The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Sttufe said:

Even the duardin will be sad, as who will we have too make fun of? Seriously though, would be a real shame if the aelves were all massacred because we all know who would be next on the chain.

Loved Fantasy but hated how Dwarfs were the proverbial "punching bags" of the setting.

Need someone to look tough in an Army Book?  Just say they single-handedly destroyed a Dwarf hold or two.

I very much prefer AoS status quo where Order might of gotten their butts whipped for a while but are now on the counter attack.  

Edited by King Under the Mountain
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Loved Fantasy but hated how Dwarfs were the proverbial "punching bags" of the setting.

Need someone to look tough in an Army Book?  Just say they single-handedly destroyed a Dwarf hold or two.

I very much prefer AoS status quo where Order might of gotten their butts whipped for a while but are now on the counter attack.  

So Dworfs had Worf syndrome?

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, JPjr said:

that's a proper "look what we just found in an old box in the warehouse" give-away 

What I thought as well, probably a panic move in an attempt to divert attention from the pricing outrage a little bit. Pretty clear this was not planned all along, it makes no sense at all if it actually was planned.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

They could very well end up doing Frost Gargants at some point down the line, my only concern is they dont do anything extra at all and they remain as the 2 kit army the are.

That probably depends on how many hundreds you buy ;) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

XD like somebody would pay that much money to get 1 or 4 coaster XD.... well never underestimate people...

Well, I'm not sure how much I'd pay for them, but to me they are terrain.

I do know how much I'd pay for them. 5€ for a set of coasters with nice designs seems fair.

• Like 1

To be fair Orks were way more of a punching bag whilst Skaven were a punching bag that punched themselves half the time ;)

Dwarfs would typically lose a hold at the start of a story, but then go on and punch seven bells out of the goblins/grots/elves/whatever that took it from them. 
I think another aspect is that being the "punching bag" often happens when you have few stories of your own and most are from other faction perspectives. Something GW has been keen to avoid with AoS in how they are putting out more books for more factions not just Stormcast or humans etc...

Heck you want to talk punching bag - 40K has Tyranids. Whilst they do phenomenal damage tearing their way to Marine Chapter Planets; they still get beaten up in the end. Plus any new character who wants to make a name for themselves goes and one-on-one fights a Hive Tyrant or the Swarm Lord. By their very nature tyranids "can't die" so you kill the swarmlord and it shows how good you are and, it gets reborn somewhere else later. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scurvydog said:

What I thought as well, probably a panic move in an attempt to divert attention from the pricing outrage a little bit. Pretty clear this was not planned all along, it makes no sense at all if it actually was planned.

The chap that thought up the 'behe-mat' pun is probably getting a promotion for saving the day.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Kramer said:

That probably depends on how many hundreds you buy ;) 

Haha if I'm honest I was originally planning on buying 3 Megas at launch but there price did shock me a bit so to save some money I'm starting with 1 and the Battletome and we can see what Mortal Realms Santa has in store for Christmas!! I do plan on having at minimum the 3 'Standard' variants and then another 3 mixed and matched.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Haha if I'm honest I was originally planning on buying 3 Megas at launch but there price did shock me a bit so to save some money I'm starting with 1 and the Battletome and we can see what Mortal Realms Santa has in store for Christmas!! I do plan on having at minimum the 3 'Standard' variants and then another 3 mixed and matched.

They will take a mega long time to paint so you don't need three at the start ;) 

And I would never be able to paint one before Christmas so you're be a better man than me if you're ready for the second one. 

What you thinking now? 3 big 'uns, 3 little giants?

9 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

Yeah I like how the dwarfs can be resurgent in AoS- hated how they were slowly dwindling in fantasy [although loved the setting and the forces ..]

7 hours ago, King Under the Mountain said:

What the heck!  I would freaking love to have these.  Why sell them with Giants instead of anything Dwarf though...

Those are damn nice coasters.. and should rightfully be dwarven...

• LOVE IT! 2

27 minutes ago, Kramer said:

They will take a mega long time to paint so you don't need three at the start ;) 

And I would never be able to paint one before Christmas so you're be a better man than me if you're ready for the second one. 

What you thinking now? 3 big 'uns, 3 little giants?

Oh I'll never have it done by Chrissy itll just go to a Mega sized pile of grey shame haha, 3 Big Uns and 3 Mancrushers is a perfect start.

49 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

If so were in for pretty nasty prices on the shadow aelves 🥺 So I hope they flop, sorry @KingBrodd

I don‘t think they will sell out, yet I‘ve been wrong before :)

No worries mate, I too wish they weren't so expensive and I truly hope it isnt a sign of things to come for the hobby. I would even forego the big lads if in the long run it was guaranteed things wouldnt get more expensive, but we cannot.

• Like 1