The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Not playing either faction but I think its really bad that they lock the new Slaneesh character together with all those old models which except the swap to mortal Hellstriders is basically just the Start Collecting

That is the case of most boxes? What skaven got more than Warlock? Or Tzeentch?

Edited by michu

Just now, Matrindur said:

Not playing either faction but I think its really bad that they lock the new Slaneesh character together with all those old models which except the swap to mortal Hellstriders is basically just the Start Collecting

It seems they are playing catch up, if the Slaanesh release at least consisted of the stuff I've seen in the new beastgrave box and the the new box set? I would be satisfied. I do think the design team weren't sure how to design the mortals hence the lag. 

3 minutes ago, SleeperAgent said:

Anyone who plays daughters, can you build all those snake sisters as the bow ones? Like are the sprues the same? 10 stalkers are easily worth the half box cost.

Yes.

I really love the new DoK hero but after Phoenix Rising I'm just so tired of new heroes coming in boxes without a single other model i want. 

Hype as hell for that new Morathi book though 

1 minute ago, Charleston said:

The Moriathi book looks like the start of a Psychic Awakening Like Book Series for AoS. Would match the expected next edition to come next year so there will be plently of time for some more Broken Realms books

Seems plausible, with at least an initial focus on Slaanesh and the various elven factions. That bit of art just shown has Volturnos in headlong charge at Morathi.

Can't say I loved the Psychic Awakening books, the background was one-note and forgettable while the rules were often just unnecessary bloat and cruft for particular factions, but if they make this good from a narrative POV, cool.

• Like 2

The aelven gods are rising up to challenge the might of Chaos and the growing power of Death – but like Sigmar’s pantheon before them, they are riven by mistrust and each pursues their own goals and schemes. Teclis, ever aloof and arrogant, seeks to single-handedly save the Mortal Realms. Allarielle, fickle as the seasons, turns on allies as well as enemies, attacking explorers and settlers across Ghyran. And as for Morathi… well, she has a very definite goal in mind – godhood. True to form, she doesn’t intend to let anything stand in her way.

This new conflict will touch every corner of the Mortal Realms, and affect every faction. Treachery and torment. Siege and slaughter. Bloodshed and battle. All this and more awaits you in a series of epic narrative books on a scale not seen since the Realmgate Wars. As well as truly massive stories, these books will be packed with new rules for loads of factions, thrilling battleplans, and much more.

This new, era-defining narrative all kicks off with Broken Realms: Morathi. Whatever army you play, and whomever your allegiance lies with, prepare for war as the Daughters of Khaine come into conflict with not only the forces of Chaos but former allies both aelven and clad in sigmarite.

From the Warhammer Community page on Broken Realms:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/22/warhammer-preview-online-shadow-iron-broken-realms/

That’s looks like a lot interesting new things are coming our way. Really looking forward to the Morathi book, and further books like that. 

For the Lumineth - if there are really a Aosified generic sword melee hero and “archmage” in that Underworld box for the Lumineth, it probably would have been better if they’d put those into the initial faction release. So many people have been missing those, especially a melee hero. 

On the other hand - that will be my first Underworld purchase, so likely they are smarter than me, lol. 

• Like 3

It will be interesting to see if they use the Broken Realms books to add new units/expand  existing factions. Interested to see what other war bands come for Warcry those models look excellent and I love that chameleon skink, might be tempted by a seraphon underworld team. 

Im super keen for the Morathi book!! I was hesitant until they said it was a Narrative book chock full of lore and now I cannot wait!! I do hope that the Broken Realms series doesnt have a book for each Faction though, for monetary reasons. So perhaps there will be 4? Maybe one for each Alliance in a sense? Regardless I'm hyped as hell for it an excited to see when this will release!!

My guess is November seeing as it is stated it will affect all the Factions and that would put it after the Lumineth and Sons of Behemat releases.

• Like 1

I also noticed that the stuff of the Lord of Pain is a bit off center. I assume it was just glued in a weird way by the studio. Nevertheless it bugs me somehow.

I am curious about the Narrative. My bet would be:

• Slaanesh is about to get loose soon after Archaons intervention.
  • Moriathi wants to drain Slaanesh of it´s powers. Other Aelve-Deities are against it.
  • Aelven War happen over who decides how to proceed with Slaanesh before it get´s loose
  • War empowers Slaanesh until the cage breaks. Moriathi takes the chance and drains as much of Slaanesh as possible
  • Slaanesh escapes, weaker then before, but finally free. Moriathi Ascends.

Meanwhile, Sigar is Distracted as Godrak attacks Azyr. Rest of Chaos and Nagash won´t propably be a big spotlight after the last releases. Maybe some sideplots around.

VaxwJAfH0uGo2BC1.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KingBrodd said:

Im super keen for the Morathi book!! I was hesitant until they said it was a Narrative book chock full of lore and now I cannot wait!! I do hope that the Broken Realms series doesnt have a book for each Faction though, for monetary reasons. So perhaps there will be 4? Maybe one for each Alliance in a sense? Regardless I'm hyped as hell for it an excited to see when this will release!!

My guess is November seeing as it is stated it will affect all the Factions and that would put it after the Lumineth and Sons of Behemat releases.

Sounds like the book will have lore and rules for multiple factions, so not likely to be one for each faction. Probably just big characters, wouldn't be surprised if the last one is Slaanesh

1 minute ago, Charleston said:

I also noticed that the stuff of the Lord of Pain is a bit off center. I assume it was just glued in a weird way by the studio. Nevertheless it bugs me somehow.

I am curious about the Narrative. My bet would be:

• Slaanesh is about to get loose soon after Archaons intervention.
  • Moriathi wants to drain Slaanesh of it´s powers. Other Aelve-Deities are against it.
  • Aelven War happen over who decides how to proceed with Slaanesh before it get´s loose
  • War empowers Slaanesh until the cage breaks. Moriathi takes the chance and drains as much of Slaanesh as possible
  • Slaanesh escapes, weaker then before, but finally free. Moriathi Ascends.

Meanwhile, Sigar is Distracted as Godrak attacks Azyr. Rest of Chaos and Nagash won´t propably be a big spotlight after the last releases. Maybe some sideplots around.

VaxwJAfH0uGo2BC1.gif

This, the whole aelf war might actually be the condition Slaanesh needs to break the final chain. Because each chain has a certain requirement in order for the Dark Prince to break it. 

• Like 1

Soo after that preview my wallet just ran out of the house screaming.

Duel army box for Slaanesh and DoK - both armies I collect - a must buy! The new leaders aren't even the only bits I want/need. Getting some mortal slaanesh riders and another chariot; getting more snakes - all things I want/need. So a must buy.

New Warcry boxed set with DoK and new terrain and fire warriors - all a must buy

New Morathi focused expansion book - yep another must buy! Curious that GW hasn't teased any new models coming with that book that are specific too that new book's release. Granted DoK are getting a new warband and new hero, but would have been nice to see a new monster/troop/beast/elite etc... style release. Still can't complain, the new wave of things is going to be great. Will be interesting to see now the new warcry band works out rules wise for the main game - the new Underworld team already looks like a solid addition and well made to work with the game.

New Underworlds 6 player expansion sounds like lots of fun too. 

Overall a great preview of new shiny things to come! If somewhat expensive with two big boxed sets in there. 

• Like 1