The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Yeah something about this seems fairly in line with the spites on Sylvaneth. 

My immediate thought was that cool insectoid skull teaser from underworld. But I would love it to be Kurnothi aelves....

Maybe it is a parasitic army and those thin ghoulish hands we have associated with vampires are actually the emaciated victims of these parasites. Heck that might be how they are reinterpreting vampires for AOS?

But more than anything I just want it to be AOS rather than 40k. 

Insectioid Vampires? That sounds bloody epic mate.

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

How much does the lore tease an indectoid race? Asking as from my fallible memory I'm drawing that Ossiarchs were teased quite some bit and ended up serving the greater narrative of Nagash going on the offensive.

The model itself seems to be something decorating a base - I first assumed it to be a Vespid, but the head isn't right - but I'd welcome a bug army to AoS!

32 minutes ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

How much does the lore tease an indectoid race? Asking as from my fallible memory I'm drawing that Ossiarchs were teased quite some bit and ended up serving the greater narrative of Nagash going on the offensive.

The model itself seems to be something decorating a base - I first assumed it to be a Vespid, but the head isn't right - but I'd welcome a bug army to AoS!

It doesn’t really tease a race at all. The Silent People are mentioned in three paragraphs in the rulebook for Beastgrave. They’re described as having lived in the Beastgrave many, many years ago, and as “somehow insectile in nature”, but not as bug-people. If the art on the rulebook is anything to go by, they look 99% human except with yellow eyes.

there is a suggestion that something still lives there, there’s a few sentences about how people still feel they’re being watched or hearing clicking sounds in the Beastgrave, but the Silent People are exclusively described here as people in the past tense. 

I suppose you could also interpret the Ur-Grub cards as a hint, but there’s no lore or anything to do with it

They’re basically in the same position as the Katrophanes are in the Shadespire and Nightvault rulebooks - a long-gone people that inhabited one specific city/mountain, used to fill in the lore of that season of Underworld’s setting. Seeing as the Katrophanes were never released as models, there’s no reason to suspect we’ll get the Silent People either. 

EDIT: It’s possible we could see something for them in the next season of Underworlds which looks like it’s going deeper into the Beastgrave setting, but I still believe a full faction release, at least any time in the near future, is extremely unlikely  

image.jpg

Edited by Adamcbutton
New information added
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think we have to go so far as to say that this is a baby Silent Person or something. Just that there's a strong insect theme associated with them - masks, architecture and the Beastgrave setting - and that this fits.

I'd also be a little suspicious of the idea that that dude in the artwork is necessarily a Silent Person but then it's unlikely that it's going to really be cleared up anyway. Agreed though that there's no reason to take any of this as a suggestion of a new insectoid faction for main AoS anymore than the Katophranes suggested a new undead faction.

Nezzhill's suggestion, that this is one of the 3d bits of terrain to accompany Direchasm, seems likely. Baby ur-grubs or awoken Silent People guard-beasts or fossilised monster eggs or something. Seems extra-likely given that the Beastgrave -> Direchasm arc seems to mimic the Shadespire -> Nightvault arc: here's a creepy setting for S1, oh no, you have delved too greedily and too deep, something terrible has awoken for S2.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

image.jpeg.8e048663241545dba949ec3cc175b265.jpeg

Just for the sake of putting a rumour out there:

Warhammer Day might feature the factions shown in the picture above.

New SCE Chamber or Battletome?

You know, I like this picture. 3x AoS, 1x Necromunda vs 4x 40K, and male and female distribution is half and half.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

But do Necrons have a gender? :D

Prior to biotransferance they did. How many of them retain any vestige of individuality at all any more varies. Most rank and file Necrons are pretty robotic, and likely wouldn't remember or be able to express anything about their past existence. Its really only the lords who still do.  I believe that all of the special characters identify as male, as do all of the surviving C'tan, although being energy beings they were probably beyond such concepts as physical gender before the Necrontyr gave them bodies.

I like the idea that this is foreshadowing what will be teased, but the fact that a Necron and space marines are in there seems to cast doubt on that for me. I feel like they've had everything they're going to get for a while at this point, and the same is true of the Esher Gang surely?

• Like 1

As much as Warhammer Day is about the future its also about the path we've come on thus far - all those things in the photo have been released or had major releases for them this year. New book for Escher in Necromunda - New Morathi book - new Necron book etc... So it could just be that photo is a recap part of the year we've had. 

17 minutes ago, Overread said:

As much as Warhammer Day is about the future its also about the path we've come on thus far - all those things in the photo have been released or had major releases for them this year. New book for Escher in Necromunda - New Morathi book - new Necron book etc... So it could just be that photo is a recap part of the year we've had. 

Oh no, don‘t you burst my bubble! 🤣

2 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Just for the sake of putting a rumour out there:

Warhammer Day might feature the factions shown in the picture above.

New SCE Chamber or Battletome?

New SCE Chamber/Battletome will more than likely come with 3.0's release, which is probably going to land in July.

Broken Realms is shaping up to be AoS' equivalent of Psychic Awakening though, so it's not improbable we'd see a one-off Hero or two pop up in the mean time - the same thing happened with Malign Portents after all.

My guess is they'll talk about BR: Morathi a bit more, and maybe reveal the title of the next book (or several) like they did with Psychic Awakening.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 3