The Rumour Thread

On 8/12/2020 at 4:57 PM, Sleboda said:

Implying that now you do.

It's not about me, personally, being insecure. I'm content. I'm happy. I just thought your casual disregard for mental health and social awkwardness was off-putting and potentially damaging to those who genuinely do suffer from these difficulties.

We try hard to be friendly and inclusive here, and your flippant remarks fly in the face of that.

What he said was clearly a joke, it wasnt a personal attack against anyone at all, he even put a smiley to show it was a joke and not to be misunderstood as such, seems a overreaction tbh 

On 8/13/2020 at 10:09 PM, Enoby said:

To piggyback off this a bit, I have to say I strongly dislike what they've done to maintain the "sexy" image of Slaanesh. I get it that some people just prefer models that are more... mammaryily inclined, but there were so many people complaining that the new Slaanesh models weren't "sexy" enough that it's quite disheartening. It's no secret that Raging Heroes makes a lot of Slaanesh rip offs, but all of them boil down to sexualised boredom that, imo, give people a very narrow minded view of the Dark Prince. 

A bit of a rant, but it disappoints me when I see people say that the Raging Heroes models are the "real" Slaanesh, and GW is too sanitised. In my opinion, sexualised models are cheap and aesthetically dull, and often end up with people conflating Slaanesh as the sex god. The more interesting and challenging depiction of that god is to look at Slaanesh as a concept of excess - of anything - which the new models show better (not perfectly, as that would be impossible considering the vagueness of excess, but the baphomet theme on the KoS is on point). 

TL;DR their Slaanesh rip offs are boring and only hurt the image of the Dark Prince

Couldnt agree more with this, while.sexual extremes are assosiated with slaneesh, the god is about going to extremes in all forms. It would of been nice to slannesh expressed in different ways, like a morbidly obese deamon that represents gluttony gone to far, dining on the most exquisite food far beyond excess etc. 

Think sometimes slannesh is seen in a far to narrow format 🤔 

Out of all of the gods slaneesh has the chance for the most broad representation.

• Thanks 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/16/sunday-preview-snotlings-on-the-pitch-blades-in-the-underhive/

Necromunda and Snotlings Bloodbowl Team next week

Also a new Preview Show on Saturday (and the broken Realms bit and the fact they dont say its just a 40k preview seems to me as if there will also be some AOS in it?)

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

Just now, Minis by Night said:

I don't want you to get hyped for Malerion's Shadow Aelfs here but uh... you should totally get hyped for some Shadow Aelfs.
Probably.

Don’t get too hyped. There’s still the rest of the very shadowy DoK Warcry warband to reveal, and I don’t expect a big new army reveal when they still have 1.5 new factions to release for AoS. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Still-young said:

Don’t get too hyped. There’s still the rest of the very shadowy DoK Warcry warband to reveal, and I don’t expect a big new army reveal when they still have 1.5 new factions to release for AoS. 

Possible, but Lumineth will be released in September (someone on the GW Twitch stream supposedly let that out a few weeks ago). If it wasn't for COVID, they most likely would have been release around April or May.

Sons are... just one kit(as far as we know) and a battletome, probably in October.

Scions of Flames and Khainite Shadowstalkers could be released in the same week.

Everything that has been announced up until now will most likely have been released by early November.

All of that to say that it's not too early to get a teaser for an army that could be released in January.

16 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

Possible, but Lumineth will be released in September (someone on the GW Twitch stream supposedly let that out a few weeks ago). If it wasn't for COVID, they most likely would have been release around April or May.

Sons are... just one kit(as far as we know) and a battletome, probably in October.

Scions of Flames and Khainite Shadowstalkers could be released in the same week.

Everything that has been announced up until now will most likely have been released by early November.

All of that to say that it's not too early to get a teaser for an army that could be released in January.

I’d be happy to be wrong on this one, but I’m not getting my hopes up. 

54 minutes ago, Fellman said:

8X6WZCdWrfnVEH47.jpg

Broken Realms?! You know what's great at Breaking things? MEGA GARGANTS!! Hopefully for the Preview we get our first look at the Kit or Battletome Cover at the very least!! OR just as likely is that this could be our Psychic Awakening leading into AOS 3.0? Maybe a Realm is about to be torn asunder!!

This is something to be properly hyped for lads!! I'm assuming the Shadow is as others have said, the Khainte Stalkers.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Broken Realms?! You know what's great at Breaking things? MEGA GARGANTS!! Hopefully for the Preview we get our first look at the Kit or Battletome Cover at the very least!! OR just as likely is that this could be our Psychic Awakening leading into AOS 3.0? Maybe a Realm is about to be torn asunder!!

This is something to be properly hyped for lads!! I'm assuming the Shadow is as others have said, the Khainte Stalkers.

I absolutely agree that broken Realms sounds like a Psychic Awakening for AOS - just remember that PA was a Malign Portents for 40k -it might be too early to restart that cycle of influence.

• Thanks 1

Talking about Blood Bowl more's an obvious one with 2.0 coming.

Another AoS Warhammer Quest seems likely given how many obvious-but-varied Death Rumour Engines are stacking up.

Underworlds has a new season in December, so it might be a bit early to talk about that. They've said they don't normally preview stuff that's more than two months out, although Covid's obviously thrown that for six so who knows (we would've had Season 4 here by now if they followed the pattern of releasing them in August).

I could see them talking about Sons a bit more since they're still a short-but-not-inconsiderable ways out with the full Lumineth releases to come.

It seems too early for another army reveal when there's still two in the pipeline awaiting release. Either October for a Death-themed reveal or, more likely, a Christmas day reveal like Gloomspite were.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Talking about Blood Bowl more's an obvious one with 2.0 coming.

Another AoS Warhammer Quest seems likely given how many obvious-but-varied Death Rumour Engines are stacking up.

Underworlds has a new season in December, so it might be a bit early to talk about that. They've said they don't normally preview stuff that's more than two months out, although Covid's obviously thrown that for six so who knows (we would've had Season 4 here by now if they followed the pattern of releasing them in August).

I could see them talking about Sons a bit more since they're still a short-but-not-inconsiderable ways out with the full Lumineth releases to come.

It seems too early for another army reveal when there's still two in the pipeline awaiting release. Either October for a Death-themed reveal or, more likely, a Christmas day reveal like Gloomspite were.

I really hope they go in on the Sons a bit more. I would love a few articles on the Community Site but if they devote a bit of time in the Preview to them I'll be very grateful.

1 minute ago, LoopyZebra said:

Speculation from my local store manager:

Sons will be 1 weekend, will come out before Lumineth in late August or early September. Lumineth likely in September, as a 2 weekend release.

On Facebook there was a comment from WarhammerTv about the Gargants following the Lumineth and just the other day we had the confirmation that a Sons of Behemat Audio Drama was going up for Pre order on October 10th. Fingers crossed for an earlier release but it would seem the 17th is the most likely date so far.

• Like 1

I could at least see them doing a ten minute segment discussing the rules for the individual Sons models, since they've done that for a few of the new 40k things and they've already discussed the model designs before.

Beyond that there's not really much else they could preview, since it seems like the lore discussions tend to get saved for the podcasts  - which is fine, because listening to them for an hour or so is more enjoyable than having constant interruptions of "Wow! That's awesome! That's amazing!" every other sentence and devouring (heh) precious minutes.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • LOVE IT! 1

38 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I could at least see them doing a ten minute segment discussing the rules for the individual Sons models, since they've done that for a few of the new 40k things and they've already discussed the model designs before.

Beyond that there's not really much else they could preview, since it seems like the lore discussions tend to get saved for the podcasts  - which is fine, because listening to them for an hour or so is more enjoyable than having constant interruptions of "Wow! That's awesome! That's amazing!" every other sentence and devouring (heh) precious minutes.

Very true, the Ossiarch Bonereapers and Lumineth Realm Lords both had their own podcasts with the Lore Lord Phil Kelly and all my fingers and toes are crossed for another one with the Sons of Behemat.

It's worth noting that Max even states that while this Preview will contain SOME 40K this is a chance to see the upcoming awesomeness for other Warhammer settings!! Definitely going to be more AOS and Underworlds and perhaps even Warcry.

Edited by KingBrodd

50 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

This preview is timed to synchronise with uk games expo online (boardgames based) so

shadow - Khainite warband and warcry 2

iron - necromunda house of iron supplemtns for Orlocks

broken realms - underworlds season 4

are my guesses 

These are some pretty solid guesses mate.

• Like 3

I believe it is fairly obviously going to be an announcement for the upcoming 3rd edition with an Indomitus style box, featuring an epic conflict between Nagash's new Robotic Skeletons of Chamon and Sigmar's newly opened Primaris Space Marine Chamber. 

I actually think that we might get a hint of an upcoming faction. I feel like with the delays from COVID the hype cycle has died down somewhat and having a silhouette or some other minor tease may occur. Although, I love Warcry and I am surprisingly excited about this new Death Warband for Underworlds. So I wouldn't be that upset if we don't get a hint of an upcoming faction.

4 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

3rd edition with an Indomitus style box, featuring an epic conflict between Nagash's new Robotic Skeletons of Chamon and Sigmar's newly opened Primaris Space Marine Chamber. 

You know, wouldn’t it be kinda funny, if they brought back the island of blood kit, and called it a day, with renaming all those highelfs to Lumineth😂.

Edit: certainly the skaven player-base would be incredible thankful for that

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1