The Rumour Thread

White Dwarf's next Month: Glogg's Megamob

It sounds a very very gargant name to me.

But... I think it will be troggoths...

EDIT: Ok, the backsheet cover is an image of a Troggoth artwork... so... as always is the next theme month issue.

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 6

On 9/14/2020 at 4:49 PM, KingBrodd said:

5EB587AB-46C9-47E0-862E-098D6AB0FC57.jpe

Back to this Rumour Engine, could this be a Mawtribes Warcry Warband?

The smaller shield on the plate IS an Ironbreaker shield, which is around the size of an ogor's gutplate. which scales this model up in size considerably. My first guess would be a bit in the new Gargant kit that we havent seen yet, but it seems appropriately sized for a stonehorn/thundertusk shoulder plate, so maybe it is a "Frost King" model?
Its definitely destruction, doesn't look like ironjawz, bonesplitterz, or Gitz, and seems too big to be the gutplate to an ogor. That means either Gargants, or some kind of Ogor monster in my books.
I suppose it could work as an actual shield for something big, like an Ogor or a Bullgor, but the aesthetic doesn't fit well with either (Ogors don't use shields).
If it is something new it could be scrap on a gitmob/Grotbag contraption of some sort.

3 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

The smaller shield on the plate IS an Ironbreaker shield, which is around the size of an ogor's gutplate. which scales this model up in size considerably. My first guess would be a bit in the new Gargant kit that we havent seen yet, but it seems appropriately sized for a stonehorn/thundertusk shoulder plate, so maybe it is a "Frost King" model?
Its definitely destruction, doesn't look like ironjawz, bonesplitterz, or Gitz, and seems too big to be the gutplate to an ogor. That means either Gargants, or some kind of Ogor monster in my books.
I suppose it could work as an actual shield for something big, like an Ogor or a Bullgor, but the aesthetic doesn't fit well with either (Ogors don't use shields).
If it is something new it could be scrap on a gitmob/Grotbag contraption of some sort.

I believe it's one of two things. Its either an extra from the Mega Gargant kit, meaning hopefully we can make a semi-armoured Gargant. OR it's a new Ogor model, maybe even a named Hero to go with Broken Realms?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I believe it's one of two things. Its either an extra from the Mega Gargant kit, meaning hopefully we can make a semi-armoured Gargant. OR it's a new Ogor model, maybe even a named Hero to go with Broken Realms?

I am conflicted as to which option I prefer. 

I think it will depend on how flamboyant and fun the Ogor model would be, as we already have a cool and tough looking Tyrant.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I am conflicted as to which option I prefer. 

I think it will depend on how flamboyant and fun the Ogor model would be, as we already have a cool and tough looking Tyrant.

As am I!! Of course I'd love for the Megas to have many more options but I also love the Mortal Realms and seeing them expanded with Characters would be wonderful.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

It could be even a roaming monster for Warcry season 2 such as the fomoroid crusher 

yes, the smaller shield is from ironbreakers

And someone already pointed out that it looks like the stonehorn shoulder pad

Spoiler

99120213016_HuskardOnStonehorn04.jpg

• Like 2

Something to be aware of, the UK is considering a second lockdown. 

This might well mean that GW gets closed down once again for several weeks, with resulting slowdown of releases and potential reduction of supply of models for a time. It might well not be as long/bad as the last time (one hopes) and we don't know any details. But with 3K cases a day the UK is looking like its having a second surge so its very likely we'll see a lockdown. 

I can't imagine we'll see another nation-wide lockdown as it's too expensive for the economy so GW's supply chain and our hobby will now be dependent on the compliance and social distancing of people in and around Nottingham to avoid a local lockdown. Fingers crossed for Warcry Catacombs in the next month to see me through the rough times.

3 hours ago, pixieproxy said:

Hmm, what are the chances of the Catacombs box coming soon since the Community FB page just posted about the book? :P

It's the new 40k mission expansion pack - Battle zone Pariah going on pre order next week, I think warcry will be the end of October. 

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

It's the new 40k mission expansion pack - Battle zone Pariah going on pre order next week, I think warcry will be the end of October. 

The announcement this week will be released on the 4th of october, it could be the first of the 40k codexes that were supposed to drop in october. Could also be Gargants but I bet they will be announced next sunday, since that will have them release alongside their audiobook.

10 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

A lot of stuff for the next three months and it seems the next week will be another weak week.

A great strength of our hobby is there is so much to pick and choose from and pretty much something for everyone. 

GW is doing a much better job of supporting all their games these day so don't see it a weak week, see it as a break for your wallet!! 

After all there will be hobbyists who aren't interested in AoS and will see that release as a weak week. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

After all there will be hobbyists who aren't interested in AoS and will see that release as a weak week.

Which would probably be just the space marine players.

I don’t think that the xeno player will feel a too big different.

it’s either space marines or aos.

ps:(I’m just joking😂)

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ogregut said:

A great strength of our hobby is there is so much to pick and choose from and pretty much something for everyone. 

GW is doing a much better job of supporting all their games these day so don't see it a weak week, see it as a break for your wallet!! 

Great attitude my Ogre friend. I am not into LRL or Gargants which means time to get better at actually playing the game and enjoying what I have while keeping my wallet secure from all the GW products that make me want to own everything. One Gargant's trash is another Gargant's treasure. Here is hoping for new 40k Aeldari models and Soulblight for my collection in 2021 as I don't want to save too much money 🙃

Edited by NkfPanda
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think the dearth in new releases is actually something of a positive.  The past year has had a lovely focus on AOS placing an emphasis of getting every army into a playable state. That means that anything we get going forward will actually be new which is really exciting. Broken Realms will give us the opportunity to add on to our current armies (still anticipating some IDK love).

Yes, I am itching for news and updates but for the first time in my life within this hobby every army is currently updated. 40k has just updated and will be the company's focus for the next year or so. When we get our next edition it will be 40k fans mumbling about the focus on AOS.

Also I am so excited for any and all of the rumoured and wish listed armies and look forward to any other releases: Slaanesh Mortals, Devouted of Sigmar, Dispossesed, Grotbag Scuttlers, Chaos Duardin, Soul Blight/Vampire faction, Malerion and Kurnothi aelves.... I am down for pretty much anything on the horizon!

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 6

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/09/20/sunday-preview-crusading-into-the-nexus-and-tactical-terrain/

Only 40k Terrain this week but they did say at the bottom: "You’ll also find out more about the upcoming Necrons codex and our partnership with McFarlane Toys, as well as having a giant look at the Sons of Behemat." so at least we will be seeing some Community articles for them this week

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Sons of Behemat articles! Which means their date is getting closer and closer!
Odd week of 40K releases to see them pushing the new crusade and mission packs when we still don't have a single codex for 9th edition. I get that things are not ideal, but I'd have thought they've have held those back to jointly or soon after release when they've got the marine and necron codex out into the wild.

• Like 1