The Rumour Thread

Random thought just had in my ongoing quest to make WHU models better in AoS without too much reworking...

what if they had Keyword: <unit name> WARBAND

with a general rule then that if a hero with <unit name> WARBAND & a unit with <unit name> WARBAND are within unit coherency of each other they count as one unit for the purpose of deployment, movement and resolving combat.

so you can keep them close together & to kill the hero you have to take out the minions first, kind of an enhanced Look Out Sir to represent how these small warbands have fought together for years and are tight AF

Might be a bit too strong for some or thematically  work for all but could make some more interesting especially as quite a few of them currently have almost no benefits to keeping the hero & unit anywhere near each other, which feels odd.

Anyway probably ****** but I’m sat in a dentists waiting room about to get drilled so humour me...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kirby said:

This sounds like an awesome project.  45 hours in means you’ve built something fun.  Thats not always easy with hybrid rulesets

Im in Korea.  So, just about as far away from Texas as possible :(  Would you consider sharing your rules?  I’d love to have a look through.

Shooting you a PM.

47 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

319245393_RecentRumorEngines.jpeg.301e35ce63dc7afb55a84023d080fed5.jpeg

VaxwJAfH0uGo2BC1.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/IAHSkHtEe8do5KQ2.jpg

This weekend preview solve at least 3 4 of them:

the boot (1st line - 1st pic)

The hammer (?) (2nd line - pic 3)

The ward (Line 2 - pic 2)

The pic (Line 2 - pic 1)

Edited by RedMax
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

With the new Ironjawz warband it's possible we'll see more recycled factions from Shadespire like Fyreslayers and Khorne.

I'm betting Fyreslayers. Their older warband got left out for season 2 (pour some Aqshy ale out for the poor lads not escaping Shadespire) and they have a very powerful lodge in the realm of beast with caverns full of magmadroth eggs and ogor allies.

They could make an impressive comeback with their fiery selves bringing along Ogor weapons and ornamented with magmadroth scales.

3 hours ago, Gothmaug said:

Next rumor engine picture is up, and it’s a shot of a flintlock pistol. Guess it could be ogor related, but I hope it’s either vampire buccaneers  or grot sky-pirates! 

the hand has a ring on it and seems human proportioned, I vote vampire 

I think vampire too with how thin that hand looks and massive that pistol is.

So unless we do get surprised by a Sky-Grot captain pumped on ghur shrooms or an Ironweld captain with a steampunk arm assisting the weight  my bet is Soulblight noble for undead WHQ.

• LOVE IT! 1

If we're wishlisting then I'd like to suggest the most outlying possibilities for underworlds warbands possible:

• Chaos Dwarfs
  • Fimir
  • Halflings
  • Snotlings (hey bloodbowl got them?)
  • and what the heck:Tomb Kings and Bretonians in the single warband.

Plus a bonus gateway game, only available at asda which pits the Stormcast Eternals against Daemons of Malal.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I'm betting Fyreslayers. Their older warband got left out for season 2 (pour some Aqshy ale out for the poor lads not escaping Shadespire) and they have a very powerful lodge in the realm of beast with caverns full of magmadroth eggs and ogor allies.

They could make an impressive comeback with their fiery selves bringing along Ogor weapons and ornamented with magmadroth scales.

I think vampire too with how thin that hand looks and massive that pistol is.

So unless we do get surprised by a Sky-Grot captain pumped on ghur shrooms or an Ironweld captain with a steampunk arm assisting the weight  my bet is Soulblight noble for undead WHQ.

I'd love to hear more about these Ghurian Fyreslayers and Ogor Allies!!

Yeah they're called Lodge Lofnir and have been around from the get go lorewise as they're the ones who built the gilded steamgird for the Lantic empire but later destroyed it for chaos' promises of Ur-gold. (Their heavy mercenary attitude probably playing into their ogor friendship)

I certainly am hoping more Ghur focus could mean a sub-faction release for them in the future to spice up the Fyreslayers with more magmadroth & fire beast variants as they specializing in raising & killing monsters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

If we're wishlisting then I'd like to suggest the most outlying possibilities for underworlds warbands possible:

• Chaos Dwarfs
  • Fimir
  • Halflings
  • Snotlings (hey bloodbowl got them?)
  • and what the heck:Tomb Kings and Bretonians in the single warband.

Plus a bonus gateway game, only available at asda which pits the Stormcast Eternals against Daemons of Malal.

Fimirs PLEASE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Yeah they're called Lodge Lofnir and have been around from the get go lorewise as they're the ones who built the gilded steamgird for the Lantic empire but later destroyed it for chaos' promises of Ur-gold. (Their heavy mercenary attitude probably playing into their ogor friendship)

I certainly am hoping more Ghur focus could mean a sub-faction release for them in the future to spice up the Fyreslayers with more magmadroth & fire beast variants as they specializing in raising & killing monsters.

This is the future I hope for AOS. Where once the Factions are more or less set in a few years* we start getting models for Sub Factions. The Lumineth could be leading the way for this type of merchandising. 

*I hope we keep getting many more varied and unique Factions. I love the possibilities of the Mortal Realms.

Edited by KingBrodd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

319245393_RecentRumorEngines.jpeg.301e35ce63dc7afb55a84023d080fed5.jpeg

The hand holding the skull in the 2nd row is the same as the hand holding the sword in the 7th row and the hand holding the gun in today's picture, so if that's Soulblight, I think we're getting more than one model. The axe in the first row fits the same style as undead too.

I still maintain that the crab claw is not for crab people or even for Idoneth Deepkin, but a crab mutation for a different race, either Chaos or a new nautical-based one. Initially, I thought it was either new Chaos Possessed, or for a Grotbag Scuttler Captain, similar to power klaws on Orks. After seeing all the images that are seemingly Soulblight and today's gun, I'm wondering if we'll see a return of the Wraith Fleet from Firestorm but as an actual faction with some of these pictures being "vampire corsair" Varkos Varactyr.

• Like 1

Just now, FFJump said:

The hand holding the skull in the 2nd row is the same as the hand holding the sword in the 7th row and the hand holding the gun in today's picture, so if that's Soulblight, I think we're getting more than one model. The axe in the first row fits the same style as undead too.

I still maintain that the crab claw is not for crab people or even for Idoneth Deepkin, but a crab mutation for a different race, either Chaos or a new nautical-based one. Initially, I thought it was either new Chaos Possessed, or for a Grotbag Scuttler Captain, similar to power klaws on Orks. After seeing all the images that are seemingly Soulblight and today's gun, I'm wondering if we'll see a return of the Wraith Fleet from Firestorm but as an actual faction with some of these pictures being "vampire corsair" Varkos Varactyr.

Ermm, it really isn't :P . The hand holding the Plaguebearer skull is probably an Horror of Tzeentcht ones, as it's spindly, deformed and of a strange color.

The axe head, the crow holding key and the 2 hands holding sword are indeed probably Soulblight Vampires.

Going by the current models and recent artworks, Vampires are more medieval and won't have guns. Today's RE looks like it wears a glove or is dark skinned. It's probably a Witch hunter (or an Admech / inquisitor / Rogue trader model for 40k).

Going by Hastings comments on War of Sigmar, Idoneth Deepkin will have the Crab Claw, the "punch" dagger with a jewel and the "normal" dagger (penultimate row).

We know at least 5 RE (the 3 pics for the Lord of Pain, 1 for the Melusai Ironscale, the Howl for the Lumineth WHU band and the hair for Lilith teased for 40k recently). There are 2 techy ones that are 40k, 2 for Orks and at least 4 that are for Nurgle (probably including a Nurgling). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JPjr said:

well so far we've had or know for sure that we have coming up...

Order
Daughters of Khaine (1)
Fyreslayers (1)
Kharadron Overlords (1)
Lumineth Realm Lords (1)
Seraphs (1)
Stromcast (3 if inc. Dreadfane)
Sylvaneth (2 if inc. Kurnothi)

Chaos
Beasts of Chaos (1)
Blades of Khorne (2)
Disciples of Tzeentch (1)
Hedonites of Slaanesh (1)
Maggotkin of Nurgle (1)
Skaven (1)
Slaves to Darkness (1)

Death
Flesh Eater Courts (1)
Legions of Nagash (1 - kind of)
Nighthaunt (2 if inc. Dreadfane)

Destruction
Gloomspite Gitz (3 if inc. Rippa's Snarlfangs)
Ogor Mawtribes (1)
Orruk Warclans (2)

Sorry to be picky but Stormcast got 4 warbands including Dreadfane: Steelheart Champions (1st starter box), the Farstriders (Vanguard) and Stormsire (2nd season box).

The way they said “there has always been at least 6 more” makes me think that they may have more than 8 total for season 4. Considering that now warbands are moving more to a specific play style and less universal cards there’s room for wild creativity. Independently from the number of warbands I reckon there will be one or two outsiders a bit like Kurnothi and Rippa. Something for them to explore outside of standard armies. And I would love if that means a Cities vaguely related warband (any theme really, as long as they roughly belong to Cities bit like Kurnothi relate to Sylvaneth). There’s lots of room there, from a zealot warband of Devoted of Sigmar, to an assassin guild of dark aelves to a mixed race mercenary warband, you name it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Ermm, it really isn't :P . The hand holding the Plaguebearer skull is probably an Horror of Tzeentcht ones, as it's spindly, deformed and of a strange color.

The axe head, the crow holding key and the 2 hands holding sword are indeed probably Soulblight Vampires.

Going by the current models and recent artworks, Vampires are more medieval and won't have guns. Today's RE looks like it wears a glove or is dark skinned. It's probably a Witch hunter (or an Admech / inquisitor / Rogue trader model for 40k).

Going by Hastings comments on War of Sigmar, Idoneth Deepkin will have the Crab Claw, the "punch" dagger with a jewel and the "normal" dagger (penultimate row).

We know at least 5 RE (the 3 pics for the Lord of Pain, 1 for the Melusai Ironscale, the Howl for the Lumineth WHU band and the hair for Lilith teased for 40k recently). There are 2 techy ones that are 40k, 2 for Orks and at least 4 that are for Nurgle (probably including a Nurgling). 

I know what Hastings said about the crab claw, and Hastings used to have a near perfect record, but recently he's kind of been hitting off the mark. That's the only reason I doubt it. His predictions for the Wave 3 Underworld's warbands was off, but he said it was actually for Wave 4, though he still did get some of the Wave 3 correct somehow, so I kind of feel he may have mistaken some models for other models or misinterpreted the info he got.

I didn't catch that was a Plaguebearer skull, so you're probably right that might be something Tzeentch-related. I've worked with enough AdMech models to guess that today's is not AdMech though at least. Maybe a Witch Hunter, but you're also going by recent artwork for vampires to say they don't use guns as if they couldn't just change their minds on the direction an army is going in like they've been doing since AoS started😛. I really highly doubted we'd get vampire pirates. Like extremely so. However,  if we did, they'd probably use guns I would think.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 6:30 PM, Joseph Mackay said:

From what I’ve seen, this company is scum that just piggybacks off gw and has no original ideas of their own. Everything is a direct copy of gw stuff, but just different enough to avoid legal problems. Either that or over sexualised trash

Wow, you can just say you don't like their style. "scum" and "over sexualised trash" just sounds like an angry GW fan boi.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:31 AM, KingBrodd said:

All I want. All I need for AOS. Is for my Sons of Behemat to be released!! I like getting in on everyones excitement and I absolutely love the lore and cannot wait for Broken Realms. But I need the Gargants to have so I can feel like I have a place in the Mortal Realms.

I was genuinely expecting a release date or at least something about the SoB from the latest reveal. I mean, where are they? What are they waiting for?

9 minutes ago, 123lac said:

I was genuinely expecting a release date or at least something about the SoB from the latest reveal. I mean, where are they? What are they waiting for?

open slot in their release schedule and to get all the 40k stuff out first (guessing that their priority first and foremost)

1 hour ago, 123lac said:

The Audio Drama has a Pre Order date of October 10th, so far that seems to be the likely release date. On the other hand the new Space Marine and Necron Codex and minis are dropping in October so there is still the chance that the Sons will drop late September after the Lumineth. 

As for why they're holding onto them? Well the GHB was supposed to be released in June so theres a very good chance the Sons were supposed to drop in May after the Lumineths April release date. Seeing as how they missed the date because of the Lockdown they decided to release the 40K 9th on it's for tracked release date because a whole new Edition of their biggest game is going to sell far more than a One kit Faction for AOS. It sucks but I understand why it had to happen.

• Like 1

I simply assume the crab claw is most likely Idoneth related, it easily fits the theme of the army and between Warcry, Underworlds and the associated art in Broken Realms I think it is fairly likely they will get something (even if it is fairly minor). I feel like people (myself included) tend to assume every single rumour engine is like a trick question. However, while there are often big surprises there are also plenty of rumour engines that are fairly straight forward.

I think if the crab claw is not for Idoneth, it is bound to be a strange accessory for the Kraken Eater... if not on the model we were shown it might just be an optional detail. Mega Gargants seem to have a lot of optional parts and I think it would make more sense than a lot of other guesses. I think the barnacle like detail ties it directly to the sea which rules out a lot of the speculated options, particularly as Slaaneshi claws seem much longer and more sinewy ruling out one of the biggest contenders. A regular ol' chaos mutation does sound like a possibility to me, maybe an upcoming warcry warband or even a mutation option from a multipart chaos warrior kit? However, the barnacles would still seem oddly out of place. As for another unannounced army Grotbag Scuttlers would be an interesting option but a barnacle encrusted crab seems counter intuitive in the sky. Vampire pirates would actually work fairly well but I would expect something with a little more of an undead feel like maybe some cracks in the claw. A destruction sea based faction would be really cool but seems pretty out of the blue to me. Maybe it ties in with the flint lock pistol and is tied to a new free guild pirate themed warband? 40k is another option as well, maybe something related to Chaos, Tyranids or some one off thing like a detail on an inquisitor's base? But all of these other options seem possible but far less likely than Idoneth to me.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 2