The Rumour Thread

6 hours ago, Enoby said:

RE the topic of pricing and getting friends into the hobby. It's strange, while I don't like the Lumineth prices, on the whole I would say that playing Warhammer is about as expensive as most other hobbies overall, and cheaper than others - it just depends on how you buy into the hobby.

Comparing it to YuGiOh, you can spend £100-300 on a good deck, and will probably have to change it once every 6 months - 1 year depending on ban lists and meta. In addition to this, most decks go out of meta and become unfun to play after a while to the point where there most expensive cards are just costly bits of cardboard that might look nice. It's a massive investment to play and continue to play at even a local level unless you're okay with losing a lot - far more expensive than Warhammer where you only have to buy one £500 army for non-perishable entertainment; army power cycles but even the weakest AoS army stands a better chance than the weakest deck.

The big difference is it costs about £10 to buy a beginner YGO deck and try out the game in its entirety;  while you won't stand a chance against strangers, you can have a fun time against another person playing a beginner deck and you get a full sense of the game. With WH, both players need to buy in a sizable amount (£50 start collecting at least) to get even a small sense of what a full game is like. 

I think this is what makes it so difficult for new players. You can get a great game out of one of the starting boxes, and the easy build stuff is cheap for us, but it's still a big investment for someone who isn't 100% sure about starting. If they don't like the starting armies, this is even harder. 

How did you start?

For me and most of my friends I think, it's by playing someone else's army. So I got full games in way before I started buying. I'm pretty sure I bought a book for an army I borrowed so I could make lists at home and only after doing that for a while I switched over to Dwarfs.

Like any sensible person would do... and not start Skaven only months after that as well...

14 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Now what's the first you notice?

For many, it's the sword hands being oversized. That's an issue though, scale is wildly inconsistent.

IMG_20200919_171329559_HDR.jpg

I noticed the cat in the background 😂 

Mine one day decided to get in the miniature cupboard scaring me to hell but no damage luckily.

5 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

I noticed the cat in the background 😂 

Mine one day decided to get in the miniature cupboard scaring me to hell but no damage luckily.

Pictures are attention, and I prefer to take them in sunlight. It's not that obvious here, but a model I made for a friend was being intimidated earlier (dragon familiar from a high elves' helmet and body from a sister of the watch, the rest is Frostgrave and sculpting):

IMG_20200907_161231205.jpg

Edited by zilberfrid
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

It's not that obvious here, but a model I made for a friend was being intimidated earlier (dragon familiar from a high elves' helmet and body from a sister of the watch, the rest is Frostgrave and sculpting):

IMG_20200907_161231205.jpg

That’s when he decided I should not play Gloomspite...

01642DAE-A9EC-4279-98F8-C65738031B99.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

7 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

Cats can pretend to be comfortable on lots of things. Especially if those things are boxes.

7 hours ago, Sttufe said:

God I feel bad for that cat, why would it do that? It hurts my hand to hold the sprues, let alone sit on one.

I feel you mate:0E580674-A36B-410F-9DB8-107ACF9F3D46.jpeg.2eb5354334456c6625c491b4ee8c094a.jpeg

although mine probably got jealous of my models, getting more loving patting then he did.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I feel you mate:0E580674-A36B-410F-9DB8-107ACF9F3D46.jpeg.2eb5354334456c6625c491b4ee8c094a.jpeg

although mine probably got jealous of my models, getting more loving patting then he did.

Mine can also be quite dramatic, but prefer to jump on my lap, with their tails high up for better cat hairing of paint.

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

Mine was just trying to hopp onto my shoulders to abuse my beard while I tried to paint 😢

R.I.P Sister of Slaughter - You were Sabotaged by a cat

723B9010-4376-4A8F-A99D-29BC05379910.jpeg.30cdcdf0d8108f24786fcc98716963cb.jpeg

My cats haven't destroyed any models (they are missing a lot of teeth due to inbreeding and a former owner being careless), but once my cat jumped on my lap while I was superglueing. I was startled a bit, and that Escher lady got a movement characteristic it'll never get in game. Your cat is nicer for your paintjobs, but mine has a tail from which the model could easily be clipped off.

I also tried making them into models (cats and catacombs):

IMG_20200617_211141579.jpg

• Like 5

These new Gargants are lot more feline, and surly, than I anticipated...

I have to say I feel that releases I want most that have the biggest gap between reveal to release (last time being Death Guard). I really do hope we see more this weekend. I’d like to know if there is a Brodd or other characters in the kit or even in a separate kit. I’m hopeful that their success may see expansions from forgeworld And maybe even other Gargant kits. Hell there will undoubtedly bee some clever artisans that make some compatible bits to customise these even further. I really do hope FW consider redoing their Chaos Dwarf Siege Giant kit with the Mega gargant as a base. This and more wishlisting 😂

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Less of 48 hours to start the gargantpocalypse!!!

I hope we will get a rebrand of the classic gargant box with new bits. It's the only explanation for the low distribution overseas to me. My LGS is getting a lot of problems to restock them.

I think the rebrand is a sure thing!! Not sure about the extra bits but by george that would bw welcome.

57 minutes ago, Kronos said:

These new Gargants are lot more feline, and surly, than I anticipated...

I have to say I feel it the releases I want most that have the biggest gap between reveal to release (last time being Death Guard). I really do hope we see more this weekend. I’d like to know if their is Brodd or other characters in the kit or even in a separate kit. I’m hopeful that their success may see expansions from forgeworld And maybe even other Gargant kits. Hell there will undoubtedly bee some clever artisans that make some compatible bits to customise these even further. I really do hope FW consider redoing their Chaos Dwarf Siege Giant kit with the Mega gargant as a base. This and more wishlisting 😂

I think there will certainly be extra bits we havent seen yet on the sprue so perhaps more options are available in the Tome. As for Brodd I think they will wait and see in a year or so if the Faction and models sell well and then will consider doing another kit like they did with the Imperial Knights.

Well on the plus side yay necron stuff. 

On the downside no AoS stuff. Also considering how much Marine and Necron stuff there is, that isn't a huge amount of stuff for a launch. Then again there's going to be at least two weeks of releases worth so that might clean up a lot more. Necrons at least still have several leaders, troops and other weapons to come. 

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

Just saw this on Facebook, looks like it’s Necrons and Marines starting on the 3rd. Not sure if they only posted this and there’s AoS stuff is missing from the list (it was in the Necron group), or if the SoB are further out than I expected. 

21C5EB26-665E-4A99-846D-463A17956676.jpeg

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Well on the plus side yay necron stuff. 

On the downside no AoS stuff. Also considering how much Marine and Necron stuff there is, that isn't a huge amount of stuff for a launch. Then again there's going to be at least two weeks of releases worth so that might clean up a lot more. Necrons at least still have several leaders, troops and other weapons to come. 

So were thinking back to the 10th for Pre Order for the Sons? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe that was just a 40K sheet.

I think is fake.

GW is talking almost every day about the release of the SoB very soon.

If it is true that means a lot of weeks with 40k releases, it's very strange, they usually alternate games releases.

40k have fake rumours every month.

Another point is Ben painting two armies, the Gargant army a few weeks ago and the Troggoth army at this moment... he knows things...

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The conversions this kit are going to make are going to be insane and we havent even seen all the extra bits!!

That is what i really hope for , It is one of things  I like so much about the aleguzzler set too, and I kinda exoected the new mega gargant set to be something similar. i started to doubt lately. though. So far i have seen no sign of anthing  else than what was on the three built options shown at the original reveal. I.e. the latest picture shared on facebook of the kraken  eater ( named character, dont knw the name by heart), which is  clearly a different paint job  but doesnt seem to have any other bits  than what was on the karaken eater shown at the reveal, or any picture of it shared after that. unless I missed it of course.

And maybe it is also not realistic to expect more from a kit that already have three built options  which are all quiet different  from eachother. That is already a lot of plastic left after buikding one of them.

is there any particular reason why you are so sure there will be any more  bits in the box not yet shown? Please say there is :)

Edited by Lowki

Ok, we're on date with the audiobook. I was thinking that the audiobook is released the 10th but that date is the pre-order so it's fine and I'm happy again!!!!Ok, we're on date with the audiobook. I was thinking all the time that the audiobook is released the 10th but that date is the pre-order so it's fine and I'm very happy again, they are coming as we expected!!!!

behemat-ocrober.jpg

• LOVE IT! 1