The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Overread said:

October 10th preorder and release would be a bit odd to release Sons on considering that October is "Necron and Marine" month where I'd wager they would have at least 2 weeks of preorders for them. Then again Sons is basically one book and one model to release so its not a huge release in terms of volume of product. 

The Audio Drama seems to be the key point in it all, besides GW telling us we wont have to wait long on Facebook and the Lumineth Allies article on Warhammer Community. Like you said it's one kit and a book so I think the October release date is quite realistic.

23 minutes ago, Overread said:

Just cross your fingers they don't end up like phyrr cats* - once teased and shown off at an event as finished sculpts and then never seen again! 

Necromunda - Escher house "pets". 

Or the Fimir models that never happened.

But seeing as the gargants have points and have been shown much more by GW in articles, I don't think they'll disappear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

I am very excited to see what's next for the mortal realms, and if I had to have a guess as to when we'll see more stuff is after the holidays. Something nice to cap off 2020 : THE END TIMES

I feel like we are going to get something undead related soon... doesn't mean a new army and could easily be a Warband for Underworlds or Warcry. Although, personally I would rather a Destruction double dip. I feel Gordrakk needs more allies in line to help him burn down Azyr. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

It was the ‘codex preview’, it was never going to have anything non-40k. 

Just as an aside I had a wry grin when this was announced

9th Ed Reveal: Keep your Old Codexes! They're coming too!

Codex Preview: New Codex for everything!

I mean I knew it was coming but two months seems a bit indecent 

13 minutes ago, Nos said:

I mean I knew it was coming but two months seems a bit indecent 

They mentioned that every faction would get a new Codex right when they announced 9th

Edit: The Cycle of old codicies becoming waste-paper  6-12 months after you bought them continues

Edited by JackStreicher

20 hours ago, Overread said:

October 10th preorder and release would be a bit odd to release Sons on considering that October is "Necron and Marine" month where I'd wager they would have at least 2 weeks of preorders for them. Then again Sons is basically one book and one model to release so its not a huge release in terms of volume of product. 

We do have Blood Bowl new season coming and the very Halloween themed Necromancer team. I expect them to drop in October as well, towards the end. So then SoB has too be in the next few weeks or they won’t come until we start the holiday season in November.

45 minutes ago, Sactownbri said:

We do have Blood Bowl new season coming and the very Halloween themed Necromancer team. I expect them to drop in October as well, towards the end. So then SoB has too be in the next few weeks or they won’t come until we start the holiday season in November.

Oh damn dude I forgot about the Blood Bowl teams...just when I composed myself to no Sons in September for their October release, I may now have to prepare myself for November.

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh damn dude I forgot about the Blood Bowl teams...just when I composed myself to no Sons in September for their October release, I may now have to prepare myself for November.

Hope for December - then you should be pleased (or at least not disappointed).

I mean its not like Sons for 2021 is expected!

2 hours ago, Overread said:

Hope for December - then you should be pleased (or at least not disappointed).

I mean its not like Sons for 2021 is expected!

I think the Audio Drama release has thrown me through a loop. I'll keep December in mind as possibility but I'm still hoping for the October release, I guess October 10th is the G-Day and if it isnt then I'll wait for Decemeber. 

Crazy to think that the Sons were supposed to drop May-June.