The Rumour Thread

Okay totally off the rails speculation, but here's my brain:

I got a new model, painted it up, and looked at the rules...

Be'Lakor has flavor text:

"Be'Lakor's physical form is as insubstantial as the cloying mists of Ulgu..."

Is it just me, or does that rumor engine claw, the portrait of Malerion we've seen multiple times, and Be'Lakor share some striking resemblances?

Be'Lakor sure does hate the chaos gods. 

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, BarfAtTheMoon said:

Okay totally off the rails speculation, but here's my brain:

I got a new model, painted it up, and looked at the rules...

Be'Lakor has flavor text:

"Be'Lakor's physical form is as insubstantial as the cloying mists of Ulgu..."

Is it just me, or does that rumor engine claw, the portrait of Malerion we've seen multiple times, and Be'Lakor share some striking resemblances?

Be'Lakor sure does hate the chaos gods. 

Just a coincidence. Be'lakor worked with Archeon in Wrath of the Everchosen, and is still up to his old tricks of trying to undermine the gods by whispering in Archeon's ear. He has legions of demons under his command with his own army and rules for his legion in the book too.  Malerion has been described as having his own forces of elves and is just Malekith fused with his dragon and a new name. Don't see them working together or being related outside of that they're both dark edgy dudes.

• Like 1

The Hammerhal Herald about the Khainite Shadowstalkers implied that they are actually Chaos. If it's a clue, it might mean that Malerion and the Ulgu aelves are indeed a new Chaos faction, and not Order or part of DoK.

I still think it might be a deamonic faction composed of mostly huge models like SoB (although it contradicts the regular sized models of the new warband)

We might get some answers in 5.5 hours. I'm excited!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Raviv said:

The Hammerhal Herald about the Khainite Shadowstalkers implied that they are actually Chaos. If it's a clue, it might mean that Malerion and the Ulgu aelves are indeed a new Chaos faction, and not Order or part of DoK.

I still think it might be a deamonic faction composed of mostly huge models like SoB (although it contradicts the regular sized models of the new warband)

We might get some answers in 5.5 hours. I'm excited!

The Hammerhal Herald only implied that the maker of the pamphlet thinks that, and has shown that your average Hammerhal citizen doesn’t know much at all, and is often wrong. That’s part of the fun. 

In the last preview they introduced the warband like this:

Warcry is great for letting us look at the areas of the Mortal Realms that you don’t tend to see anywhere else – and these new additions are no exception. The Khainite Shadowstalkers are the spies that Morathi uses to enforce her will across the realms. Even for a race from a land of shadow and renowned for their innate stealth, these guys are sneaky! They’re like mist in the shadows, only the mist has a poison dagger and a repeater crossbow…These dynamic models hark back to a classic Dark Elf aesthetic from the world-that-was, that of Khaine worshippers like Assassins and Shades.” 

It’s much more likey that that’s what they are. Likely nothing to do with Malerion and Chaos. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LuminethMage said:

The Hammerhal Herald only implied that the maker of the pamphlet thinks that, and has shown that your average Hammerhal citizen doesn’t know much at all, and is often wrong. That’s part of the fun. 

In the last preview they introduced the warband like this:

Warcry is great for letting us look at the areas of the Mortal Realms that you don’t tend to see anywhere else – and these new additions are no exception. The Khainite Shadowstalkers are the spies that Morathi uses to enforce her will across the realms. Even for a race from a land of shadow and renowned for their innate stealth, these guys are sneaky! They’re like mist in the shadows, only the mist has a poison dagger and a repeater crossbow…These dynamic models hark back to a classic Dark Elf aesthetic from the world-that-was, that of Khaine worshippers like Assassins and Shades.” 

It’s much more likey that that’s what they are. Likely nothing to do with Malerion and Chaos. 

You're probably right, but speculating is fun anyway 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raviv said:

I think it was more a nod to how Morathi manipulates order populations into believing  her and her people are benevolent. 

Similar to how she will wipe out order towns for the benefit of her own people and when questioned respond by telling sigmar they had to be cleansed as they were secretly chaos worshippers. 

This group, being masters of shadow and illusion are being used by Morathi to incite anger and passion in her allies to further the war gainst chaos, the enemy she hates most. 

Edited by Mcprowlington

The Daughters of Khaine are perhaps as dedicated to the fight against Chaos as Stormcast are. It's a pretty big focus of their religious order as of right now due to the fact that their people were consumed by chaos and Morathi (their great leader) lost out on becoming a goddess because Slaanesh ate her. Not only that he twisted her; deformed her; destroyed her. A vane personality does not take lightly to having her body twisted with a snakes tail; dragon wings and a head of snake-hair. 

The chances of them ever working, knowingly, for Chaos is basically zero. Sure a smart Chaos force might try and trick them, but otherwise they are religious warriors with a zeal for combat and a focus on defeating Chaos (very specifically Slaanesh). 

That said with both her and Malarion's forces the Chaos taint is almost welcomed within their asthetic designs. Whilst the "light" aleves and Luminoth have shied away from the vestiges and appearances of the corruption to the body; the Shadow Aleves and DoK have more open acceptance of the taint at a physical level. Thus they have draconic and succubus style units.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Just over an hour lads and ladettes, make your bets!!

I’ll put a fiver on the usual heady mix of disappointment, anger, wailing & weeping, recriminations, the tearing of clothes, the death of hope & all things good in the world turning to ash, virulent bigotry in the comment stream & a new Primaris lieutenant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, JPjr said:

I’ll put a fiver on the usual heady mix of disappointment, anger, wailing & weeping, recriminations, the tearing of clothes, the death of hope & all things good in the world turning to ash, virulent bigotry in the comment stream & a new Primaris lieutenant.

I think we have a bingo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JPjr said:

We have ourselves an Oracle people!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, JPjr said:

I think you are there only 85% but a good try!

5 minutes and bets are still open!

4 minutes ago, BarfAtTheMoon said:

What about that community article that literally said Malerion was working with "shadow daemons"?  Or was that the mistake you were all talking about?

I am definitely excited if this preview sheds some light on the situation, but I have a feeling it's just the second wave of Lumineth.

The mistake was that in one of books Malerion was described as Chaos God which was later corrected.

Oh, and more Necrons were shown.

• Like 1