The Rumour Thread

On 10/8/2020 at 10:19 PM, EccentricCircle said:

Yeah, I definitely hope that they do well enough to merit expansion! While I doubt they'd go the actual D&D route of Hill, Stone, Fire, Frost and cloud giants I could see something themed around the mortal Realms, so Albionesque life Giants from Ghyran, flaming Aqshyian Giants wielding bright magic and so on. Hopefully we'll see some cool conversions in that vein in the coming months.

They already had them in the form of the incarnate elementals from forgeworld.

they could easily be repurposed into fire and realm of death giants for instance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh I'll never have it done by Chrissy itll just go to a Mega sized pile of grey shame haha, 3 Big Uns and 3 Mancrushers is a perfect start.

If you are on instagram check out Flynnhammer- he's posted some nice Mancrusher conversions which look great- might give you a bit of extra hobby inspiration! [not that I think you need it at this point!😁]

Edited by silverstu
adding link
  • Thanks 1

The 360 views make a solid case that despite the similar leg posing, the three variants really do wind up looking quite distinct in terms of overall pose. It's particularly clear with the kraken-eater vs the other two because of the twist in his torso but it's pretty noticeable where the eye is drawn.

I actually like the aesthetic a lot. Hill giant isn't entirely wrong but that they're sort of lumpy, wrinkly, pot-bellied dudes with huge feet and long arms makes for a pretty distinctive and Quentin Blake-esque form unlike the musclemen you get elsewhere, and a form that's to my mind more interesting than civilised Greek titans or similar. But the price is still dreadful.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

47 minutes ago, RandyRyan said:

@KingBrodd what are they gonna cost AUD?

Sorry mate I live in the UK now I'm not sure of the Aussie prices.

34 minutes ago, silverstu said:

If you are on instagram check out Flynnhammer- he's posted some nice Mancrusher conversions which look great- might give you a bit of extra hobby inspiration! [not that I think you need it at this point!😁]

Definitely will be going over this later, cheers mate!!

31 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The 360 views make a solid case that despite the similar leg posing, the three variants really do wind up looking quite distinct in terms of overall pose. It's particularly clear with the kraken-eater vs the other two because of the twist in his torso but it's pretty noticeable where the eye is drawn.

I actually like the aesthetic a lot. Hill giant isn't entirely wrong but that they're sort of lumpy, wrinkly, pot-bellied dudes with huge feet and long arms makes for a pretty distinctive and Quentin Blake-esque form unlike the musclemen you get elsewhere, and a form that's to my mind more interesting than civilised Greek titans or similar. But the price is still dreadful.

100% agree mate. I think once we see everyones own Megas' their uniqueness will really shine through. Especially once parts start getting mixed and matched.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Pretty snazzy, I cant imagine it'll sway anyone who didnt already want a Mega gargant but free stuff is nice 

121171282_1529629510567170_8589825177679210415_o.jpg

I have a full home bar and a decent coaster collection. This is tempting, but not at the assumed $200.  Can I just buy a few dozen coasters? :)

3 hours ago, Jeremierty said:

From the warscrolls in the new zealand games workshop website ....OMG the kick objectives is so damned good !!

King Brodd will be pleased, so happy for him !

Screenshot_2020-10-09-23-20-50-663_com.google.android.apps.docs.jpg

I suspect this rule some will ruin more matched play / tournament games than any other. The arguments and interpretations are going to be bonkers.

17 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

I wanted the limited edition codexes so I got them at my local game store. I try to support them here and there but mostly I will buy from third party. 

My local (non-GW) game store does discount boxes a bit, so I prefer going there. I don't buy rulebooks though.

8 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Well they’re $380nz, $248nz for the 2 giants (which by the way is more expensive than buying 2 seperate giants as they were $98nz)

Just did a conversion from nz$ to sek, and I feel bad for y'all! But I imagine that it won't be that far away from the price we get in €. 

7 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I suspect this rule some will ruin more matched play / tournament games than any other. The arguments and interpretations are going to be bonkers.

This together with those crazy bonkers profiles (10A with 4dmg and -3 rend!?) are making me worried again. Why can't new rules be exciting and fresh without being crazy OP?

Edited by rosa

34 minutes ago, Overread said:

less than 20mins to go!!!!!

Mega, Battletome and Coasters ordered!! As well as the Digital Version of the Audio Drama from Black Library. 

Only one week to go for some truly Monstrous Mortal Realms Lore!!

For those interested the Battletome is 80 pages.

• Like 7

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Mega, Battletome and Coasters ordered!! As well as the Digital Version of the Audio Drama from Black Library. 

I'm happy that you can finally get your stuff soon!

I checked the price again, and I think in at least Sweden they have a "reasonable price" (could be cheaper) compared to New Zeeland. 

Not sure which I dislike more, the disproportionate  £120 tag on a predominantly mono-pose kit or the ludicrous price increase to £75, on two smaller predominantly mono-pose kits. Disappointing price on this release. I’ll hold out for a mega when I see it cheaper else where. 

Bit bummed out by this, the mega Gargant is a beautiful monster kit, and the  mancrushers/ale guzzlers are still a solid kit, but there’s just not enough variety. I reckon even with just one more kit as a spellcaster/hero/ranged alternative (what ever it may be) it would have hyped me enough to see past the high prices for what really is only two kits. For those looking to just add a single Giant as a centre piece to chaos, orcs etc then I could imagine a fair amount of elation then. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Congrats! That’s how I felt a few weeks ago. How many have you ordered in the end. 

The Battletome is then only 15 pages less than the Lumineth one. Looking forward to all the new lore in it. 

• Like 1