The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

I'm really hoping with this new book and Slaanesh focus we finally get some mortal troops for Slaanesh and some Slaangors beyond just the Underworlds band. They could probably get away with just two kits - a dual mortal troop kit and a Slaangor kit.

At the moment GW has a new duel army boxed set for Slaanesh and Daughters of Khaine which has a new mortal Slaanesh leader and a new snake leader for DoK. However the rest of the contents are regular models from those ranges. DoK are getting a Warcry Warband and Slaanesh is getting a handful of Underworlds models. 

That would be all I'd expect at this stage. If GW had multiple new models I'd have expected them to put them in the duel army pack. The expansion books for 40K were also very variable, some armies only got a little some got a lot. Eldar (who have a lot of need for updated models) only got a new Exarch and Banshee model set. 

In general these are "drip feed" releases built around campaign and lore books. So we aren't seeing big army updates in general. I'm sure we will get them, but they will be rarer. I suspect in part because once you start rebuilding big chunks of an army you need to rebuild chunks of the battletome too - and honestly Slaanesh needs work in that regard as right now they could release dozens of mortal models, but the "Keepers and more keepers and mostly leader" style of armies would still maintain because of how Depravity is generated. 

2 hours ago, Fyrenn said:

No Beasts of Chaos?  For shame.  

No love for y'all. Same in total war warhammer!

(I'm thinking about buying that dlc though).

It would be great if that long list that was posted was true! Hopefully they will talk more about the books this Saturday!

Edited by Howdyhedberg

49 minutes ago, Overread said:

At the moment GW has a new duel army boxed set for Slaanesh and Daughters of Khaine which has a new mortal Slaanesh leader and a new snake leader for DoK. However the rest of the contents are regular models from those ranges. DoK are getting a Warcry Warband and Slaanesh is getting a handful of Underworlds models. 

That would be all I'd expect at this stage. If GW had multiple new models I'd have expected them to put them in the duel army pack. The expansion books for 40K were also very variable, some armies only got a little some got a lot. Eldar (who have a lot of need for updated models) only got a new Exarch and Banshee model set. 

In general these are "drip feed" releases built around campaign and lore books. So we aren't seeing big army updates in general. I'm sure we will get them, but they will be rarer. I suspect in part because once you start rebuilding big chunks of an army you need to rebuild chunks of the battletome too - and honestly Slaanesh needs work in that regard as right now they could release dozens of mortal models, but the "Keepers and more keepers and mostly leader" style of armies would still maintain because of how Depravity is generated. 

Yeah, that's what they tend to do with new army boxes. Though I expect that the army box will be out before the new campaign book, so who knows. A lot of armies with the 40k books got a single hero, but Mechanicus got three new boxed sets. Slaanesh could really use a few boxes to put them on par with Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Khorne. Not sure if they will pop up or not though. I would personally appreciate it, even though I'm more of a Tzeentch guy.

I imagine Slaangors at least will pop up before/at the same time as Emperor's Children if we don't get them for AoS.  I haven't played AoS for quite a while (and never played Slaanesh), though I heard there are issues with depravity. I don't think GW really cares a ton about army balance when adding new units to armies, at least they haven't in the past.

All that said, who knows, GW's timing on releases don't always seem to follow a particular pattern.

3 minutes ago, Sabotage! said:

Yeah, that's what they tend to do with new army boxes. Though I expect that the army box will be out before the new campaign book, so who knows. A lot of armies with the 40k books got a single hero, but Mechanicus got three new boxed sets. Slaanesh could really use a few boxes to put them on par with Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Khorne. Not sure if they will pop up or not though. I would personally appreciate it, even though I'm more of a Tzeentch guy.

i believe it was said that the Boxset (DOK vs Slaaneshi) and the new campaign book are related to one and another and they are coming out at the same time

2 minutes ago, novakai said:

i believe it was said that the Boxset (DOK vs Slaaneshi) and the new campaign book are related to one and another and they are coming out at the same time

I must of missed that, thanks for letting me know. Bit of a bummer in that means there likely won't be new mortals for Slaanesh any time soon.

59 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

No love for y'all. Same in total war warhammer!

(I'm thinking about buying that dlc though).

It would be great if that long list that was posted was true! Hopefully they will talk more about the books this Saturday!

I just did the same... cause it's half price.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SirSalabean said:

Id argue Sylveneth need new Dryads same with gouls for FEC 

My vote goes to the winged reverant Sylvaneth unit teased in the tome art.(it looks like the hero at first glance buy you can see more in the background)

HYkuvXsEdNRWDMul6UdfumXv5ysA2KU-ANq0_yFh

Let us re-enact the 7 day aerial war that took place over Ghyran's beautiful Jade Isles. :D

shimmerfall_campaign_hage_of_sigmar.png

Edited by Baron Klatz

1 hour ago, Doko said:

Any info about what armys gonna get battleforce?

I would love a city of sigmar or fyreslayer

Pretty sure they are normally announced approx the first week of November with pre-orders first week of December.

My completely baseless speculation would be:

Order: Fyreslayers or Cities (probably based around a particular city (like the firestorm boxes)

Chaos: Slaanesh or Beasts of Chaos

Death: FEC or OBR

Destruction: Ironjawz or mixed Mawtribes

1 hour ago, Thiagoma said:

Ohhh tell us more!

Not much I can disclose without betraying the Person‘s trust. ^^
But it looks like Good times Are ahead for one of the armies I am playing (meaning more models than we CURRENTLY have). And that it was certain that AoS would get it’s fair share of releases before the end of the year (depending on COVID Lockdowns ofc).

I play:

LoN, DoK, S2D, IDK, CoS (and all their splintered subfactions), S2D Slaanesh, a bit S2D in Tzeentch and SCE. :)

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, mojojojo101 said:

Pretty sure they are normally announced approx the first week of November with pre-orders first week of December.

My completely baseless speculation would be:

Order: Fyreslayers or Cities (probably based around a particular city (like the firestorm boxes)

Chaos: Slaanesh or Beasts of Chaos

Death: FEC or OBR

Destruction: Ironjawz or mixed Mawtribes

I agree with most of your guesses actually.

For me:

Order: Fyreslayers

Death: OBR

Destruction: Ogors

Chaos: Nurgle

I hope we'll also get a christmas set of scenery too, but they stopped doing it last year :(

53 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Not much I can disclose without betraying the Person‘s trust. ^^
But it looks like Good times Are ahead for one of the armies I am playing (meaning more models than we CURRENTLY have). And that it was certain that AoS would get it’s fair share of releases before the end of the year (depending on COVID Lockdowns ofc).

I play:

LoN, DoK, S2D, IDK, CoS (and all their splintered subfactions), S2D Slaanesh, a bit S2D in Tzeentch and SCE. :)

Please be Idoneth 😭 They have had absolutely nothing since first release; it would be so welcome.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

Please be Idoneth 😭 They have had absolutely nothing since first release; it would be so welcome.

I think that Idoneth will recieve a new Underworlds warband to be on par with other AoS-Exclusive armies like Fyreslayers and Ironjawz (btw, both are 2 years older).
I hope to see more things for KOs, we only had the Underworlds warband and 1 hero.

• Like 1

Regarding new releases: can we get some duardin love? I understand they want to focus on "new" dwarf factions, but still. I would love some new slayers fyreslayers. Haven't had anything new in years (or have I missed anything?).

Also, I miss my "normies". Is there no chance to get an update to freeguilds? It is such a wonderful aesthethic, I always think of:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutterij#/media/File:The_Nightwatch_by_Rembrandt_-_Rijksmuseum.jpg

I think a freeguild line representing multiracial militia would be so flavourful.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

21 hours ago, JPjr said:

Assuming the Broken Realms books do work their way through all the factions there's a chance at least 1 or 2 might get some extra units instead of just a new hero,  if you look at the Psychic Awakening releases they tied at least 2 into slightly bigger releases, plus with Underworlds and Warcry there's slightly more options for AoS to get related releases (or at least releases around the same time as the books come out).

we know for sure that over the next 6 weeks DoK is getting 1 new hero and 1 Warcry unit, Slaanesh a new hero and a WHU unit (with hero) and Lumineth a WHU unit (with hero), whilst some of these might not be explicitly tied to the Morathi book they are coming out around its release.

I don't think broken realms will consist in 9  books but maybe 4/5 is more likely .

Shadow & pain box is not really tied to Morathi book but as for Warcom article : Shadow & pain lore introduces to Morathi book/Broken realms lore

I am expecting new rules/twicked warscrolls for DoK and Idoneth along with Morathi book

an Alarielle/nurgle book is a safe bet  together with a Tyrion/malerion/slaanesh book

slaanesh mortal miniatures together with slaangors could  fit very well the dark prince breaking free book (probably the last book of saga)

19 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I think that Idoneth will recieve a new Underworlds warband to be on par with other AoS-Exclusive armies like Fyreslayers and Ironjawz (btw, both are 2 years older).
I hope to see more things for KOs, we only had the Underworlds warband and 1 hero.

With you on more KO but compared to a lot of factions we have a great set of models - maybe a Warcry war band - exploring some the other elements of the Kharadrons? A female character or two would be great as well. 

17 minutes ago, Greybeard86 said:

Regarding new releases: can we get some duardin love? I understand they want to focus on "new" dwarf factions, but still. I would love some new slayers fyreslayers. Haven't had anything new in years (or have I missed anything?).

Also, I miss my "normies". Is there no chance to get an update to freeguilds? It is such a wonderful aesthethic, I always think of:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutterij#/media/File:The_Nightwatch_by_Rembrandt_-_Rijksmuseum.jpg

I think a freeguild line representing multiracial militia would be so flavourful.

Yeah I'd love some new Dwarfs of some description - Fyreslayers certainly need something [even though I'm nota fan]. I'd love to see some other dwarfs -like a ranger war band for Warcry or something..

I'm hoping for either something Dwarf or Kurnothi but there hasn't been any rumour engine hints for them so I'm not expecting anything. 

Looking forward to seeing what does come for Underworlds and Warcry though- the Seraphon could be tempting as a small war band .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lord of the Isle said:

I sort of hope cities moves towards mixed race as in aelf / human / duardin motley crews, would look really cool. As it is my proxies regiments have that vibe anyway!

thinking a bit like old DoW Cursed Company only alive!!

Indeed! I would love something like the old "Dogs of War", with a combination of "racial" regiments (human pikemen, ogre shock troops, dwarf hammerers) and "multiracial" troops (e.g. a multi racial cannon kit).

3 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah I'd love some new Dwarfs of some description - Fyreslayers certainly need something [even though I'm nota fan]. I'd love to see some other dwarfs -like a ranger war band for Warcry or something..

I'm hoping for either something Dwarf or Kurnothi but there hasn't been any rumour engine hints for them so I'm not expecting anything.

I think the issue with fyreslayers is that they get very "samey". Slayers were fun in dwarf armies because they brought some "tone variation". I understand that in AoS you can do "alliance" armies but they seem to lose out on a lot of "faction" specific bonuses. This seems to lead to very "samey" army compositions (naked dwarves with axes, eel riders, kurnoth hunters spam).

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, silverstu said:

With you on more KO but compared to a lot of factions we have a great set of models - maybe a Warcry war band - exploring some the other elements of the Kharadrons? A female character or two would be great as well. 

If you ask to my inner dwarf, yes, we could use a new Ship, more Heroes or maybe even a melee MARINE Troop.  But if I want to be honest to myself, I think like you, there are other micro-armies like  Fyreslayers that need more miniatures ASAP

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1