The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, willange said:

1C15F050-8DA8-48C3-A239-FBC699884E14.jpeg.865c2d8fa8ae6c65e8fc615bf6832a04.jpeg

Actually, this looks sort of like it could be a fox paw with an extra digit at the back.  

The base looks similar to some of the ruined Lumineth bases.

I think this will turn out to be either one of the strange and less well-described Water temple creatures/steeds, or (more likely) one of the Wind Temple "fox-faced" wind spirits with the big bows.  That's what I'm feeling anyway.  It always struck me that since that was one of the better-described creatures in the book that they must have at least worked out the model to some degree when they wrote the book.  Considering the book was likely done back in December (and thus the model even earlier) I don't find it unlikely at all that we could be seeing rumour engine pics of it now.

I like your theory and i see where you are coming from, but the Lumineth tome just released and i doubt that they will be teasing new minis that are atleast a year away from release.

And i think Lumineth are going to become the next "stormcasts" in the sence that they will have a major-ish release once a year for the forseable future.

InitiallyI thought it was kurnothi. But the crow with the key which definitley has matching rubble just doesn’t fit the Kurnothi vibe. Does have an Ulgu feel. I reckon this is the leg of a Daemon shadow aelf. And actually it’s not too different from chaos Fury legs. So being an Aelf, I could imagine the Daemon aspect to be more muted and softer, hence the dog like padding. Or not, I never guess these right 😅

524D6037-37DC-4B92-9DE9-DBDBAB13A3E9.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captaniser said:

I like your theory and i see where you are coming from, but the Lumineth tome just released and i doubt that they will be teasing new minis that are atleast a year away from release.

And i think Lumineth are going to become the next "stormcasts" in the sence that they will have a major-ish release once a year for the forseable future.

If they go with a "post 1 year" release, then the timeline might dead on.  Rumour Engine pics are typically released ~4 months before the model  is officially revealed (that varies widely though).  Then, add a couple months from reveal to release.  If you consider that Lumineth was originally slated for a March 2019 release, then a March 2020 release for this model doesn't seem too far fetched.

But I concede that I'm probably wrong.  If I'm right, it will be my first time.

2 hours ago, Captaniser said:

I think that's right. The Stormcast range is pretty well filled out and it seems like it struggles to sell at times (The Stormcast Battleforces always sell slowly, 2019's is still available, etc.) so a new set of poster elves would make sense. Also, this verbiage from the last LRL update is more forward looking than most such announcements;

"These releases complete the initial Lumineth Realm-lords range and round out their tactical toolbox."

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/06/the-will-of-the-mountain/

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, wargames101 said:

I think that's right. The Stormcast range is pretty well filled out and it seems like it struggles to sell at times (The Stormcast Battleforces always sell slowly, 2019's is still available, etc.) so a new set of poster elves would make sense. Also, this verbiage from the last LRL update is more forward looking than most such announcements;

"These releases complete the initial Lumineth Realm-lords range and round out their tactical toolbox."

I feel like we will get Stormcast for the next edition only for the symmetry of having a box of Stormcast vs each grand alliance. It makes no actual or practical sense for this rule to be followed, but I still feel it will be the case. I think for any future editions the mixes might be more dynamic and interesting but I think having Stormcast vs. Khorne, Stormcast vs. Nighthaunt and then Lumineth vs. blank would feel less rounded off than Stormcast vs. Destruction force.

But I would be very happy to be wrong. 

• Like 1

The new Heroquest seems a bit hollow without the connection to the Warhammer world. Not sure if slightly changing the art and background is fair to GW either. Will be interesting to see if GW legal have any thoughts about the new game. It’s a pity they couldn’t collaborate again and have the game set in the Old World.

Still, I like the new dice and most of the furniture!

5 hours ago, wargames101 said:

The whole Lumineth release was pretty strange, due to the Covid 19 issues and also because how they treated it from the start in all those preview shows. When we already had seen basically all the models - they still were talking like "gee, that's just the tip of the iceberg" ... and then nothing happened .... besides them putting a ton of hints about other models into the BT and writing that sentence you quoted. The current models also have clear, concrete references of still-to-be-released models on them. Something like a fox face among those ... . I'm not sure if that happened before. 

But then I doubt that they just release another Lumineth BT within the next year. That also would be pretty strange ... and it's not like they are a cheap range. Even for someone like me who spend a lot of money on them, there is a limit to what I want to do. 

Maybe it makes sense within the Broken Realms campaign? They could easily release another temple (3,4 units) and more within that I guess. If that campaign is similar in length to Psychic Awakening and aelf centric, they could add quite a lot of models over time to the Lumineth (would be totally different though to anything they have done so far). I'm really looking forward to what the DoK (and maybe the Idoneth) get in "Morathi", that should clarify a lot about what to expect from that campaign.  

I don't think the rumour engine is related to the Lumineth though, because on how the base looks. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

The new Heroquest seems a bit hollow without the connection to the Warhammer world. Not sure if slightly changing the art and background is fair to GW either. Will be interesting to see if GW legal have any thoughts about the new game. It’s a pity they couldn’t collaborate again and have the game set in the Old World.

Still, I like the new dice and most of the furniture!

Will the furniture and the miniatures be in scale with the 28+ mm heroic of current GW models? 
If yes, we could easily substitute models with GW models to make it more Warhammery.

I‘m actually not that impressed by the HQ models anyway. Though I think almost everything in that box could be used for that weird RPG-Tabletop hybrid running around in my head... 😄

Edited by Beastmaster

Lumineth Realm Lords do seem to be a bizarre release. Obviously Covid has had a big impact, but it feels like something was changed last minute. I don't think this could be the case (as battletomes and models are created so far off in advance), but it seems like they spent some effort in marketing and in the battletome talking about the different temples only to release the generic troops and mountain temple. On it's own, Lumineth does seem like a very small army, so do many AoS armies, but LRL feel almost incomplete. 

To add to this, their battlebox not selling out, their strange pricing, and how long it's taken the models to become available has left the release feeling weird. Two of these things were Covid related, so I'm not trying to lay blame to GW.

I don't know what went on when designing this army, but it feels like it was meant to be bigger than it ended up being; not in the way that they're hyping a second wave, but more like there were more models planned than we got. As if it was originally intended to be an Ossiarch or Stormcast sized release, but ended up being cut back somewhere down the pipeline. 

I hope this means we'll see the other temples later down the line. I also hope the strange situation and high pricing around the army doesn't put people off enough that it sells too poorly for another wave. 

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Lumineth Realm Lords do seem to be a bizarre release. Obviously Covid has had a big impact, but it feels like something was changed last minute. I don't think this could be the case (as battletomes and models are created so far off in advance), but it seems like they spent some effort in marketing and in the battletome talking about the different temples only to release the generic troops and mountain temple. On it's own, Lumineth does seem like a very small army, so do many AoS armies, but LRL feel almost incomplete. 

To add to this, their battlebox not selling out, their strange pricing, and how long it's taken the models to become available has left the release feeling weird. Two of these things were Covid related, so I'm not trying to lay blame to GW.

I don't know what went on when designing this army, but it feels like it was meant to be bigger than it ended up being; not in the way that they're hyping a second wave, but more like there were more models planned than we got. As if it was originally intended to be an Ossiarch or Stormcast sized release, but ended up being cut back somewhere down the pipeline. 

I hope this means we'll see the other temples later down the line. I also hope the strange situation and high pricing around the army doesn't put people off enough that it sells too poorly for another wave. 

Well I remember reading that High Elves were a big seller in WFB [like one of the biggest sellers], so they could be following that and building a faction that expands over time, temples rather than the Stormcast Chambers. This is from ages ago when Warseer was still going but I think Harry mentioned it and he was very well informed. 

10 hours ago, Kronos said:

InitiallyI thought it was kurnothi. But the crow with the key which definitley has matching rubble just doesn’t fit the Kurnothi vibe. Does have an Ulgu feel. I reckon this is the leg of a Daemon shadow aelf. And actually it’s not too different from chaos Fury legs. So being an Aelf, I could imagine the Daemon aspect to be more muted and softer, hence the dog like padding. Or not, I never guess these right 😅

524D6037-37DC-4B92-9DE9-DBDBAB13A3E9.jpeg

I think it looks too pure animal for a demon- its some kind of creature or ' were, it seems large for a normal sized animal though. The basing could be from Warcry catacombs or maybe a new Quest game? So maybe not indicative of the faction but the setting.. in fact I'd bet its for catacombs..

17 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Couple of additional thoughts to this from my end are:

- why the special edition battletome in the box? Makes the starting point so much more expensive. Maybe they just wanted to test it? 

- with the release of stormcast they also talked about the other ‘branches’ of their military. So I’m not that surprised there. Helps sell the faction if you know more stuff is coming. 

- as you say. I can’t see how Corona would have meant them splitting things up. The production time on the book would have prevented that. Kinda proof is that the gargants are in the ghb2020

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

How is miniature production getting along right now? Are they still severely limited by Corona?

Not too sure on GW production but virus rules are pretty limiting still (e.g. I'm still working from home 3 days of the week) and there's been a fresh wave of restrictions... with a full lockdown being threatened if things don't get better. 

Better get your Agrax Earthshade in. 

Edited by lare2

51 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Not too sure on GW production but virus rules are pretty limiting still (e.g. I'm still working from home 3 days of the week) and there's been a fresh wave of restrictions... with a full lockdown being threatened if things don't get better. 

Better get your Agrax Earthshade in. 

And then there is Brexit looming. 😬

Must be a nightmare in those times to calculate a release and to ensure shops worldwide keep well-stocked. Seriously.

1 hour ago, kor said:

If the mega-gargants are the AOS equivalents of the 40k Knights, could a ForgeWorld godbeast be the titan equivalent? A man can dream ...

13 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Now that you mention it, the FW Bonegrinder is only head and shoulders above the new Mega-Gargants. 

That's pretty big.

I guess.

1 minute ago, Grim Beasties said:

WE NEED TO GO BIGGER

A King Brodd kit could stand taller than a Bonegrinder still!! Bring me a Gargant worthy of Behemat!!

• Like 2