The Rumour Thread

14 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

You may have hit the nail on the head with this one. First week Sons next week Marines then Warcry and Necrons to round out the month. 

My prediction is

3rd Oct - marines release

10th  - necrons 

17th - Sons

24th - warcry

31st? 

Nov - shadow and pain, broken realms, new bloodbowl 

• Like 1

Black Library gives us good hints as already said:

- Sons of Behemat pre-order the 10th of October
- Morathi in November (we already knew that)
- Warcry Catacombs in October (that's earlier than expected)
- Blood Bowl could come in November maybe last week on pre-order? (on Amazon is 10th of Dec, they are usually 3-4 days late).
- Novella series this time is only 5 books and hard-back instead of soft-back (not a big fan of HB)

Interesting Inferno Volume 5 is still advertised as October but I have it since few months and already read a couple of novels...

For who is interested Lady Sorrow in SB is coming April 2021 and Lumineth June 2021.

Regarding the choice of models, one of the things really affects usability of a bloated range is warscroll battalions. Who has decent ones is already cornered in a limited range of units to try the "one-drop" army. Who does not have battalions or like me likes variety and not painting the same dude over and over (crypt ghouls and grots I'm talking to you) is going to play a sub-par army and should accept it. In the end each army has its owner, you go for the style of the miniature first and then for the rules (at least most of us). I'm personally more for different elite units so I don't need to have multiple units of the same type, but then I also need to remember multiple warscrolls...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xking said:

Over 1 million views and not too many dislikes.  Good to see it wasn't disliked into oblivion.

https://youtu.be/wbEDT7agKaI

Its because those who are still trying to meme on AOS are still in the past, five years ago. The video proves they are a small echo chamber who only parrot the words of their resident youtuber who hasn't read anything. Hell, most them most likely haven't picked up a fantasy book either.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

I still have no idea how I want to theme my SoB, super excited for their lore and that audio drama

Honestly the lore has me probably more excited than the minis!! *Maybe potentially who knows?!

I'm thinking of making my Gargants themed from the forest of Gorch in Ghur or from Ghyran. I'll wait to see the Battletome for more inspiration but theyll definitely be forest themed with Celtic style blue Tattoos and markings.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

37 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Honestly the lore has me probably more excited than the minis!! *Maybe potentially who knows?!

I'm thinking of making my Gargants themed from the forest of Gorch in Ghur or from Ghyran. I'll wait to see the Battletome for more inspiration but theyll definitely be forest themed with Celtic style blue Tattoos and markings.

Personally my plan for theming is a simple one, one mega gargant who bounces between Death, Destruction, and Chaos, picking up trinkets and tatoos as he goes.

• Like 2

My hope would be to add a Mega Gargant to each of my current armies and paint them to match. Narratively, I would consider the gargants siblings that all fight under different banners but on occasion join together to smash up the mortal realms as a motley gang that needs to let some steam off. The price of this line means it is likely a few years off... but a man can dream 😔

My Idoneth would run a Kraken Eater and my Slaves to Darkness either of the other two... but the Chaos bits in the Aleguzzler and the ability to use multiple Mancrushers in a unit seems interesting... I am assuming that Man Crushers are using the old Aleguzzler kit correct? 

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

My hope would be to add a Mega Gargant to each of my current armies and paint them to match. Narratively, I would consider the gargants siblings that all fight under different banners but on occasion join together to smash up the mortal realms as a motley gang that needs to let some steam off. The price of this line means it is likely a few years off... but a man can dream 😔

All I can think of is the Bash Brothers from Mighty Ducks!! Hell yeah!!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

My Idoneth would run a Kraken Eater and my Slaves to Darkness either of the other two... but the Chaos bits in the Aleguzzler and the ability to use multiple Mancrushers in a unit seems interesting... I am assuming that Man Crushers are using the old Aleguzzler kit correct? 

Yes I believe the Aleguzzler kit will be reboxed to represent the choice of either Aleguzzler or Mancrusher.

• Thanks 1

Will Gogmagog be making an appearance then?

On 9/5/2020 at 1:20 AM, whispersofblood said:

They don't have any of those things... But I can see why you would think that. LRL are actually much easier to play against than OBR, one of the biggest differences is the phases and exactly when in the phase each ability can be used. 

I'm very happy to wait and see how they play out. But, as I write more lists and play more games I become more convinced of their precariousness not less. 

They definitely have rules, lots of rules. 

Oh they absolutely do have those rules build into their battletraits.

-1 to hit

some units ignore -1 rend (-2 if using the battletrait)

They can push units 2" away from objects and directly follow up to fill this gap. You take any objective like that.

All units are wizards.

Teclis unbinds spells without rolling dice

This is given to them by default. Every other army has to pay in some form for that.

They also have spells that do 3 things at once in a radius , like unbind endless spells, mortal wounds on 6's and enemy wizards get -2 to to cast and dispel.

All this is not even using the super special rules.  Any player with half a brain win his/her games easily.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

All this is not even using the super special rules.  Any player with half a brain win his/her games easily.

I've lost two of my first three games with LRL, 1st against Orruk Warclans, 2nd loss against Mawtribes. I guess I don't have half a brain.

How many times have you played against LrL, have you lost every time?

Edited by Athrawes
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

-1 to hit

They can push units 2" away from objects and directly follow up to fill this gap. You take any objective like that.

All units are wizards.

This is given to them by default. Every other army has to pay in some form for that.

They also have spells that do 3 things at once in a radius , like unbind endless spells, mortal wounds on 6's and enemy wizards get -2 to to cast and dispel.

Well one this is all highly specific situations, or things you pay for. 

Everything to do with Teclis obviously costs points.

They have 1 spell that does 3 things at a 10" range for the dispel and dmg, and a total of 22" for the debuff. It's also a 8+ spell. 

Stone guard, mountain spirits and Eltharion are not wizards. 

Vanarai (dawnriders, wardens and Sentinels) have -1 when in shining company which has significant trade offs in movement and board coverage you are not mentioning. 

The almighty push actually takes careful placement or the enemy unit can actually put more models on objectives not less. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

-1 to hit

All units are wizards.

It's a really small army, around 40 models in 2k. 

Every aelf death makes it harder to hold objectives.