The Rumour Thread

On 10/16/2020 at 3:18 AM, HollowHills said:

40k rumour alert. 

9th ed will bring a new xenos race with a battletome in January. Not long to wait to see if it's true.

I know not AoS related, but since you brought it up. One thing that caught my eye in the 9th rulebook is the Warzone's sections in the lore part of the book that describe major ongoing conflicts, and they're all wars that have been explored in expansions or what have you (Warzone Viligus, Pariah, Armageddon for example). Anyway, they list the factions involved in those wars at the same time, and its basically just all the playable factions. What's interesting is what I think is a new warzone. Warzone Laevinir on page 162 which lists some new xenos names as a main force in the conflict, and more prominently, the Hrud. Apparently a combined Aeldari army of Craftworlders, Harlequins, and Ynnari are engaging the Tyranids because they're attacking the Hrud (or "Those Who Avoid the Crone" as the Eldar call them). The Eldar are afraid the Tyranids will absorb the Hrud's entropy powers.

Just thought I'd mention it as that's a new warzone and the only instance where a faction that isn't currently playable is mentioned as a main force in the conflict.

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, FFJump said:

I know not AoS related, but since you brought it up. One thing that caught my eye in the 9th rulebook is the Warzone's sections in the lore part of the book that describe major ongoing conflicts, and they're all wars that have been explored in expansions or what have you (Warzone Viligus, Pariah, Armageddon for example). Anyway, they list the factions involved in those wars at the same time, and its basically just all the playable factions. What's interesting is what I think is a new warzone. Warzone Laevinir on page 162 which lists some new xenos names as a main force in the conflict, and more prominently, the Hrud. Apparently a combined Aeldari army of Craftworlders, Harlequins, and Ynnari are engaging the Tyranids because they're attacking the Hrud (or "Those Who Avoid the Crone" as the Eldar call them). The Eldar are afraid the Tyranids will absorb the Hrud's entropy powers.

Just thought I'd mention it as that's a new warzone and the only instance where a faction that isn't currently playable is mentioned as a main force in the conflict.

At the risk of getting more off topic this matches with what I heard. That the new xenos race would have a connection with the eldar and be focused on trying to stop the tyranids.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

I think the issue with squats is their thing was mostly big vehicles and heavy armour; so basically they do what Terminators and Imperial Guard armour groups do - so I think there's just a design gap in that they don't really bring anything "new" to the table as such. Which I think has been an issue for GW in working out what to do with them that isn't already done by an Imperial army of some kind already. Marines/Imperials just half-size isn't enough. 

As for Khadorans if you look back at artwork, lore and at the game Man O War you can see that dwarves had most of those technologies. The only bit that's different is they use those magic orbs of flying instead of huge zeppelin bags because those would be prohibitively big and expensive to use. Otherwise metal beard and face shields; guns; airships; hove packs; thick armoured ships and all are very dwarfy. The dwarves of Old World we saw had fallen from their great technological might after the War of the Beard with the Elves (which also caused them to crumble). And the Smiths Guild was very set in their ways and not wanting to show off their tech or risk it falling into the hands of other races. So when their race was weaker they made the choice more to hide in holds and not advance their tech; restricting and holding it back. They didn't want these fast breeding humans or orks to get a hold of how to build airships

To me when I first saw the Kharadrons I was bewildered - not what I was expecting - but totally love them and I really hope they expand their culture and model range further. Their weapons are very WFB/AoS, not grim dark enough for 40k - but they show that GW can do something new and fresh with the Dwarf aesthetic -which id like to see more of both for AoS and 40k. I think they could take a brand new approach to Squats in 40k as they have been away so long- and they clearly have ideas of how to translate ideas around dwarfs into different contexts and cultures. 

Hoping some dwarfs in todays preview [vain attempt to stay on topic..😇]

• Like 2

Also in addition to the boxed set with two full teams (includes the heavies and star players); there's also a new issue of SPIKE (11) and two books which appear to combine stories from the legacy of Bloodbowl into single pubilcations with Death on the Pitch and the Blood Bowl Omnibus - the latter contains Blood Bowl, Dead Ball, Death Match, Rumble in the Jungle - which is basically the "Black Library ebook bundle" for Bloodbowl. 

Release in November!

ALSO the Twitch just revealed that the two teams are pre-coloured plastic. All the teams are also in the book (Lizardmen also confirmed in the core book) from the main game with full stats and everything. 

Photos from the community page 

uvKLxO8dQLmy3WW7.jpg

The two new Refs

A show of the full box contents

0fM8tBkbZjCbIxE4.jpg

3 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Citys of Sigmar, Realmlords, and Ogres Warbands confirmed

Is it? Can’t say for CoS but Nighthaunt and many others looked like just old models 

FEC seemed a new model but it was too fast.

The new Slangor is amazing, I kinda wish there was a full unit 

Edited by alghero81

Just now, alghero81 said:

Is it? Can’t say for CoS but Nighthaunt and many others looked like just old models 

By warbands he means that there's rules to use them in the game, not that there's new models for them. The only regular army getting new models is Daughters of Khaine right now. 

Just now, King Under the Mountain said:

Whoops, not caught up on the last few White Dwarf's. 

It is nice to not rely on White Dwarf magazines for once, that is true also for the Fyreslayers. Although they would be the only one without cards.

Let’s hope they proof read them before publishing, there were quite few errors in both cards and Tome of Champions 2019

i feel like the beastgrave team have hard time getting humanoid proportion right, like their head are slightly too big on a bit of a lanky body

the lumineath along with the DoK and FEC warband have this kind of problem

the Slaanesh one ended up ok though

Edited by novakai

Just now, Boytoy said:

really hoping we get a slaanesh morals box when their book drops in the next edition

I think they are setting themselves up for it - Warband and the new mortal leader certainly suggests that Mortals are very much in development. The real question is if they release them in one bulk release or they could tease them out one or two new units at a time now and then.