The Rumour Thread

25 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Playing devil’s advocate: 

that means GW needs less Molds, production capacity (which is limited), production resources, storage, transport, etc. 
so if for every Hastings and @JackStreicher that skip it, one @KingBrodd buys two regardless of price, they might still make the same profit. 
we just don’t know enough to really jurge that. 

although personally I agree it’s too much But I can think of a couple of reasons why it would make sense for them. 

I apologise for contributing to this pricing. I myself know it's horrible.

• Haha 10

Whatever is in the Pre-order Preview today releases on Oct. 24th, so we're really getting down to the wire for what’s left in the year for AoS.  I’d imagine the floodgates are about to open in regards to Broken Realms.  We most likely know all the AoS/AoS tangential releases for the rest of the year...  Warcry Catacombs, Shadow and Pain, Direchasm, and most importantly Broken Realms.  This is probably what’s slated for the rest of the year, but there’s got to be a preview coming soon, maybe not imminent but soon. 

• Like 2

Necrons and Marines also still have a lot to release for their armies. Last week was quite light and focused on Necrons. This week could be the new Warcry set and some of the new Marines; or it could be a big marine and necron joint release without any AoS and then all AoS would land in November with Warcry, Dok/Slaanesh and the new book. 

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Don't worry dude, I know nowadays it's hard to say you're a mega gargant fan because of the popular vindict and all the hate, but eventually it'll fade out and your passion and awesome minis will still be here ;)

I have bought two mega gargants too, and I can't wait to paint them and enjoy them on the tabletop with my friends, I really don't care about what people think and they won't ruin the enjoyment I'm getting out of this great hobby.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

hahaha Maybe that's what happened. GW have a system that scrubs fora. And every time the system detects a positive post about the mega-gargants they raised the price by 10cent....

The Gargants were meant to be 10 bucks but your comments alone account for the rest 😂

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Don't worry dude, I know nowadays it's hard to say you're a mega gargant fan because of the popular vindict and all the hate, but eventually it'll fade out and your passion and awesome minis will still be here ;)

Its just envy for the bottomless moneybags you must carry along every day. 

Hear hear! It's your hobby, so do what you love with it. :D

From Dreadforts to Mega-gargants, the plastic and enjoyment always outlast the sticker shock.

15 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

I got my Ghur map in the Sons Battletome!!! 😊 No more of my dodgy home made powerpoint maps for my campaigning in the Realm of Beasts! It even has my army's home city of Excelsis on it! Been waiting for this for a long time!

Huzzah! I was so hoping that was the case, the clever grots working for GW kept putting jagged edged maps behind the Sons on Facebook so I was highly suspicious of what realm they connected to.

Mega-gargants just gave us some big steps towards more Ghur focus and maybe even a campaign kicking off there. :D

That's my bets on the end of the year reveals if a new Warhammer Quest still doesn't appear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I am hoping for Shadow Selves/Soulblight soon. C‘mon it‘s Halloween Season! A Soulblight Army would be perfect for Halloween!

I sincerely hope it's another death army, Soulblight or otherwise. LoN is just a holdover hodgepodge. We got three armies in our alliance. And considering OBR was pretty nicely priced another like it would go over real well right now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

I sincerely hope it's another death army, Soulblight or otherwise. LoN is just a holdover hodgepodge. We got three armies in our alliance. And considering OBR was pretty nicely priced another like it would go over real well right now.

Very true on all points!

OBR were truly well priced, now that you mention it 🤔

32 minutes ago, Still-young said:

OBR are looking more and more reasonable with each release. The models have grown on me a lot too. I’m hoping they get a Christmas bundle this year. 

it's weird right. It happened with several armies for me as well. Deepkin, KO, OBR, Stormcast, Fireslayers didn't like any of them on release. And they all have become things I expect in the setting and learned to appreciate (and collect in the case of KO and Stormcast). 

The things that I didn't like on release back in the old world I never really started to like later on. 

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Never apologise for buying what you want and doing your hobby how you want. 

Have you checked out the Dark Artisan on YouTube, they have a battle report up using the big boys. 

On another topic, when do the Xmas boxes normally get shown? 

• Like 1

then again Mortek guard could have easily became the most expensive 25mm  horde unit in the game, they where just thankfully pointed as an elite unit  which made the whole army affordable.

9 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Did they mention what all the books would be besides morathi? 

no they have only reveal what the first book is

Edited by novakai

14 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Did they mention what all the books would be besides morathi? 

Nope and we only have a little hint as to what is in Morathi's book in general - but I fully expect to see more detail as we enter November. No shock that October remains a strong 40K week with all those necron and marine releases

Also "The Elves" omnibus comes out next week which is focused on the Old World stories of the elves and would be a great read for anyone interested in the Old Lore and seeing some of the original stories featuring the two "light aelf" god brothers. 
From some googling around it contains the stories; Defenders of Ulthuran;  Sons of Ellyrion and Guardians of the Forest

Also there's a preview event next weekend! So plenty to keep people interested :)

m60qzjZkjTyQtJWE.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2