The Rumour Thread

48 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Hey... I've been right about more than I've been wrong about I'd say. One day I'll live that down.

Haha I just loved the optimism. The person that shouted it’s a gits endless spell eventually got it right. I’m still routing for you. 

It sounds like the different Grand Alliances can take a different named hero mega gargant as an ally. This makes sense and means that GW can give the allied versions different stats, both from those generic ones in the Battletome for Giants and also from each other. So the Chaos one can have Chaos features etc... It's a neat idea on how to add a single model kit as a generic ally to any army; whilst at the same time allowing GW to design rules that are practical for that model in different situations. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

It sounds like the different Grand Alliances can take a different named hero mega gargant as an ally. This makes sense and means that GW can give the allied versions different stats, both from those generic ones in the Battletome for Giants and also from each other. So the Chaos one can have Chaos features etc... It's a neat idea on how to add a single model kit as a generic ally to any army; whilst at the same time allowing GW to design rules that are practical for that model in different situations. 

It is also a prudent business move to limit which Gargants can ally into which grand alliance to try to create more reasons for someone to buy more than 1 box (i.e. darnit I can't ally the same Gargant into both the Lumineth and S2D armies I own).

3 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Me: - "Oh, a new article about Lumineth and allies... fine... let's go to read it... "

* Bundt Whalebiter appears *

Me: *micro hearth attack*

Literally saw the article and thought I'd take a look later, how wrong I was!! This is bloody excellent!! A named Mega Gargant!! God this has me so excited how many others are there?! Will they have their own lore?! They even confirmed that they were coming out before too long so the October 10th Pre Order date could be true for the Sons as well as the Audio Drama!! 

If you cannot tell...I'm excited.

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

Vampire coast seems cool, but I think Idoneth might be their sub like ossiarch is too tomb kings. Inadequate, and entirely dissapointing to those who want vampire coast, but a nice concept nonetheless. Now it may be pessimisim saying that we aren't getting vampire coast, but I just dont see it happening with all the new aelf releases. Personally I think the next step is going to be finishing dwarfs and arranging a 2nd war of the beard, what with the dispossessed cliffhanger and the new aelf stuff all releasing.

56 minutes ago, Sttufe said:

Seems I have gotten back in when things are starting to heat up again, I cannot wait for the SoB to come out, that will put the perfect gargant for KO onto the table with them!

I cannot wait to see what an Allied Mega Gargant for KO looks like. Does he get his own ship? Or does he hang beneath an Ironclad on a Gargantuan Hammock and drops down onto the enemy? Does he need a Dirigble suit?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sttufe said:

Vampire coast seems cool, but I think Idoneth might be their sub like ossiarch is too tomb kings. Inadequate, and entirely dissapointing to those who want vampire coast, but a nice concept nonetheless. Now it may be pessimisim saying that we aren't getting vampire coast, but I just dont see it happening with all the new aelf releases. Personally I think the next step is going to be finishing dwarfs and arranging a 2nd war of the beard, what with the dispossessed cliffhanger and the new aelf stuff all releasing.

Eh I don’t think Idoneath are spiritual successors of Vampire coast like OBR and Realmlords are to their fantasy counter parts. Mostly because they are part of Order and not Death. 

Wraithfleet from firestorm was definitely the nod towards the AoS version of Vampire coast where a naval force of Undead was lead by a soulblight vampire captain. 

of course there isn’t much rumors about vampire coast coming into AoS outside of the GW Facebook saying they may consider it but don’t have plans at the moment to make them into an army When Vampire coast was release for total war

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 9:15 AM, Beliman said:

I think that Storm of Chaos had rules for the Hellcanon too.

100% agree, that's why I said it depends on what "lost" means to you.
We have compendium armies that are 100% playable but I'm will not advise anyone buying anyone of them exclusively for AoS.

Well kind of. All compendium arms are now not legal in tournaments, while I believe Bretonnia was still playable in 8th edition tournaments. Or not?

6 hours ago, alghero81 said:

Well kind of. All compendium arms are now not legal in tournaments, while I believe Bretonnia was still playable in 8th edition tournaments. Or not?

Yes, but remember that your TO can allow them.

Btw, how many of your TO banned compendium armies? I'm starting to think that my gaming group is the only one that allows compendiums...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

I do. Yet I‘ve never heard of any other TO who has 🤔

May I ask why do you ban compendium armies/ units?
Maybe I've got a bit lucky, our Gaming Group (and  all other  gaming groups near my town that I know) allow compendium units/ armies. We even have a TO that allows Anvil of Apotheosis too.

Edited by Beliman