The Rumour Thread

I think Teclis' price is affected by the fact he has a rather significant character tax. Also with the rest of the lumineth prices i can't determine if GW thought everybody would buy the Lumineth and then try to make the most money on them, or they don't think the army will be especially popular and are trying to meet their earning quotas.

Edited by Captaniser
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Ragest said:

Teclis 130€

Sentinels and Wardens 45€ each.

Light of Eltarion 32,50€

Cathallar 22,50€

That’s what my local store said.

6 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Holy what!?

Holy What!?

6 hours ago, Ragest said:

Teclis same price as Archaon for no reason and Wardens/Sentinels same as Witch Aelves. 

If these numbers are true, damn.

Edit.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

I hope core units are 20 models each one, if not, at the price of the Witch Aelves, people are going to use H-Elves or 3D printed models.

They are shown in 10s in the promo photo so thats probably the number in the box unfortunately. I take it they are an elite army not horde...😬

Telcis looks to be pretty big centre piece model you'd only buy one of so I can kind of get that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, silverstu said:

They are shown in 10s in the promo photo so thats probably the number in the box unfortunately. I take it they are an elite army not horde...😬

Telcis looks to be pretty big centre piece model you'd only buy one of so I can kind of get that. 

Yes, is clear that they´re 10 models at that price. And I was thinking about doing 2 Lumineth armies, one for me and another one for my brother... bad luck.

So... behemat next month and khaine in november?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Yes, is clear that they´re 10 models at that price. And I was thinking about doing 2 Lumineth armies, one for me and another one for my brother... bad luck.

And Skaven in December😆...

.... Well at least I was trying to convince you😂

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yeah we don't really know what's on the way beyond that Morathi box army wise. Plus I'm really keen to see what's coming for Warcry and Underworlds beyond the new starters. Hoping for something Dwarf that I can buy into. 

17 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I'm really surprised they haven't done much with Skaven - my arch nemesis...

Yea, I don’t get it too. Skaven are quite unique, they have a lot of design possibilities and afaik they are and always were quite popular. For all those reasons (I thought) they got their battletome early on. Then... nothing.

Why not cash in on their popularity with new models right and left?

Edited by Beastmaster
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I'm suprised with it being Year Of the Rat they didnt get anything. At least so far.

1 hour ago, El Antiguo Guardián said:

Sons of Behemat almost guaranteed October.

GW really shot themselves in the foot with the shared sprues (!)in the Island of Blood Box. Otherwise we would have had a few newer sculpts for Skaven. So I guess while many new Models like the Engineers, the new Rat Ogres or the Packmaster were undeniably conceived -  the Resources delegated to their Design feel somehow "wasted". It was all a short term Strategy to make as much out of the Box, but what do I know?
Also it hasn't been that long since the Skaven Battletome- I guess new Skaven-Inspired content is not too far around the corner. Skaven are pretty important in the Grand Scheme of AoS Lore afterall.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Yea, I don’t get it too. Skaven are quite unique, they have a lot of design possibilities and afaik they are and always were quite popular. For all those reasons (I thought) they got their battletome early on. Then... nothing.

Don't forget, last year was all about getting battle tomes out and armies up to speed which I think they did a great job with. 

If this year had gone to plan, we would have had Lumineth and the Sons by now and possibly know more of what's coming in the future. 

I doubt we've seen the last of Skaven. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

11 minutes ago, Aloth_Corfiser said:

GW really shot themselves in the foot with the shared sprues (!)in the Island of Blood Box. Otherwise we would have had a few newer sculpts for Skaven. So I guess while many new Models like the Engineers, the new Rat Ogres or the Packmaster were undeniably conceived -  the Resources delegated to their Design feel somehow "wasted". It was all a short term Strategy to make as much out of the Box, but what do I know?
Also it hasn't been that long since the Skaven Battletome- I guess new Skaven-Inspired content is not too far around the corner. Skaven are pretty important in the Grand Scheme of AoS Lore afterall.

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Don't forget, last year was all about getting battle tomes out and armies up to speed which I think they did a great job with. 

If this year had gone to plan, we would have had Lumineth and the Sons by now and possibly know more of what's coming in the future. 

Skaven is really a weird one. We had a big update for Gloomspite Gitz a month before the Skaven Battletome, but only got the Warlock Bombardier with the Campaignbox. They have so much potential for new models but maybe GW doesn't really know what to do with them.

In fact Gloomspite Gitz was the last army of the already existing ones that had a big model update with the Battletome Release, all other Armies after that got a Battletome and at best a Hero, Endless Spells and/or Factionterrain. (okay Slaves to Darkness got a Small Model update with the Start Collecting Box but even they basicly wait for a bigger update for their old plastic and Finecast Models.

28 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Battletomes were important and a pressing issue, I agree. I just wonder why they spent time and energy on (sometimes quite weird and exotic) miniatures, like the Kurnothi or those three goblin wolf riders that don’t fit in anywhere, when, say, a new box of ninja rats or acolytes would have sold so much better, and wouldn’t have been more work.

Edited by Beastmaster