The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, El Syf said:

It's going to be exciting to see the other faction specific ones, hoping Death get something nice.

Mega Gargants is going to be a really weird release given all factions can benefit from them. Looking forward to it. :)

I would say Chaos and Death will recieve a Mega as well, I could very well see Chaos having a Warstomper and Death a Gatebreaker, that cowl on the Gatebreaker would fit in very well with a Nighthaunt army ;)

Itll be a fantastic release in that technically every Faction is receiving a new model!!

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I would say Chaos and Death will recieve a Mega as well, I could very well see Chaos having a Warstomper and Death a Gatebreaker, that cowl on the Gatebreaker would fit in very well with a Nighthaunt army ;)

Itll be a fantastic release in that technically every Faction is receiving a new model!!

I just wish it was a hero. Nighthaunt desperately need a hero with more than 7 wounds.

47 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Do we know of any incoming armies beyond the Gargants? I just received a fat giftcard from work but honestly none of the new releases are really appealing to me. I hope to god the Vampire stuff is something real because that does sound appealing to me.

The only news we have is the new Morathi expansion/story/campaign book and duel battleforce (Daughters of Khaine and Slaanesh). After that we've a new Warcry duel box (flame guys and Daughters of Khaine warbands).

With October being mostly Necrons and Marines and November being the AoS releases I just mentioned that takes us up to December, which is typically a slower month for new stuff and when we see things like Christmas discount boxes and the like.

As for 2021 we've no idea what is to come at present. We do have rumours of Vampires (soulblight) and Shadow Aelves as two armies that most people are very sure will appear in some form at some stage. But they have been like that since AoS began so we've no idea if/when they appear. 

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/24/the-history-of-the-world-titan/

Finally getting some of that sweet, sweet giant lore!

Can anyone fill us in on how much of that art is likely from the new tome? The piece with the Fyreslayers is utterly amazing and the exact type of art I have been wanting from this book.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

8 minutes ago, Still-young said:

I like the almost reverse Kronos/Titan myth - rather than him eating his children, they started off inside him and broke out. 

Yeah this is cool, an earthier and more fairy-tale version of the Kronos myth. A bit of Ymir as well of course.

I hope they lean into the ambiguity with the SoB background, like it's a mix of real historical events, misremembered stuff and boastful tall tales on the part of the gargants ("the gargants claim that duardin are short because Behemat stamped them flat or that the men of Shyish have no meat on their bones because Behemat ate it all" is delightful) and myths or folktales of the other peoples of the realms.

20 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

Can anyone fill us in on how much of that art is likely from the new tome? The piece with the Fyreslayers is utterly amazing and the exact type of art I have been wanting from this book.

Pretty sure it's all new apart from the image of Sigmar fighting that rhinoceros thing, which dates to AoS 1st ed.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

now we're only a week or 2 away from those Mega-Gargants finally being on sale I'm just going to leave this article here for @KingBrodd.

the aftermath of victory can be bittersweet and I myself know what it can be like to cry salt tears when you realise there are no more worlds to conquer.

https://theconversation.com/how-olympic-athletes-grapple-with-life-once-the-thrill-is-gone-92231

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

36 minutes ago, BaylorCorvette said:

Well there's a bunch, so I made a post that has a bunch of pictures along with the lore I wrote. Check it out here:

Damn those look brutal! 
So weird how just making swole vampires suddenly feels as whole new take! I hope they do that if they ever do a Khorne Vampire faction. 

Nice conversions as well. Warshrine is probably my favorite, but also very nice use of the 40k range. will there be more Tyranids monsters in there?