The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, Rhetoric said:

I really don’t think the price of a kit is that ridiculous, as someone who is not independently wealthy.  You’re getting a literal fourth of a 2000 point army that can be used in any other army in AoS.  Don’t forget, a team of artists make these products possible.  The kits are gorgeous, and come with a multitude of extra pieces.  I think they are priced realistically, however, I think we are at the threshold of the affordability of cost of kits, right now.  

I whole-heartedly disagree. They have to pay their designers anyway. From experience big Models do not take longer than small models. GW won‘t go bankrupt if you don‘t buy the giant. As mentioned twice or thrice before: There is no justification, GW is neither your friend nor does it care about you. It sets the price because it knows that people will still buy it and therefor maximize its revenue to have another amazing record year...

The „additional „ bits are rather useless since they‘re no gimmicks but left-overs, very specific parts of the other giants.

You are right though, it is (or even has surpassed) the treshold if affordability.

Edit: Sorry @Overread, I was writing while you posted ^^ 

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Sooooo, do that! Nothing wrong with that!

Maybe one day the people behind those prints will employ thousands of people around the world, support a global infrastructure/supply chain, create hundreds (thousands?) of new models each year along with a huge range of tools and paints, publish a monthly hobby magazine that is translated into multiple languages, maintain a huge website, sponsor large events for gamers across the globe, publish the creative fiction of dozens of authors, encourage art by commissioning folks to produce high-quality visuals, and, all the while, consistently return value to their shareholders after they get so popular that they go public and become one of the most successful businesses on the UK (and other) markets.

Who knows, maybe someday those making one-off files in their personal home office will get big enough, and profitable enough, to do all that.

I feel this comparison misses the point that there won't be a need to support a supply chain or physical retailers with the 3d print model of business. They would literally just need a design team, web team, management and maybe game designers if they decide to make their own game but as the product is delivered digitally to customers with the tools to make the models themselves it cuts a lot of overhead out of operating costs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Soolong said:

Nice, I picked up the Mjagnir, Jötunn and I really hope the rumour engine is mini fyreslayer mounts of some kind hopefully a unit but more likely just a new hero.

Good stuff! Got the shieldwall choloch myself, should be a good proxy for a ogroid myrmidon in Warcry

mrm_dkl_inf_dis_wcf_200_000_01_large.png.75980d576d48fa4a926b3d1e47243bff.png

Any word on when we can expect to see the new season of Underworlds?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

34 minutes ago, MarkK said:

Any word on when we can expect to see the new season of Underworlds?

Direchasm's out in December but it's not clear when we'll see more details about the core box and other warbands. We knew everything about the Beastgrave kit by August 2019 and had seen the first new warband for it by mid-September 2019, so clearly a different approach is being taken, whether because of covid or not.

Maybe once we're over this first hump of 40k releases we'll get some more news. Previously GW's done a preview in November for Blood and Glory so they might take that opportunity to do something online.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I’m so hungry for new AoS rumours! What’s next for the core game after the gargants?! Come on, give us a tease!

Well there's the new expansion book in November staring Morathi and others. It's like Psychic Awaken for AoS so narrative but also rules adjustments with several armies in each book. Though we don't yet know all the real ins and outs. Daughters of Khaine are also getting a new Warband for Warcry at some stage in a new starter set with terrain, boards and the Scions of the Flame warband; and there's a new duel army boxed set for Slaanesh and Daughters of Khaine coming in November - which features a new Melusai leader for DoK and a new Slaanesh Mortal leader. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Overread said:

Well there's the new expansion book in November staring Morathi and others. It's like Psychic Awaken for AoS so narrative but also rules adjustments with several armies in each book. Though we don't yet know all the real ins and outs. Daughters of Khaine are also getting a new Warband for Warcry at some stage in a new starter set with terrain, boards and the Scions of the Flame warband; and there's a new duel army boxed set for Slaanesh and Daughters of Khaine coming in November - which features a new Melusai leader for DoK and a new Slaanesh Mortal leader. 

Thank you :)

3 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Maybe I missed it, but the Morathi expansion book is for sure coming out next month?

Unless Corona or lockdowns affect it - yes. The book is coming out next month - we also expect the new duel army pack to come that month too with DoK and Slaanesh. What we don't know is when the Warcry boxed set will come out. Either this month or next or early December. 

• Like 1

Just now, Overread said:

Unless Corona or lockdowns affect it - yes. The book is coming out next month - we also expect the new duel army pack to come that month too with DoK and Slaanesh. What we don't know is when the Warcry boxed set will come out. Either this month or next or early December. 

Got it, thanks! I am really eager to see if the Broken Realms will really be the Psychic Awakening for AoS. I'd be over the moon to see some nice updates for my beloved Soulblight.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 9:39 PM, Athrawes said:

I'm so tired of people complaining out price hike.

So I know that everyone feels angsty over the perceived price of Lumineth and now Sons of Behamat.

I’ve played WFB and 40K since 1992. The complaining about price has never stopped. The only thing that’s changed is the people doing the complaining and the rise of the internet making the complaining seem louder. I’d suggest tuning it out if you are in for the long haul.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, JPjr said:

I think I've lost it but I've been howling with laughter at this picture for about 5 minutes now

I might have to model a load of bases with little stunty fellas actually embedded sideways in them so they look like they've been stood on and they're pancake flat

Y735lJkha5ThtYsv.jpg

I'm concerned.

I have to say a little disappointed.

Of the three kits, yes we can all get taken in by the super hype but one truth remains, adn that truth is a disturbing one.

What is that truth?

it is this....

Ahem... Er... GW... Ou et le remastered fleeing Johann,  hmmm?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I'm concerned.

Of the three kits, yes we can all get taken in by the super hype but one truth remains, adn that truth is a disturbing one.

What is that truth?

it is this....

Yeah, this is disappointing. Such an easy thing to do and they whuffed it. The chap in the Gatebreaker's right hand is clearly something of an updated Johann and that could be meant as an easter egg, like a point there about how the regular giants could never catch him but watch out, these new big giants don't mess about.

But still, the fleeing chap was a fan-favourite even before he was co-opted as 'Johann' in the marketing and then the comic. A fun and useful bit. Real missed opportunity.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah, this is disappointing. Such an easy thing to do and they whuffed it. The chap in the Gatebreaker's right hand is clearly something of an updated Johann and that could me meant as an easter egg, like a point there about how the regular giants could never catch him but watch out, these new big giants don't mess about.

But still, the fleeing chap was a fan-favourite even before he was co-opted as 'Johann' in the marketing and then the comic. A fun and useful bit. Real missed opportunity.

there should have been a unit of them, the giant equivalent of nurglings or rats, where they flee and inadvertently cause annoyance to enemy units

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I'm concerned.

What is that truth?

it is this....

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Yeah, this is disappointing. Such an easy thing to do and they whuffed it. The chap in the Gatebreaker's right hand is clearly something of an updated Johann and that could be meant as an easter egg, like a point there about how the regular giants could never catch him but watch out, these new big giants don't mess about.

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

there should have been a unit of them, the giant equivalent of nurglings or rats, where they flee and inadvertently cause annoyance to enemy units

Literally the only thing I'm disappointed with about the release. I was really hoping for Johann or other running Mortals and some decorations for their very large bases. At least with the double Mancrusher pack there will always be a Johann to go around!!

Hopefully they get an 'Endless Spell' model one day of a unit of 10 or so Mortals running in fear that act as an avalanche of sorts.

That being said hopefully we can bring some positivity back into the Rumour Thread!! Heres hoping we get another Online Preview in a few weeks. I'd love for the other Factions to get updated models so everyone has something to look forward to.

P.S @Oceanic_Eyes that is me on Reddit ;)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

14 hours ago, The Brotherhood of Necros said:

I’m so hungry for new AoS rumours! What’s next for the core game after the gargants?! Come on, give us a tease!

Me too man. I have zero interest in Gargants and so far it seems they are kinda worthless to ally in. Their power might be baked into their alligance abilities, but that just means I wont have to bother buying one. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Me too man. I have zero interest in Gargants and so far it seems they are kinda worthless to ally in. Their power might be baked into their alligance abilities, but that just means I wont have to bother buying one. 

yebbut... AoS imperial Knights with maneater armigers.