The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

From what they said, the book will contain background, new battle plans and ways to play your armies. 

While they didn't say which armies are in this book I'll wager the ID will be. 

Yeah it would be a DoK battletome otherwise. I'm guessing Idoneth are in there as they don't have their own god so makes sense for them not to headline their own book. 

The rules content in these books tends to vary a lot from totally useless to new meta, so will have to see. Fingers crossed for one new idoneth model too.

38 minutes ago, Dondarion said:

The swordman hero is part of one of the 4 elements in the lumineth army the same as the Alarith Stoneguard. In this case part of the River aspect I think.

Yeah good point, "channel the river" is a bit of a giveaway. Cool! Fits with the line about those attuned to the river spirits being swordmasters.

I hate to ask it, but will Broken Realms publications be considered "older publications" in 11 months so we will need to ask our opponent for permission to play its content? Is Psychic Awakening still (matched play) legal in WH40K 9th Edition?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Bayul said:

I hate to ask it, but will Broken Realms publications be considered "older publications" in 11 months so we will need to ask our opponent for permission to play its content? Is Psychic Awakening still (matched play) legal in WH40K 9th Edition?

Vigilus (Defiant/Aflame) isn't but Psychic Awakening is. I guess it'll depend on how much 3.0 shakes the game up mechanically. 

These are probably closer to PA than Vigilus (which I guess is Wrath of the Everchosen?) so you're 'probably' safe, but never say never.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KingBrodd said:

Im super keen for the Morathi book!! I was hesitant until they said it was a Narrative book chock full of lore and now I cannot wait!! I do hope that the Broken Realms series doesnt have a book for each Faction though, for monetary reasons. So perhaps there will be 4? Maybe one for each Alliance in a sense? Regardless I'm hyped as hell for it an excited to see when this will release!!

My guess is November seeing as it is stated it will affect all the Factions and that would put it after the Lumineth and Sons of Behemat releases.

There was something like 9 Psychic Awakening books, each one focusing on around 2-4 factions, released monthly or near monthly until 9th edition, with at least one new model release with each book.

I have to have this box...

Slaanesh and Daughters are my two favourite factions. I didn't go with Slaanesh as they are somewhat problematic, but adding some Deamonnettes and Hellstriders to my Slaves to Darkness will hopefully not terribly offend anyone.  Daughters of Khaine were just beyond my price point and didn't have a start collecting box. Then when one released it was so hero heavy that it would not make a good multi purchase. However, between this release and the starter set that puts me in a really good position to start that army... then to add Warcry on top of it all which is my favourite game system I am feeling very excited but also financially worried. 

I was expecting to be fairly disappointed with the reveals and spent the whole 40k portion twiddling my thumbs...

I will probably have to sell my lovely Idoneth for this though 😭

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

well since they named the books after Characters my prediction for the Books would be

Broken Realms: Nagash (death)

Broken Realms: Allareille (life)

Broken Realms: Teclis (light)

Broken Realms: Gordrakk (can be called Gorkamorka, but have Gordrakk picture on the cover) (beast)

Broken Realms: Archeon (allpoints) though we did have Wraith of the Everchosen

Broken Realms: Grungni (iron)

Broken realms Gotrek or Grimnir (fire)

Broken Realms: Sigmar (azyr)

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

It's only sinking in now what an appalling ugly compound word "Direchasm" is. Oof.

Shadespire was a good 'un, rolls off the tongue, same with Nightvault. Beastgrave made me wince, Dreadfane was eh but "Direchasm", damn. Will probably still get it because I'm buzzed for those Slaaneshi warriors and need some new boards but talk about unaesthetic. 

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lernaean said:

As a Slaanesh mortals fan, my wish is finally (kinda) coming to fruition. 

Do you guys think we'll be getting the heroes separately?  

GW releases duel boxes sometimes when they release new models; the duel box will be limited in number (ergo they won't be recasting them) but how fast they sell out varies a lot. Some sell out on the pre-release day; others can last longer. It varies on popularity and what's in the box. Eg the Eldar and Dark Eldar box wasn't that popular because most of the models were old and not desired save for the new sculpts and it was a very expensive box. Meanwhile the Skaven and Flesheaters box sold out very fast - though don't forget often as not there's a healthy supply of split contents one ebay/secondhand as well. 

The new models will get their own release, but when that is will be hard to say. Sometimes its quit soon after; other times it can take up to a year. It's not based on popularity either (that skaven and Flesheater box took a year).

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Does anyone who watched the stream know if they explained what's going on with the Idoneth fighting the Daughters?

Grand Alliances are alliances of factions who are united against a common cause, but don't have to remain united the whole time. Indeed Idoneth REALLY don't get on with anyone. First up their lands are under the sea and thus pretty much immune to any other faction storming them, so they are quite isolated. The only real contact they have with the land is when they come up to raid for souls - which is when they harvest the living souls from humans and aelves mostly. So other factions have a distinct dislike of them already. 

Idoneth will stand with Sigmar against Chaos, but otherwise no one really gets along with them. So chances are Morathi is fighting them because they've come to raid a coastal coven or they've been raiding her lands for souls and she's come to give them a telling off. 

It's a measure of how deadly and hated Chaos is that the various factions of Order can within the same breath fight each other in major conflicts, but are then willing to turn a united front against Chaos. 

A little like the humans, dwarves and elves at the Battle of the Five Armies in The Hobbit. Those three races were willing to tear each other apart for various justified reasons, to secure the dwarven hold after Smaug fell. Securing the fortification and its vast wealth within. Yet when the goblins and orks appeared on the battlefield all those various factions turned to unite and provide a solid front against the darkness. Order is much like that; give them no chaos to fight and they will fall to infighting between themselves for power, land, wealth, magic, influence. Give them a common foe (Chaos and also Death and major destruction forces) and they'll stand shoulder to shoulder (well hip to head if there are dwarves around) 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

well since they named the books after Characters my prediction for the Books would be

*snip*

Didn't all Psychic Awakening books cover at least two factions? Craftworlds / Drukhari, Space Wolves / Orcs, Tau / Genestealer Cult etc.?

I am pretty sure the first Broken Realms book will be about a conflict between DoK and Idoneth Deepkin corresponding to the artwork. So rules for angsty elves. There's a third artwork with Dark Elves'ish ships... so maybe Anvilgard aswell? They are edgy elves too and the weakest CoS army so why not throw them in the mix?

• Like 1

This release looked cool, but I'm only really interested in a few things. The Lumineth band is a win for me, I definately hope to get my hands on that, and the Psychic Awake- excuse me - Broken Realms books have my attention, but it's going to depend on what and how it's released.

Honestly, it's a relief that my wallet will have a little time to breath.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 1

Taking a guess on prices:

Warcry boxed set - I'm guessing the same as the first edition. You get two warbands, terrain boards and about the same amount of terrain; only now the terrain is half 3D and half 2D items for the two different board sides and play styles. 

Slaanesh+DoK duel set - Daughters of Khaine have £97.50 worth of models whilst Slaanesh has £80.50, we can then add around £40 representing £20 each for the new leaders which is a rough ballpark for what GW tends to charge for a character; might be less but doubtful it would be more. So I'm guessing a box at around £100 to £120 at the most. 

1 minute ago, Lernaean said:

Stop breaking my heart with your facts.

Also in a more useful response. I think they would have been released for the year was out. Which might be delayed a bit now.  
but I seem to remember they said something like that in a podcast about the release  of the special characters.

when did they release them all together? Februari or something? 

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

😂

(whispers: Khorgorath 🤭)

He's in the getting started set. Getting started sets don't "vanish" on their own so it counts as a release. There's several models that only feature in a getting started set (and one or two like the heroes on skeleton mounts for Death where the Getting started is just such a good deal that the hero is basically free so its best to get the getting started set anyway)

2 hours ago, shinros said:

To be more productive for a moment going by the beastgrave box it seems Slaanesh might have a Persian theme, more along the lines of Xerxes from 300. 

p-300-Rodrigo-Santoro.jpg

Have you not seen last years Slaanesh releases? It was pretty much the Core aesthetic for all the new stuff

Edited by Nos

22 minutes ago, Bayul said:

Didn't all Psychic Awakening books cover at least two factions? Craftworlds / Drukhari, Space Wolves / Orcs, Tau / Genestealer Cult etc.?

I am pretty sure the first Broken Realms book will be about a conflict between DoK and Idoneth Deepkin corresponding to the artwork. So rules for angsty elves. There's a third artwork with Dark Elves'ish ships... so maybe Anvilgard aswell? They are edgy elves too and the weakest CoS army so why not throw them in the mix?

well since ever AOS  Battletome army going to get something from Broken realm, each book probably has at least three or four armies getting some type of content. though some Psychic awakening book focus wasn't entirely even. like Greater good was mostly focus on Tau (they are also the army that got a model from PA) and the GSC and IG where sort of background forces in that book

Broken realms: Morathi (judging by what they hinted at in stream) is probably DOK, Slaaneshi,  and maybe IDK since they really took time to comment on the artwork, but DoK probably get the most limelight