The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I think the Audio Drama release has thrown me through a loop. I'll keep December in mind as possibility but I'm still hoping for the October release, I guess October 10th is the G-Day and if it isnt then I'll wait for Decemeber.

I feel like it would be a bad move to drop the audio drama before the faction proper, and it doesn't seem like a move GW would normally make. Then again, nothing's been normal this year . . .

October looks to have a pretty tight schedule. They might be able to squeeze the Sons in, but it'd be a heck of a trick. The real question is how long before they start dropping lore articles.  Not sure if it will help to determine the time-table, or make the waiting any easier, but at least it'd be something.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sactownbri said:

We do have Blood Bowl new season coming and the very Halloween themed Necromancer team. I expect them to drop in October as well, towards the end. So then SoB has too be in the next few weeks or they won’t come until we start the holiday season in November.

Blood Bowl s2 is a Holiday release, so November or December. The Necromancer team could come for Halloween I guess, but the new season isn’t coming in October. 

5 hours ago, OkayestDM said:

I feel like it would be a bad move to drop the audio drama before the faction proper, and it doesn't seem like a move GW would normally make. Then again, nothing's been normal this year . . .

October looks to have a pretty tight schedule. They might be able to squeeze the Sons in, but it'd be a heck of a trick. The real question is how long before they start dropping lore articles.  Not sure if it will help to determine the time-table, or make the waiting any easier, but at least it'd be something.

I feel the Lore articles will definitely  help. I'm not sure how long out they would start though because Lumineths began and then we went into Lockdown so they became drip fed. I agree that it would be an odd move to release the Audio Drama without the Faction as well and October is going to be stacked with releases so unless the AD release date is changed, which it very well could be, the Sons still have the slightest of chances to drop in September.

Yeah dude in my GW shop yesterday seemed to think new Blood Bowl box would be v late November, or wk 1 of December.

the undead team is, supposed to be, part of the current editions release so yeah probably late Oct or Halloween itself as that’s a Sat this year I think.

Underworlds in Dec after BB.

Behemat Oct 10

new Warcry box November... with new shattered lands box(Ed) or whatever they’re called. I’m hoping for more underground maps and scenery. I want to join them boards together to create underground maps for small AoS games.

but we shall see, everything’s all over the place innit. And the news coming out of the UK ain’t great right now & let’s be honest things aren’t going to get any less complicated over Christmas...

or indeed the new year when going by their current antics the British government finally manages to become the first state in the world to sanction itself back into being some kind of subsistence economy.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Yeah dude in my GW shop yesterday seemed to think new Blood Bowl box would be v late November, or wk 1 of December.

the undead team is, supposed to be, part of the current editions release so yeah probably late Oct or Halloween itself as that’s a Sat this year I think.

Underworlds in Dec after BB.

Behemat Oct 10

new Warcry box November... with new shattered lands box(Ed) or whatever they’re called. I’m hoping for more underground maps and scenery. I want to join them boards together to create underground maps for small AoS games.

but we shall see, everything’s all over the place innit. And the news coming out of the UK ain’t great right now & let’s be honest things aren’t going to get any less complicated over Christmas...

or indeed the new year when going by their current antics the British government finally manages to become the first state in the world to sanction itself back into being some kind of subsistence economy.

I feel like I've been in a state of partial anxiety since December.

13 hours ago, michu said:

Ok, not AoS but still Warhammer-adjacent:Zdjęcie

I hope it's a board game not a mobile one.

Since its avalon hill almost certain its a boardgame.

My main doubts are... 

- is going to have any minis?

- is GW going to be somewhat involved? 

If GW is not involved its not going to be set in the old world.

If there is some kind of license agreement could use the setting, but probably no minis.

20 minutes ago, Gotz said:

Since its avalon hill almost certain its a boardgame.

My main doubts are... 

- is going to have any minis?

- is GW going to be somewhat involved? 

If GW is not involved its not going to be set in the old world.

If there is some kind of license agreement could use the setting, but probably no minis.

Since its  lasting popularity was mainly because of the miniatures and 3D scenery, it would be a bold move to remove that. I’d rather think they’ll set it in a world that’s just enough not-oldworld that they don’t need a license. 
At least that’s what I would do. 😎

On 9/5/2020 at 10:58 AM, alghero81 said:

Black Library gives us good hints as already said:

- Sons of Behemat pre-order the 10th of October
- Morathi in November (we already knew that)
- Warcry Catacombs in October (that's earlier than expected)
- Blood Bowl could come in November maybe last week on pre-order? (on Amazon is 10th of Dec, they are usually 3-4 days late).
- Novella series this time is only 5 books and hard-back instead of soft-back (not a big fan of HB)

According to hints from black library (site and amazon) Blood Bowl new box should be pre-order last week of November for release first week of December.

Warcry Catacombs should be next month instead.

As far as I remember they never released a book/audio linked to a new product without the product itself. 10th of October Sons is a safe bet in my opinion.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Since its  lasting popularity was mainly because of the miniatures and 3D scenery, it would be a bold move to remove that. I’d rather think they’ll set it in a world that’s just enough not-oldworld that they don’t need a license. 
At least that’s what I would do. 😎

And as some people are using AoS rules for playing games in the Old World, who's gonna stop us do the same to the Heroquest.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Overread said:

Didn't GW let the Hero Quest licence laps in some form? OF course sometimes there are multiple sublicences and contracts and copyrights so even if the core lapses the whole product can be hard to deliver in original form. 

Hasbro is the one that has the heroquest license (that's why GW goes with the WarhammerQuest line), but although heroquest has a fairly generic fantasy setting (orcs, elves, barbarians, skeleton warriors...) certain pieces are clearly GW IP (fimir, bloodthirsters, etc. 

So this one is another possibility, make an almos identical game with miniatures that removes all GW IP. Doing this the game is not going to be that different from the original (I didn't know heroquest was related to warhammer for a long time XD)

13 minutes ago, michu said:

And as some people are using AoS rules for playing games in the Old World, who's gonna stop us do the same to the Heroquest.

Well, thats the cool part of the hobby, the possibility to adapt it to our tastes. 

It's not that hard  to look for an old HQ board print it on a foam board, and have some dungeon crawling fun with whatever rules you want (I've been tempted to do it for a long time XD)

3 hours ago, michu said:

I'm pretty sure that we're going to see Gargoyle. Just remove the overly Khorne symbols and voila - you have a balrog-like creature with no IP infringment!

Speaking of Gargoyles, they would make a fantastic unit for a Soulblight army.

And while Disney is at it making all of their properties Live Action could they hurry up and do Gargoyles!?

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh I was never under any assumption of seeing them for a couple weeks at least, it's just when seeing the sparse planned release it makes me think the Sons may be further off than I first thought. 

Well, we have other two weeks of potential releases... I'm gonna enumerate all the thing we are going to have in the next months for all the games

•  Underworlds: Next season is in December
  •  Warcry: Without a release date.
  • AoS: Broken Realms date is in November
  • 40k: The big releases are in October, and the next Codex are for the 4Q.
  • Necromunda: Orlocks are for the 4Q (October-November-December)
  • Titanicus: I think the season is over.
  • Aeronautica Imperialis: I think the season is over.
  • Blood Bowl: The Necromancer team and the new edition don't have any release date, but the rumours said that the next season will be an end of the year release.

So, the things that could be announced in the next two weeks are:

1. Sons of Behemat
  2. Necromancer Team
  3. Warcry Catacombs.

Also, sorry if my English is not enough good or clear.  :)

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Well, we have other two weeks of potential releases... I'm gonna enumerate all the thing we are going to have in the next months for all the games

• Blood Bowl: The Necromancer team and the new edition don't have any release date, but the rumours said that the next season will be an end of the year release.

1. Sons of Behemat
  2. Necromancer Team
  3. Warcry Catacombs.

Also the Blood Bowl treeman will be coming at some point soon presumably

2 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

1. Sons of Behemat
  2. Necromancer Team
  3. Warcry Catacombs.

Mate I really hope your predictions are true!! 

• Like 1