The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Do they not expect to sell much, and want to make as much back as possible? The limited edition box didn't sell out, so maybe that's the case, but we just don't know.

Would be interesting to know if they use this "pre-launch" boxsets as indicator for the following army pricing.
IIRC the 'Feast of Bones' box sold fast. Maybe there for OBR was 'cheaper'.

I'll hope so, else we maybe see again an price hike for future models?

Edited by FireAbend

3 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

1. By not knowing what their Mages do means not knowing anything about the rules - aha.

2. Guess who got a copy of the book too and is able to read? Correct Sir, me. I am not sure if you understand how this game works, Sir, if you did not have to raise your eyebrow conscantly while reading it.

3. The combat activation AB, Teclis against armies with little shooting. Almost the entire Lore of magic which hinders your opponents movement (in a game in which movement is king). The Cathaller ability. And that is just to name a few.

;)

1. Correct. As you mention the mages are key, if you don't know how they work, likely you haven't read it close enough to judge. 

2. Then why didn't you know how their artifacts work? : ) . 

3. Combat activation is less good than many similar abilities, are all those armies OP? Teclis - that's possible. But then you have the same problem with other armies like Nagash, Archaon etc. even more so, because Teclis is easier to kill than those. Is every army with a high priced, strong hero OP? Lore of Hysh doesn't have one spell which hinders movement of the opponent, so 0 out of 6. Lore of High Peaks has one such spell, so 1 out of 6. 1 out of 12 spells is hardly almost the entire Lore of Magic. There is another one in one of the factions, and one each of the warscrolls of the Stonemage, and Cathallar (so even Teclis can't get those). Which means you cast 0 to a maximum of 3 such spells per phase, if you take two or more squishy one-cast Wizards. Again, it looks like you haven't read the book, or at least not closely enough. Cathallar ability doesn't do much against many armies. And again, the ability is on a squishy Wizard. 

Btw. in a game where movement is king as you say - you don't think it might be a problem that the Lumineth only have one fast unit, no reserves, no teleports, no summoning, and besides Teclis no flying unit (Stonemage with MV 6 has a spell which makes him fly)? There is one spell you can cast to make another unit fast. That's it basically. 

It's possible that in the end there is a list or unit, which is just too good and has to be brought in line. They are a new faction, and that tends to happen. But it would be good to reduce the hyperbole a bit ("almost the entire Lore of Magic hinders your opponent") because of what Athrawes mentioned above. If you look at experiences of players who have had some playtime with them so far - it doesn't look like the Lumineth have an auto-win function. 

17 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

1. Correct. As you mention the mages are key, if you don't know how they work, likely you haven't read it close enough to judge. 

2. Then why didn't you know how their artifacts work? : ) . 

3. Combat activation is less good than many similar abilities, are all those armies OP? Teclis - that's possible. But then you have the same problem with other armies like Nagash, Archaon etc. even more so, because Teclis is easier to kill than those. Is every army with a high priced, strong hero OP? Lore of Hysh doesn't have one spell which hinders movement of the opponent, so 0 out of 6. Lore of High Peaks has one such spell, so 1 out of 6. 1 out of 12 spells is hardly almost the entire Lore of Magic. There is another one in one of the factions, and one each of the warscrolls of the Stonemage, and Cathallar (so even Teclis can't get those). Which means you cast 0 to a maximum of 3 such spells per phase, if you take two or more squishy one-cast Wizards. Again, it looks like you haven't read the book, or at least not closely enough. Cathallar ability doesn't do much against many armies. And again, the ability is on a squishy Wizard. 

Btw. in a game where movement is king as you say - you don't think it might be a problem that the Lumineth only have one fast unit, no reserves, no teleports, no summoning, and besides Teclis no flying unit (Stonemage with MV 6 has a spell which makes him fly)? There is one spell you can cast to make another unit fast. That's it basically. 

It's possible that in the end there is a list or unit, which is just too good and has to be brought in line. They are a new faction, and that tends to happen. But it would be good to reduce the hyperbole a bit ("almost the entire Lore of Magic hinders your opponent") because of what Athrawes mentioned above. If you look at experiences of players who have had some playtime with them so far - it doesn't look like the Lumineth have an auto-win function. 

Mate he doesn't know what he's talking about. I've resigned myself to letting the rabble rumble. That after Blade of Leaping Goldgate the usual suspects still spouting nonsense well... I'm don't even know what to say.

The Mountain King sprue looks good, straight forward to build I wonder how difficult it will be to pose.

Yeah the faction looks quite expensive, but the more lists I write the more I realize it doesn't actually require that many models. I think people setting out to buy 30/40+ wardens are going to regret their purchase. Same with going overboard with Sentinels. I'm already writing lists expecting a 10 point increase on Sentinels to quell the internet punditry class.

• Haha 2

When playing against my brother for the first time using my LRL, I went through their abilities. He did not seem best pleased about any of them and complained about them being OP before the game began. 

He was playing Chaos Dwarves, I was playing the LRL starter set. 

The game was very close, and while I did win, I only had the Light of Eltharion left (who had taken considerable damage). This process of explaining abilities, opponent calling them OP, and then playing against them and finding out they're not has happened two other times with LRL.

Their abilities do sound really strong, but besides spamming the shooting unit, LRL aren't that punchy or really that defensive without buffs. It's easy to focus on their strengths while forgetting their weaknesses. They don't have many ways to take out loads in one charge, and besides a few spells and a once per game +1 to save, they don't have many defences, especially for how much the units cost.

22 minutes ago, LuminethMage said:

it doesn't look like the Lumineth have an auto-win function. 

I didn‘t claim that at all. I said that they will be S-Tier. :)

Lumineth Are Aelves and therefor faster than most races on foot. They have cavalry, granted a lack of flying but a flying Rofl-bomb that nukes every I it within 18“ every magic phase.

once their troops will be on an objective they‘ll be really hard to shift while they slow you down so they get there first.  
They dominate the CC phase and the magic phase. Slaanesh used to dominate the CC phase and Tzeentch still is dominating magic and shooting. Very rarely has a faction turned out to be below S-Tier when it heavily dominates multiple phases or messes with the order of activation in CC.

16 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

That after Blade of Leaping Goldgate the usual suspects still spouting nonsense well... I'm don't even know what to say.

Nonsense that turns out to be right Btw. But what do I know, I am such a NOOB to TT Games, how dare I speak my opinion 😉 

I usually ignore the fanboy denialists on this forum as well, at times it seems like they worship GW as a cult 

(I also added to my goldblade comment that this depends on what the mages do, I hadn‘t had a look at their WS at the time and one of them could have been a melee Mage or even the cow could have been melee). So yeah - totally no sense comment. ^^

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Nonsense that turns out to be right Btw. But what do I know, I am such a NOOB to TT Games, how dare I speak my opinion 😉 

I usually ignore the fanboy denialists on this forum as well, at times it seems like they worship GW as a cult 

(I also added to my goldblade comment that this depends on what the mages do, I hadn‘t had a look at their WS at the time and one of them could have been a melee Mage or even the cow could have been melee). So yeah - totally no sense comment. ^^

I agree it is nonsense to speak recklessly from a position of total ignorance, and doesn't engender faith in the reliability or veracity of further statements. I'm glad you've seen the light and hopefully you will modify your behaviour. 

You also don't do your credibility any benefit when you discuss things that units do, without cost, or trade offs or as if they can do all the things that are contained in a book. I'm also hardly a GW fanboi I said that S2D players would find their book disappointing, and outright bad, but that there were at least 2 highly competitive builds in there and got shouted down. I actually think I have a pretty good track record, people seem to very much disagree with me about HoS 🤷‍♂️(post-winter faq) but other than that I doubt anyone can find me saying something early days and being clearly incorrect. 

But anyway this is the rumour thread if you really want to do to deep analysis of LRL start a thread and I'll meet you there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Beastmaster said:

The price to points ratio in battlelines seems to become a bit of a problem in some armies. I mean, I get 6 Ogor Gluttons for 26-29 € in my favorite online shops. That’s 240 points and two minimum size battlelines of useful fat. Would I pay double the amount for the same number of battleline/points? Maybe, maybe not. Maybe I’d deliberately try to go for minimal battlelines. But it doesn’t make the decision to start another army easier.

Points have never been a consideration for price. 

The only game-side element that dictates an influence on price is restrictions. Named character models that have no alternate build; models limited to only one per army etc... Those are going to get a higher price, meanwhile troops should get a lower price. The cost of the mould has to be paid for and profits ontop of that. So if you can only sell one per customer you've got to have a higher mark-up than the model you might sell a halfdozen or dozen times to the same customer.

That said this army has some odd prices. Cavalry at £40 when they are regular sized save for the spear - its just a human sized warrior on a regular horse. Nothing big nor a kit with duel or triple build options. That's a very high price. I wonder if GW hasn't set price based on an army cost which means those cavalry went up to allow the titan unit to come down a bit. 

1 hour ago, whispersofblood said:

I agree it is nonsense to speak recklessly from a position of total ignorance, and doesn't engender faith in the reliability or veracity of further statements. I'm glad you've seen the light and hopefully you will modify your behaviour. 

I hope the same for you, friend ;)

Imo S2D being not what they should be is out of question.

We can discuss about it via pm :)

Edited by JackStreicher

29 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

So as GW likes to release dice for each faction and the recent non-d6-d6s for the Lumineth proved popular, I'm willing to bet the Sons of Behemat get a single large D6 as part of their release. So large it'll crush any infantry it rolls over. I'm calling it now. 

Considering the Ogor Mawtribes dice they did, I wouldn’t be surprised actually 

3 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Rumour engine

BD0906C4-6098-4E92-A23D-741597478DDC.jpeg

An elegant weapon...for a more civilized age

looks dare I say it positively human'esque, and of a non death, non chaotic, non golden armoured variety...

though I'd be having words about that grip if I was their instructor...

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SunStorm said:

So as GW likes to release dice for each faction and the recent non-d6-d6s for the Lumineth proved popular, I'm willing to bet the Sons of Behemat get a single large D6 as part of their release. So large it'll crush any infantry it rolls over. I'm calling it now. 

32 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

Considering the Ogor Mawtribes dice they did, I wouldn’t be surprised actually 

I'm banking on it!! With a Single kit and Battletome I'm hoping for some ridiculously comical dice!! That or fingers crossed for Terrain.

9 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Rumour engine

BD0906C4-6098-4E92-A23D-741597478DDC.jpeg

Soulblight?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Can you not anymore? Im behind on Skaven I admit.

Srry mate, didn't want to tell you everything.

But have a look the skaven really did have a few interesting h its on the moulder side through the old world.

ps: ignore the rest of my post if you don’t want to get spoilered.

22 hours ago, michu said:

Only mutated rats. We even had once a named character that was actually a former human chaos warrior that was captured by Moulder and experimented upon.

Well I mean we even had a kind of dark elve hydra, with rat heads instead.

remember the good old days😋😉.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

It's kind of hard to tell, but the wrist there looks very thin, and the unusual grip suggests something a little inhuman to me?  I could see some sort of creepy, spindly vampire or nighthaunt, perhaps, but it doesn't quite read like a standard human sculpt to my eyes.

As much as I'd love new Slaanesh mortals with a Sigvald style, of course!

Edited by Lucentia
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

It's kind of hard to tell, but the wrist there looks very thin, and the unusual grip suggests something a little inhuman to me?  I could see some sort of creepy, spindly vampire or nighthaunt, perhaps, but it doesn't quite read like a standard human sculpt to my eyes.

As much as I'd love new Slaanesh mortals with a Sigvald style, of course!

The index finger on the ricasso is quite standard for gripping a Rapier. 
Rapier sounds elegant, fitting for vampires 😁

• Like 5

I am in a really odd place with these recent elegant blade designs. They seem possibly fitting for Malerion, Slaanesh mortals and Soulblight. I am inclined to agree with folks that it is the latter option... yet I am a really huge fan of all of these armies and would be excited for any of them. However, the fact that they just keep leaving us these little teases is driving me nuts... I am dying for a proper reveal.

I am also somewhat nervous about the eventual fate of Legions of Nagash as I know several players of that army.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

BD0906C4-6098-4E92-A23D-741597478DDC.jpe

So I'm going to be horrifically gauche and quote myself from back in May, when we saw a similar sword (below): it's Soulblight. Meaning we now have a few soulblight-ish hints, possibly suggesting.... well, more than one vampire model. A warband, for Underworlds or Warcry? An army, fully Soulblight? A unit of vampire champions within said army?

7N_mRu_6e_2DO3-w.jpg.60632c01cede2e36c09

On 5/19/2020 at 2:05 PM, sandlemad said:

My mind went towards wanderers as well but looking at it again, I think this definitely is a vampire. There's the drops of blood alright and I'd make a connection between those two protrusions on the blade, which have some similarities to old undead models (and current Mephiston) but the real giveaway is the combination of a curvy handguard with a straight quillons. That is characteristic of most modern GW vampire sculpts with swords. See below.

99800207007_VampireLordKonradVonCarstein

99810207006_BloodKnightsNEW02.jpg

image.png.22817eaa29693f0a87b8de998ae1fdcc.png

99800207001_WingedVampireLordNEW02.jpg

99800207003_VladvonCarsteinNEW03.jpg

New Soulblight, who up.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

I think Legions of Nagash is safe. 

It will just be like Slaves to Darkness in that it will have its own units, but will also be able to directly use and ally in units from several other distinct armies. It makes it a great "united" army which has better internal balance than a "Grand Alliance" army. 

• Thanks 1