The Rumour Thread

I think it's a credible rumour in concept even if it turns out not to be true. Sigmar has been very successful in the last few years by releasing completely new armies. I'm sure there must be a desire to do that within 40k too. Xenos are the easiest to add a totally new army to without disrupting existing lore. You can easily have some strange new force awaken on dead planets or arrive from outside the galaxy ala tyranids. 

Anyway what are the odds of something new being shown tomorrow for aos or related games? If its only the full reveal of the Underworlds starter set I will be disappointed. Maybe a preview of the first two warbands and the next two for warcry also?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

i believe the codex coming in January was already confirm to be an existing xeno army with the other one being Dark angels, so the Rumor already is sketchy or many people  jump the gun with out going through things already been stated.

Both of them are listed as being redacted, I dunno if some people have already figured them out but the they look sorta interesting.

4 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

Hasn't every single teaser been for the Direchasm starter that we already saw the box of so we know what's inside?
Not the most riveting teaser week by GW...

Yeah... With maybe the exception of a Blood Bowl guy, who was already teased online around here. 

But if you look at the Direchasm box art already previewed you can guess every models teased this week.

I’m really looking forward to the new underworlds warbands so I don’t really care if that is all they reveal. 
Do warbands that are part of a starter set get released  Separately too? I use no intention to get the game but I want both the Lumineth and Slaanesh warband. Or are te starter boxes priced so that I’m easier of just buying the box? 

1 minute ago, elfhead said:

I’m really looking forward to the new underworlds warbands so I don’t really care if that is all they reveal. 
Do warbands that are part of a starter set get released  Separately too? I use no intention to get the game but I want both the Lumineth and Slaanesh warband. Or are te starter boxes priced so that I’m easier of just buying the box? 

yes but it usually happens at the end of the season when they discontinue the older starter set box for the next season box.

10 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

It's the Kharadron Squats!

Be still my beating heart! The Kharadron really made me realise how good redone Squats would be and I'd be all over them like a rash.. BUT im not holding my breath.. 

Hoping for glimpses of upcoming war bands for Warcry and Underworlds tomorrow .. hopefully one of which will be dwarfs.. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Be still my beating heart! The Kharadron really made me realise how good redone Squats would be and I'd be all over them like a rash.. BUT im not holding my breath.. 

Hoping for glimpses of upcoming war bands for Warcry and Underworlds tomorrow .. hopefully one of which will be dwarfs.. 

I am convinced the Kharadron were originally meant for 40k, but when AoS needed a new army, they put it there. Which doesn't matter, they fit nicely between Mechanicus and Gyrocopters in tech level.

Naw Kharadron are very fantasy; just a more steam punk style than Old World went for. Heck they actually fit into the Old World lore, just from Dwarfs from before the War of the Beard. 

As for 40K dwarves they renamed the Squats into the Demiurge, but after Squats they never found anyone to carry the torch and do them for 40K. So they slipped into the background and were mostly abandoned. They do appear in Battlefleet Gothic as allies of the Tau, but that's it right now. Personally I'd rather see them do Exodites instead of a remake of Squats - heck right now Squats are more popular for being a meme of dead factions than anything else

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Overread said:

Naw Kharadron are very fantasy; just a more steam punk style than Old World went for. Heck they actually fit into the Old World lore, just from Dwarfs from before the War of the Beard. 

for 40K dwarves they renamed the Squats into the Demiurge, but after Squats they never found anyone to carry the torch and do them for 40K. So they slipped into the background and were mostly abandoned. They do appear in Battlefleet Gothic as allies of the Tau, but that's it right now. Personally I'd rather see them do Exodites instead of a remake of Squats - heck right now Squats are more popular for being a meme of dead factions than anything else

I find Mechanicus with their jezails and particular brand of mechanisation also quite fantasy (for Skitarii at least). Not that far off Kharadron.

Their superfluous word is "Overlord", which is the name of the armoured zeppelin the Squats had. I think the similarities speak for themself.

Squats now reexist in Necromunda, GW introduced two of them last year, and Tech Priest Grombrindel also exist.

Just in 2019, GW axed more sets for AoS than the Squats ever had. AoS would fit better as a term of being removed than being squatted.

For me, I don't care about 40k, though I will get a box of Skitarii rangers. If they do some Kharadron stuff, I might like it, but possibly it's just not worth the hassle.

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I am convinced the Kharadron were originally meant for 40k, but when AoS needed a new army, they put it there. Which doesn't matter, they fit nicely between Mechanicus and Gyrocopters in tech level.

i can see them taking inspiration from Squats but i don't think they where every meant for 40K, i think they just took the old dwarf lines and just imagine them as the technological race they could have been in the old world if they weren't for there stubbornness to advance. they just choice the steampunk aesthetic and  give them power armor like they do with everything else sometimes.

in fact the KO helmets are similar in design to the armor set for the engineer class in Age of reckoning.

This 'new Xenos race in January' rumour is nonsense spread by Spikeybits/The Long War. The Xenos art image in the Codex release roadmap is just a placeholder and not related to any models. It's more likely going to be Orks or Drukhari because we already saw in a recent preview video that there are new models coming for those armies.

GW staff already stated that the art connected to this rumour isn't going to be models, it was just created as a fun piece for the new rulebook:

Edited by Gareth 🍄
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Overread said:

As for 40K dwarves they renamed the Squats into the Demiurge, but after Squats they never found anyone to carry the torch and do them for 40K. So they slipped into the background and were mostly abandoned. They do appear in Battlefleet Gothic as allies of the Tau, but that's it right now. Personally I'd rather see them do Exodites instead of a remake of Squats - heck right now Squats are more popular for being a meme of dead factions than anything else

I hope they stick with Demiurge or completely redo the background of Squats.  Them being mutated humans never sat right.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Malakithe said:

40k non-marine players have been super pissed the last few years and even more so now with their outdated models. Releasing a fully new line without updating all the fan favorites and older stuff will straight up drive people away

I disagree. As a diehard Xenos fan I've been delighted by how much new stuff the necrons have just gotten. Genestealers have been a great expansion over the last few years, so while there have been more marines and imperial toys than ever before, I've felt a lot less neglected than usual. While I'd love it if Eldar got the necron treatment next, I'd be really keen to see a new army or more Kroot too.

Everyone will have a different experience, so accept that you and others feel unsatisfied. I'm actually quite hopeful for once. 

while I much ptefer AoS to 40k in general, I think AoS will be getting new armies in due course, so it's les automatically exciting than the prospect of something new for 40k. I don't think is going to happen though. New undead for us seem much more likely for the early next year release.

they tend to try to cycle through the grand alliances at least a bit, so Death should theoretically be next.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

I have the feeling that something like that happened...

Everything in KOs has a lot of diferent weapon loadouts that  feels more about  40k  than AoS (normally, in AoS we have 2 diferent loadouts for most units, KOs has 3 to 6 loadouts, that's a lot). Being a full ranged army with little to no close combat seems to support that (you can't even build a melee army with KOs).

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Everything in KOs has a lot of diferent weapon loadouts that  feels more about  40k  than AoS (normally, in AoS we have 2 diferent loadouts for most units, KOs has 3 to 6 loadouts, that's a lot). Being a full ranged army with little to no close combat seems to support that (you can't even build a melee army with KOs).

I reckon they were meant for AOS they resemble fantasy dwarves a lot still and dwarfs have always had more advanced tech such as the gyrocopter. I’d like to see something similar for 40K 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, novakai said:

i can see them taking inspiration from Squats but i don't think they where every meant for 40K, i think they just took the old dwarf lines and just imagine them as the technological race they could have been in the old world if they weren't for there stubbornness to advance. they just choice the steampunk aesthetic and  give them power armor like they do with everything else sometimes.

in fact the KO helmets are similar in design to the armor set for the engineer class in Age of reckoning.

Oh, I do agree my thought is tenuous at best, they don't fit the old squats and I don't know much about 40k there is very little reasoning for it. The hand weapon and pistol thing also feels a bit like 40k. 

They are the logical evolution of the weird engineering stuff, and I think the old dwarves also had a metal zeppelin. The 40k theory just sticks a bit to me. It might also have been the start of a design for 40k, but expanded for AoS, but since 40k started as a reimagining of Fantasy.

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

That might be why it sticks to me. 

1 hour ago, SirSalabean said:

I reckon they were meant for AOS they resemble fantasy dwarves a lot still and dwarfs have always had more advanced tech such as the gyrocopter. I’d like to see something similar for 40K 

The main reason I hope they put it to 40k is that this gives them a reason for more Kharadron sets. It is a logical progression from the Gyrocopter and dwarven engineer, but still, my mind keeps thinking it had its origins in 40k.

I think the issue with squats is their thing was mostly big vehicles and heavy armour; so basically they do what Terminators and Imperial Guard armour groups do - so I think there's just a design gap in that they don't really bring anything "new" to the table as such. Which I think has been an issue for GW in working out what to do with them that isn't already done by an Imperial army of some kind already. Marines/Imperials just half-size isn't enough. 

As for Khadorans if you look back at artwork, lore and at the game Man O War you can see that dwarves had most of those technologies. The only bit that's different is they use those magic orbs of flying instead of huge zeppelin bags because those would be prohibitively big and expensive to use. Otherwise metal beard and face shields; guns; airships; hove packs; thick armoured ships and all are very dwarfy. The dwarves of Old World we saw had fallen from their great technological might after the War of the Beard with the Elves (which also caused them to crumble). And the Smiths Guild was very set in their ways and not wanting to show off their tech or risk it falling into the hands of other races. So when their race was weaker they made the choice more to hide in holds and not advance their tech; restricting and holding it back. They didn't want these fast breeding humans or orks to get a hold of how to build airships

• Like 4

About the idea that Kharadron are repurpose squat,

• In a 40k perspective, all vehicles seems out of place (metal balloons supporting ship don't really fit w40k)
  • Initial sketches from John Blanche describe them as "metal dwarves chamonic  cloud miners"

C78Z6OQXgAASmCv.jpg

• And demiurg and squat look like that

250?cb=20111006162531   CompendiumSquatsp42.jpg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2