The Rumour Thread

A timeline for the rest of the year based on what we know. 

Sept - 

Lumineth release 

Gargants (possibly) 

Underworld arena mortis, as per roadmap

Oct - 

Gargants, if not sept

Marines

Necrons

House of iron (Q4, as per roadmap) 

Nov - 

Shadow and pain

Broken realms 

Dec - 

Direchasm

I forsee the new Warcry either Sept or November. We also have the new Bloodbowl, that could be next year tho. 

2 hours ago, Matrindur said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/24/who-is-the-stoneheart-king/

We got a new lore article for the Lumineth so maybe we will see the preorder next week for release on the 12th? (Also the Launch box is only available for one more week so so that counts towards preorder next week too)

Maybe even release on the 5th? 

2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

A timeline for the rest of the year based on what we know. 

Sept - 

Lumineth release 

Gargants (possibly) 

Underworld arena mortis, as per roadmap

Oct - 

Gargants, if not sept

Marines

Necrons

Nov - 

Shadow and pain

Broken realms 

Dec - 

Direchasm

I forsee the new Warcry either Sept or November. We also have the new Bloodbowl, that could be next year tho. 

My fingers are crossed super tight for a September release date for the Sons. Release the Lumineth on the 5th and then the Sons on the 19th or 26th.

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

My fingers are crossed super tight for a September release date for the Sons. Release the Lumineth on the 5th and then the Sons on the 19th or 26th.

I'm hoping for Sept as well. 

Earliest we'll get the Lumineth is the 12th. For them to be released on the 5th, they would have to go on Pre Order this Sat, and we know Blackstone fortress is taking that slot. 

I hope it's Pre Order lumineth on the 5th, release on the 12th. Sons pre order on the 12th, release on the 19th.

• LOVE IT! 1

A new version of AoS may fix some disparity between the different faction scenery rules and considering 40k is coming out with a book specific on how to set terrain it may not be that far-fetched that AoS 3.0 could get similar treatment with attention the placement of faction scenery.

On the Broken Realms books, I’m super excited cause I’m a lore nerd and read/collect everything. But I set my expectations on rules for the armies in it. New battalions and maybe subfactions will not improve something that needs a new warscroll rewritten...

Like Nighthaunt WD article was lovely for the details on Lady Olynder but I never even tested their battalions, only one barely interested me but still for how I play and the need of support heroes would have not made my army one drop or even 5 drop...

1 minute ago, SirSalabean said:

So what are the current AOS rumours and releases? I’m hesitant to start an army, I like elves however I heard dark elves are on the way maybe?

if not I’m stuck between luminary or sea elves 

Dark Elves are non-existent now. 

Instead they have been fragmented into several forces:

1) Daughters of Khaine - currently released, getting some new models and the first of the lore expansion books focuses on Morathi, the faction leader. Major faction safe to invest into.

2) Some subfaction groups of the Cities of Sigmar - a home for the sea based dark elf units, the hydra and some of the remaining land forces and the black dragon. Whilst they are not true subfactions (they will include other elf and dwarf and human units) they are at least a safe army that gathers up remains into new blocks

3) Malarion's "Shadow Aelf" who are said to be etherial, shadowy and have hints of demonic/draconic designs to some units. Unknown at present, we don't have any models and we don't have any idea when they will appear (one could also say if they appear, but they've been a solid feature in the lore since day 1 of AoS so it would be a major surprise for GW to remove them). 

1 minute ago, Overread said:

Dark Elves are non-existent now. 

Instead they have been fragmented into several forces:

1) Daughters of Khaine - currently released, getting some new models and the first of the lore expansion books focuses on Morathi, the faction leader. Major faction safe to invest into.

2) Some subfaction groups of the Cities of Sigmar - a home for the sea based dark elf units, the hydra and some of the remaining land forces and the black dragon. Whilst they are not true subfactions (they will include other elf and dwarf and human units) they are at least a safe army that gathers up remains into new blocks

3) Malarion's "Shadow Aelf" who are said to be etherial, shadowy and have hints of demonic/draconic designs to some units. Unknown at present, we don't have any models and we don't have any idea when they will appear (one could also say if they appear, but they've been a solid feature in the lore since day 1 of AoS so it would be a major surprise for GW to remove them). 

Thank you!! I think I was thinking of the Shadow Elves they sound really cool and I hope they are announced soon but who knows!! 

Is everything out for luminary now? 

2 minutes ago, SirSalabean said:

Thank you!! I think I was thinking of the Shadow Elves they sound really cool and I hope they are announced soon but who knows!! 

Is everything out for luminary now? 

Luminoth haven't had their release yet. They got a discount bundle which has a hero, spearmen and cavalry along with the battletome, counters, cards and dice. However Corona reared its head soon after and their general retail release never happened; its happening in September (the luminoth discount box goes off sale this coming Saturday so chances are good that they'll get an announcement next Sunday for the following Saturday pre-order slot). 

After that there's a smaller release of the Giant faction (far as we know so far its 1 battletome and 1 new multi-version model kit - which is ok for them as each giant is about 4-500points. 

Then we know that there's a new Slaanesh and Daughters of Khaine duel army pack and expansion lore book. Therafter we don't know - I would say Shadow Aelves have a good chance of appearing in 2021, but who knows what might happen esp with Corona causing issues. 

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

Luminoth haven't had their release yet. They got a discount bundle which has a hero, spearmen and cavalry along with the battletome, counters, cards and dice. However Corona reared its head soon after and their general retail release never happened; its happening in September (the luminoth discount box goes off sale this coming Saturday so chances are good that they'll get an announcement next Sunday for the following Saturday pre-order slot). 

After that there's a smaller release of the Giant faction (far as we know so far its 1 battletome and 1 new multi-version model kit - which is ok for them as each giant is about 4-500points. 

Then we know that there's a new Slaanesh and Daughters of Khaine duel army pack and expansion lore book. Therafter we don't know - I would say Shadow Aelves have a good chance of appearing in 2021, but who knows what might happen esp with Corona causing issues. 

You’re a hero! 

Hmm how good is the discount box? Not sure whether to pick it up as I do like some of the lumineth, that or deepkin... 

Shadow elves would be amazing, would they not wait even further though with lumineth just being revealed? Not sure if it would be elf overload 😂

Shadow Aelves had a good chance of releasing in 2020 and 2019 and 2021 - so basically its impossible to say when they might come at this stage. I've my eye on them too, but sometimes its good to have an army to play "today" rather than wait forever. 

Have a look at the other aelves and see what you like the look of. If I wanted Luminoth I'd get the boxed set without any pause. You get core troops; core rules and core tokens etc... its basically everything you'll likely get any way with a bit of discount. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Shadow Aelves had a good chance of releasing in 2020 and 2019 and 2021 - so basically its impossible to say when they might come at this stage. I've my eye on them too, but sometimes its good to have an army to play "today" rather than wait forever. 

Have a look at the other aelves and see what you like the look of. If I wanted Luminoth I'd get the boxed set without any pause. You get core troops; core rules and core tokens etc... its basically everything you'll likely get any way with a bit of discount. 

Thank you, I will have a look around, I really appreciate it. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Forgot to ask, the article says Azyr has been updated but I can’t see it in my Apple store. Was that only for Android?

Just to check... You aren't searching for Azyr directly are you? That's the subscription part of the Warhammer AoS app, so you won't find it if searching directly.

Looking at the new warcry catacombs, i suddenly realised how much id like a new AOS dungeon crawler.   Blackstone doesnt tick my boxes unfortunately.

Have there been any rumors of a AOS Warhammer Quest?  i know it may be a while yet, but any theories when we may see one?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Looking at the new warcry catacombs, i suddenly realised how much id like a new AOS dungeon crawler.   Blackstone doesnt tick my boxes unfortunately.

Have there been any rumors of a AOS Warhammer Quest?  i know it may be a while yet, but any theories when we may see one?

I wouldnt be suprised to see one next year with Blackstone Fortress coming to a close.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

5th of September is not really possible anymore because it would have been mentioned in yesterdays Preorder next week (which is the Blackstone Fortress release), but I really think, we will get the announcement for Lumineth for the preorder next week on August, 30 so the release will be September 12.

16 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

5th of September is not really possible anymore because it would have been mentioned in yesterdays Preorder next week (which is the Blackstone Fortress release), but I really think, we will get the announcement for Lumineth for the preorder next week on August, 30 so the release will be September 12.

I'd expect the same, I'd be surprised if they pulled the battleforce box and then left it longer to announce fresh models hitting the market. 

2 hours ago, sfe667 said:

Just to check... You aren't searching for Azyr directly are you? That's the subscription part of the Warhammer AoS app, so you won't find it if searching directly.

No sorry it’s called WH AoS but if you search for Azyr in the Apple Store it’s the first result. From the store I can see version 3.4.3 is the latest released 4 months ago. Am I the only one? Or did they create a new app?

This thread moves too quickly to keep track of sometimes, so forgive me if it has already been covered, but do we have any hints/rumors as to what some of the shattered realm books might be? The first was announced to be Morathi, which looks like it will contain DoK, Idoneth, and maybe slaanesh (alongside slaaneshi mortals).
I recall hints at something happening between gitz and seraphon though, which makes me think seraphon and gitz and something to do with the bad moon, which could be interesting because theoretically slann would have an interest in such a strange celestial body, and have the ability to land on it. 
Rv68bL1Wd3Wu1ErD-665x1057.png

In the Mysteries of the mortal realms article there was also a section questioning if giant lizards lived on the bad moon. 

Were there any other hints for other factions dropped? Given the state of gitz, it might make sense for them to be the second book, and it would be a good excuse to release some new seraphon sculpts. I know some are expecting Nagash or Allarielle second, but I'm not familiar with any story threads for them to pick up with, Sylvaneth vs Nurgle has been going on for ages , and Nagash has been driving the plot for the entire edition already (by proxy for Wrath of the Everchosen where Katakros takes the lead).

• Like 2