The Rumour Thread

Direchasm screen grabs below. Agreed about the Lumineth generic hero though it's likely the sorceror chap will be a de-facto special character. The swordsman looks like they could be a warden champion rather than a melee hero but either way will probably be part of a clumped-together unit like most WHU warbands.

For my part those Slaaneshi models look dope even just from the barest glimpses. The stereotypical decadent Persian look from 300 is there but that lord has a twisted hoplite feel: spear and shield (maybe?) but a neon pink fur cloak casually tossed over a shoulder. The archer on the box cover is a clear callback to the ancient Battlemasters chaos thug archer model (one of the last serious WHFBish missile weapon-armed chaos models. The other spear-fighter is doing that cool martial arts thing where you lazily put your spear over your shoulder and act real chill. I'm buzzed for this, will probably pick it up.

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.24.06.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.24.16.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.24.25.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.26.47.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.26.59.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.27.21.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.27.32.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.27.43.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.28.11.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.28.03.png

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

Some gorgeous stuff. 

As a die hard dark elf player, the warcry khainites are a must have. 

Love Underworlds warbands, so season 4 another must have. 

Shadow and pain, another must have, just painted a 2k slannesh army, hell striders are one unit I don't have. And more snakes for my temple nest is always welcome. 

Looking forward to broken realms as well and starting with one of the best characters. 

Big thumbs up from me ( my wallet doesn't agree however!). 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Snip.

Agreed, very 300, screams xerxes as well. This update gave me the motivation to finish off my force. It will be nice to have mortal heroes that can actually work with the book in terms of keywords. 

Edited by shinros

2 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Big thumbs up from me ( my wallet doesn't agree however!). 

I feel the same pains! 

Similarly I too need those slaanesh models and more snake warriors and heck more Khinerai is neat (even though I technically don't need more they are still fantastic models). 

• Like 1

man it's sad they are already bringing the AoS end times with broken realms smh /s

I am very excited to see where the narrative goes, and I hope this brings the setting more meat with slaanesh being hinted at being released. That's quite the image, and the idea of him breaking out after like, 4 years is pretty dang compelling.

22 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

Sounds like the book will have lore and rules for multiple factions, so not likely to be one for each faction. Probably just big characters, wouldn't be surprised if the last one is Slaanesh

Most likely the big guys, so more than likely Gordrakk will get one as well!! 

Hopefully for players of Fyreslayers and Idoneth they recieve new models and the like.

3 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

As a Slaanesh mortals fan, my wish is finally (kinda) coming to fruition. 

Do you guys think we'll be getting the heroes separately?  

For beastgrave, it's likely those mortals are staying there and for the boxes? Normally it takes a while for them to release the hero. So I would say start saving in my opinion if you're that desperate. But I do think this release is indicative of the future for mortals. What we are really missing is mortal elites and heroes, the battleline is already there. 

2 minutes ago, Bayul said:

The Khainite Shadowstalkers are Morathi's personal assassins according to the stream. So a DoK warband? I thought they were new shadow elves from Ulgu and part of Malerions gang.

They were described as Morathi's warband long ago. They were never going to be Malerion's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shinros said:

For beastgrave, it's likely those mortals are staying there and for the boxes? Normally it takes a while for them to release the hero. So I would say start saving in my opinion if you're that desperate. But I do think this release is indicative of the future for mortals. What we are really missing is mortal elites and heroes, the battleline is already there. 

Yeah, the Direchasm box will be mine. For the Shadow and Pain box idk. I already have too many of anything that's in it, but the Lord of Pain looks amazing. I'll see how it goes.

I do hope GW will focus more on Slaanesh mortals in the near future and these releases are indicative of it.

Just now, HollowHills said:

Does anyone who watched the stream know if they explained what's going on with the Idoneth fighting the Daughters?

Nope, but Morathi did try and get Volturnous killed at one point. I think an aelf war is a condition to one of the chains binding slaanesh.  

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

Does anyone who watched the stream know if they explained what's going on with the Idoneth fighting the Daughters?

Unless I missed something the just talked about the incredible art. I wouldn't be suprised if Morathi wants revenge on Slaneesh and is trying to draw some power from him and the Idoneth do not want anyone near Slaneesh risking his escape.

40 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

Direchasm screen grabs below. Agreed about the Lumineth generic hero though it's likely the sorceror chap will be a de-facto special character. The swordsman looks like they could be a warden champion rather than a melee hero but either way will probably be part of a clumped-together unit like most WHU warbands.

For my part those Slaaneshi models look dope even just from the barest glimpses. The stereotypical decadent Persian look from 300 is there but that lord has a twisted hoplite feel: spear and shield (maybe?) but a neon pink fur cloak casually tossed over a shoulder. The archer on the box cover is a clear callback to the ancient Battlemasters chaos thug archer model (one of the last serious WHFBish missile weapon-armed chaos models. The other spear-fighter is doing that cool martial arts thing where you lazily put your spear over your shoulder and act real chill. I'm buzzed for this, will probably pick it up.

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.24.06.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.24.16.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.24.25.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.26.47.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.26.59.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.27.21.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.27.32.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.27.43.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.28.11.png

Screenshot 2020-08-22 at 15.28.03.png

The swordman hero is part of one of the 4 elements in the lumineth army the same as the Alarith Stoneguard. In this case part of the River aspect I think.

9 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

From what they said, the book will contain background, new battle plans and ways to play your armies. 

While they didn't say which armies are in this book I'll wager the ID will be. 

There will be random 'because reasons' thrown into the book to justify it, I'm sure.

Who is prettiest? Who has the best ears? That kind of thing.

I am not as wowed by these new DoK models as the Underworlds WB that just released, but those models are gorgeous. Still, the Shadowstalkers and the Ironscale...melusai...i am just going to call her the Ironlady are good models.  I suspect they will grow on me. 🙂

1 minute ago, Souleater said:

There will be random 'because reasons' thrown into the book to justify it, I'm sure.

Who is prettiest? Who has the best ears? That kind of thing.

I mean, preventing a ritual that could accidentaly release eldritch god is a pretty good reason for a civil war...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've no interest in the warbands featured in the new season set, but I still think they're pretty good and I remain surprised it wasn't Ossiarchs, although given the very-obviously-Ossiarch Rumour Engine they'll presumably land alongside Lizardmen.

With regards to War Cry, hopefully their strange absence from the launch decks and being underground means we'll get a unique Fyreslayer warband.

Edited by Clan's Cynic