

I'm a little concerned about these new Primacy and Hunger mechanics being added. The Hunter/Quarry stuff is obviously staying and clearly they needed to justify adding something new for a new season but could wind up as a bit of cruft. Extra rules for extra rules' sake, maybe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

Just from glimpses of the fighter cards in the video. The champion and slaangor get the choice of healing or taking damage each attack action. The former is solid and the latter is apparently tied to their inspire conditions. Decent stats too.

The Lumineth seem to have some sort of aetherquartz tokens mechanic tied to the mage that gives them rerolls.

I'm a little concerned about these new Primacy and Hunger mechanics being added. The Hunter/Quarry stuff is obviously staying and clearly they needed to justify adding something new for a new season but could wind up as a bit of cruft. Extra rules for extra rules' sake, maybe.

Awesome, I'll have to watch the video more closely!

I'm also a bit concerned about Primacy/Hunger. I figure if they keep adding a new mechanic each season the game will become incredibly bloated. I suppose if each mechanic is exclusive to each season it wouldn't be so bad.......though for people that play casual like me, that would certainly be a lot to keep tabs on.

13 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

Awesome, I'll have to watch the video more closely!

I'm also a bit concerned about Primacy/Hunger. I figure if they keep adding a new mechanic each season the game will become incredibly bloated. I suppose if each mechanic is exclusive to each season it wouldn't be so bad.......though for people that play casual like me, that would certainly be a lot to keep tabs on.

Turning it down to 0.25 speed helped! And yeah. I can see the rationale for leaving it to specific seasons, at least for these bits that are so closely tied to Ghur and the Beastgrave. Either way it does raise questions about the season model for WHU.

• Like 1

Bloodbowl looks like a good set. Nice models, a few great ones. 

Oh hey 18 more books yay

GW still very much going with the "if you cant make simple elegant rules may as well add even more guff to the mix" approach 

First Shadespire models I've seen, (Beastman/woman aside, he/she's awesome) that I'm not too struck by. They're pretty static and they don't communicate much to me really, narrativley speaking. Pretty much all the warbands up to now have a definite vibe or sense as a collective that these guys are lacking somehow. They're just like...a group of dudes  

The guys working on those animations are really taking their time huh

Edited by Nos

1 hour ago, Kramer said:

What are people’s thoughts on the Warcry books?

seems a bit harsh to charge a book per GA. Although it would be a nice pick up for new players like me. 

although it also would mean 3 GA books, time of champions, and core book if I want to be able to play my aos armies. That’s a bit much. 

For me, it killed interest in Warcry. Fits the GW rules scheme though.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Athrawes said:

SO now that we have a full picture, this is definitely an echo of the sword masters, the rune on her back banner is the rune of Tavlu, the Tower of Hoeth, mark of Wisdom. I know some thought it was Avalu, rune of Vaul, but this is the rune of the Tower of Hoeth. Very cool.

No one could know if this foreshadows a new unit of swordmasters down the line, but something to keep in mind, The tower of Hoeth was described as being not just a place of learning, but a vault of knowledge designed to survive even the destruction of the word and be the legacy of the aelves. In multiple places throughout the old world lore the Tower was described as being so well magically protected that it could survive the destruction of the world, that its purpose was specifially to outlast the Aelves. Could be cool if the tower did survive and is somewhere in the mortal Realms

I like this train of thoughts. Would be nice to see the white tower survive. Although it may be just a mention in the background. The tower imagery is very obvious on this model though.

I'm hoping the head is a separate piece, so a head swap is easy (allthough I'll just as easily cut it).

The Slaanesh warband is fan-tas-tic! straight up my ally

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

ITS HERE!!!!!

20201017_151547.jpg

Happy Sons of Behemat Day your highness!.....I'm still waiting on my stuff and it looks like I ain't getting it today. (I wanted it built for sunday as I have a battle against fyreslayers tomorrow with my ironjawz and wanted to ally him in my list to squash them.....just have to do it the old fashioned way WAAAGH!)

Edited by Gutlord
  • LOVE IT! 1

26 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Happy Giant Day! Enjoy your lore and monstrous new friend!

Thanks mate!!

20 minutes ago, Gutlord said:

Happy Sons of Behemat Day your highness!.....I'm still waiting on my stuff and it looks like I ain't getting it today. (I wanted it built for sunday as I have a battle against fyreslayers tomorrow with my ironjawz and wanted to ally him in my list to squash them.....just have to do it the old fashioned way WAAAGH!)

I hope he arrives bright and early with perhaps enough time for assembly!! Cheers mate I'm over Da Bad Moon!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

@Neverchosen & @KingBrodd

You guys are too cool, the positive vibes you spread always brings a smile to my face.

Keep doing what you do😎🔥

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

For me, it killed interest in Warcry. Fits the GW rules scheme though.

Sad but reasonable. If the new books have a ton of new content, then maybe this is a good thing, but otherwise I can't see how doing it this way makes the game better. I imagine you won't need the ToC since the info will be chopped up into the relevant GA books, but it's still heartbreaking for anyone who got into Warcry to have something thats simpler than AOS.

Would also be absolutely gutting if 4 months down the road they just release another Tome of Champions (like they said they would last year) that just has all the GA stuff in it.

• Thanks 2