The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, Kadeton said:

I don't really understand why this is a problem? I can't think when I last saw an army that used more than nine unique warscrolls in the same list. Heck, the current list I'm running only uses three.

Small, coherent factions with good internal balance and a strong core concept are much better than sprawling factions with dozens of options, almost all of which are garbage, in my opinion.

It is a HUGE problem. Sucks to collect, you have to paint a lot of the same kits, reduce the amount of lists and playstyles, kits with less bits (no duo kits) makes for a predictable army. 

Going to play against CoS, Stormcast, Seraphon, Gloomspite? No idea of what is gping to happen. Versus DoK? Well they will run and charge.  Does a fyreslayer army looks diferent from each other? Ironjaws? 

• Like 3

Other big news it seems that BL is now out of the doldrums and back to action

https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

Massive selection including Daughters of Khaine and Ossiarch books; a new Novella series; Gotrek and Felix omnibus 5 (2 novels and some short stories); a new Chronicles of the Old World, this time the Elves; new horror; new Necromunda - LOADS of stuff basically! 

• LOVE IT! 2

18 minutes ago, Overread said:

Other big news it seems that BL is now out of the doldrums and back to action

https://www.warhammer-community.com/blacklibrarycomingsoon/

Massive selection including Daughters of Khaine and Ossiarch books; a new Novella series; Gotrek and Felix omnibus 5 (2 novels and some short stories); a new Chronicles of the Old World, this time the Elves; new horror; new Necromunda - LOADS of stuff basically! 

Super happy to see BL back up and running!! Cannot wait to get my Ears on the Sons of Behemat Audio Drama.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, whispersofblood said:

This Blade of Leaping Gold tempest says everything a new player needs to know about the AoS community at the moment. I believe if LRL were released before or after HoS the book would have been very powerful, in our current range of battle tomes? They are definitely in the fat middle.

Not sure if i read this right.

Those guys will be a dominant force. 

Dominating the magic phase, strong shooting, dominating combat and defense.

They got all the good stuff like the Bonereapers did but a tiny bit better.

They also have the powerfull stuff by default while other armies have to pay points for upgrades or no access to it at all.

How you rate them "fat middle" is far beyond me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Faction specific audio books about dok bones, and fyre.

that’s great, can’t wait till they release one for the skaven😍

Oh me too mate!! I loved the Skaven side of the story in Spear of Shadows. For your sake and other Skaven lovers I do hope they start to get some love soon, at least in the form of some model updates.

1 hour ago, Jator said:

Can we assume that the new Warcry box will be released in October, as the novel?

gWQO7CjeVgW35nvd.jpg

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

October’s looking busy, if these novel dates are an indication. Sons of Behemat, Warcry and Space Marines and Necrons. 

You may have hit the nail on the head with this one. First week Sons next week Marines then Warcry and Necrons to round out the month. 

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Oh me too mate!! I loved the Skaven side of the story in Spear of Shadows. For your sake and other Skaven lovers I do hope they start to get some love soon, at least in the form of some model updates.

You may have hit the nail on the head with this one. First week Sons next week Marines then Warcry and Necrons to round out the month. 

Sons release 17th Oct...

5 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

Great to see those players get support but I think that pretty much means nothing new in the firm of models are coming. 

The new models are coming with the new starter set for Warcry. 
Or do you mean for Cities? I think that would have been awesome, but with their book being only a year old and a huge range to overturn it will be some time i'm guessing. Maybe Devoted to sigmar first?

39 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@Kramer I ment new CoS models. 

Yeah that’s likely going tot be a while out. I’m kinda expecting them to take things out piecemeal or just adding to it. 
Either a new city in a new realm with some specific models to that city but can also use the rest of the range. Or a full human or mixed army separate to it. So maybe devoted of sigmar, cogcities, a crusader army. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Calling it now, Malerion is the big bad of next edition with his chaos dragon elf things. Completely speculating but who knows. 

Naw, it’s gonna he Gordrakk leading the great WAAAGGGHHH!!! through the realms. Though with that “broken realms” art depicting Slaanesh breaking free who knows?

• Like 4

6 hours ago, TheR00zle said:

Naw, it’s gonna he Gordrakk leading the great WAAAGGGHHH!!! through the realms. Though with that “broken realms” art depicting Slaanesh breaking free who knows?

Well if you can smash any gate with your godbeast skull battering ram, why not accidentally smash open the prison cell gate of Slaanesh? 
He's been messing up the chains bit by bit anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Not sure if i read this right.

Those guys will be a dominant force. 

Dominating the magic phase, strong shooting, dominating combat and defense.

They got all the good stuff like the Bonereapers did but a tiny bit better.

They also have the powerfull stuff by default while other armies have to pay points for upgrades or no access to it at all.

How you rate them "fat middle" is far beyond me

They don't have any of those things... But I can see why you would think that. LRL are actually much easier to play against than OBR, one of the biggest differences is the phases and exactly when in the phase each ability can be used. 

I'm very happy to wait and see how they play out. But, as I write more lists and play more games I become more convinced of their precariousness not less. 

They definitely have rules, lots of rules.