The Rumour Thread

As someone who is not likely to play this army, this is weirdly the most hype release for me. Maybe it is the idea that they can be used in any army, maybe it is the prospect of coming across them on the tabletop one day, maybe it is the cool lore and custom jobs that I will spend the next few weeks looking up... but most of all it is @KingBrodd finally getting some long waited for Giant love.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

As someone who is not likely to play this army, this is weirdly the most hype release for me. Maybe it is the idea that they can be used in any army, maybe it is the prospect of coming across them on the tabletop one day, maybe it is the cool lore and custom jobs that I will spend the next few weeks looking up... but most of all it is @KingBrodd finally getting some long waited for Giant love.

Thank you so much mate I really appreciate it!!

1 minute ago, Nezzhil said:

@KingBrodd oh my king! Finally your troops are coming to learn how to the big guys stomp the world!!!

My lads have come home!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

The same goes for me! I won´t probably buy a single mega gargant, but I´m hyped to see the how the range of armies expand in such an original way, so pumped for future Sons of Behemath players! (I´m only midly preocupied that the SoB turns into the equivalent to the 40k knights in how they broke the game... I hoped that they are properly balanced)

Edited by Jymmy
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Last time GW sold a box with two giatns, as part of their ally boxes thing, it was only a little more expensive than the cost of the regular one-giant box. £45 to the single box's current £40-ish. Gods willing we'll see the same again, even if it might be too good to be true. Particularly as folks will presumably be aiming for getting their mancrushers in groups of three, to balance out a list with mega-gargants, e.g. 3 regular boys and a mega-boy for roughly 1000 pts.

Also in retrospect Mancrusher is a fine name altogether but lacks the charm of Roald Dahl's 'Manhugger'.

On the other hand, with the offer of a cheap dual box everyone who already has an old Giant model lying around (quite a few of us, I imagine) feels like he is already half-way towards a full Battleline. 

Edited by Beastmaster

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I know what you mean.  Last weekend I was telling my husband that I really hoped the Sons of Behemat came out soon.  And he asked why since I wasn't going to be buying a new army (he's mean that way) and I explained that King Brodd needed them and he thought I was crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • LOVE IT! 3

5 minutes ago, Angela said:

I know what you mean.  Last weekend I was telling my husband that I really hoped the Sons of Behemat came out soon.  And he asked why since I wasn't going to be buying a new army (he's mean that way) and I explained that King Brodd needed them and he thought I was crazy.

Eheh congrats to @KingBrodd

Hope you’ll enjoy the new toys soon :) 

48 minutes ago, Angela said:

That's so sweet thank you!!

41 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Eheh congrats to @KingBrodd

Hope you’ll enjoy the new toys soon :) 

Cheers mate!!

4 hours ago, zamerion said:

I'm happy for the gargants, but i was expecting a preview seminar announcement for next week... :(

Anyone want to speculate about this year's Battleforces?

Ossiarch Bonereapers - Seems like a lock, similar to the Gloomspite release last year

+ Mortek Crawler
+ Mortek Guard
+ Gothizzar Harvester (Could also see Kavalos Deathriders)
+ Arch- Kavalos Zandtos

Lumineth - Might be too hot on the heels of the poorly selling LE box

+Avalenor, the Stoneheart King
+ Alarith Stoneguard X2
+ Alarith Stonemage

Other potential candidates

+ Beastclaw (Good sons of Behemat allies)
+ Ogors (Ditto)
+ Daughters of Khaine (In support of the new campaign)
+ Daemons of __________ (Any of the factions could work, Nurgle or Slaanesh seem most viable model-wise)

44 minutes ago, wargames101 said:

Anyone want to speculate about this year's Battleforces?

Ossiarch Bonereapers - Seems like a lock, similar to the Gloomspite release last year

+ Mortek Crawler
+ Mortek Guard
+ Gothizzar Harvester (Could also see Kavalos Deathriders)
+ Arch- Kavalos Zandtos

Lumineth - Might be too hot on the heels of the poorly selling LE box

+Avalenor, the Stoneheart King
+ Alarith Stoneguard X2
+ Alarith Stonemage

Other potential candidates

+ Beastclaw (Good sons of Behemat allies)
+ Ogors (Ditto)
+ Daughters of Khaine (In support of the new campaign)
+ Daemons of __________ (Any of the factions could work, Nurgle or Slaanesh seem most viable model-wise)

I really hope if they do BCR it includes 4 Stonehorn sprues, the mawpot, and a plastic firebelly. Maybe one less stonehorn to include a plastic icebrow hunter and 4-8 plastic frost sabres.

6 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

I really hope if they do BCR it includes 4 Stonehorn sprues, the mawpot, and a plastic firebelly. Maybe one less stonehorn to include a plastic icebrow hunter and 4-8 plastic frost sabres.

Probably not going to happen, since they don’t usually put any new models or terrain pieces exclusively in battle force box, only existing plastic models from the range. Plastic Icebrow, Sabres , and Firebellies don’t even exist yet.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Probably not going to happen, since they don’t usually put any new models or terrain pieces exclusively in battle force box, only existing plastic models from the range. Plastic Icebrow, Sabres , and Firebellies don’t even exist yet.

Isn't the Underworld set a plastic icebrow and sabre?

Firebelly could easily be made from the Blood Bowl set.

2 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Isn't the Underworld set a plastic icebrow and sabre?

Firebelly could easily be made from the Blood Bowl set.

Yes but not in a configuration you can play as an icebrow hunter + the minimum of two sabretusks. not to mention a different base size. 
And you can convert both of them from anything but GW won’t put a conversion project in an army box. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Yes but not in a configuration you can play as an icebrow hunter + the minimum of two sabretusks. not to mention a different base size. 
And you can convert both of them from anything but GW won’t put a conversion project in an army box. 

You are correct. If they'd be selling the Underworlds team without cards, it would be really close to the price of the hero + 2 kitties, because the hunter is really overpriced separately. The hunter + cards + kitty + gnoblars is cheaper than just the hunter.

If I'd be playing BCR, I'd buy two Underworld kits and kitbash the second hunter into a firebelly (with some spare stuff from a big model). I won't pay €32.50 for a foot hero hardly bigger than a Stormcast etb.

Edited by zilberfrid

These boxes would probably not happen, but it would be cool if they did and might draw people in to armies we do not see much:

Cities of Sigmar - Hammerhall freeguild. General on Griffon, 2 units of demigryphs, a mix of guard, greatswords and/or handgunners.

Ogors - Tyrants - Ironguts, gluttons, ironblaster, gnoblars

OBR - Cav focus with Liege, 2 units of deathriders, some stalkers, possibly morghasts.

Especially a hammerhall box would require immense willpower for me not to start that cities army ;)

Lumineth had a poor selling box, but at the same time they were brand new and they hit right at the same time as a lot of Corona and lockdown events. It also shattered their release and delayed it by months. So what would likely have sold well on th back of more general releases and hype and games being played; sort of stalled. A bad time for a brand new army. 

That said we should be careful at treating "sold out" as our base line for a good selling product from GW.

I think Lumineth will sell over time, esp. if they get new units at some point. High elves always have their fanbase in the fantasy genre, and the models are well done. I’d consider their infantry and cavalry miniatures the most convincing/high quality high elf miniatures I so far saw. And I’m not even a fan.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

I think Lumineth will sell over time, esp. if they get new units at some point. High elves always have their fanbase in the fantasy genre, and the models are well done. I’d consider their infantry and cavalry miniatures the most convincing/high quality high elf miniatures I so far saw. And I’m not even a fan.

Perhaps, although in my experience even players who normally gravitate to elven armies has given this army a pass. I think this is due to 2 major factors which is being talked about.

1. The model design of especially the Alarith is divisive to say the least, GW might have gained a lot from being just a bit more safe here and gone with something else than cows and those crazy hats, the entire army is becoming a meme from that stoneguard hat alone.

2. A lot of NPE talk is going around. This is bugging me a bit actually and happened to a degree with OBR as well, everyone perceiving the army as powerful and then you have some people stating things like "uuugh I refuse to even play against anyone bringing this new overpowered nonsense", which is discouraging for many. 

This overall gives the army sort of a bad reputation out of the gate, with or without justification is partly subjective at least. A real shame though, I have tried getting someone interested in picking them up at the local game scene, as I'd like to see them in play.