The Rumour Thread

5 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

On topic of Audio Books, I've never bought one from GW. Are they a CD or Digital with packaging? Or better yet is it a CD with a Digital Version? 

You get to chose if you want a physical CD or the mp3 download when you buy it.  Many of the audio books can be got on Audible too, which brings the price down by a significant amount - the Gotrek ones were in the region of £30 (though it was across 4 CDs).

• LOVE IT! 1

5 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

From what I’ve seen, this company is scum that just piggybacks off gw and has no original ideas of their own. Everything is a direct copy of gw stuff, but just different enough to avoid legal problems. Either that or over sexualised trash

Most of GW's stuff is derivative of something else, they're hardly the pinnacle of originality and most of Raging Heroes' offerings look to be pretty standard demonic fare you'd see everywhere from other fantasy settings to heavy metal albums. Calling them 'scum' is a bit far, just because you don't like the similarities - there's plenty of companies out there who do Not!40k much, much, more closely. I don't like the cheesecake style either, but to each their own really. They don't offer anything I'd be interested in buying, but more alternatives to buying 'official' GW models that people're willing to pay for doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

From what I’ve seen, this company is scum that just piggybacks off gw and has no original ideas of their own. Everything is a direct copy of gw stuff, but just different enough to avoid legal problems. Either that or over sexualised trash

I don't know that I'd use the term "scum" (maybe bottom-feeder or ghoul), and, just being honest here, I really rather enjoy the pinup style of art they use, but I'm with you on the idea that they pretty much have their business model as "Hey, what that over there? Something popular that was developed over years of product evolution at a large expense and with great risk but that is now selling well? I guess we should just copy them and ride their coat tails all the way to the bank."

Their stuff looks great, but they would not exist if they had to do their own thing rather than being a parasite.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

You get to chose if you want a physical CD or the mp3 download when you buy it.  Many of the audio books can be got on Audible too, which brings the price down by a significant amount - the Gotrek ones were in the region of £30 (though it was across 4 CDs).

Awesome thanks mate!! I'd have to buy a CD player so I should definitely grab the Digital.

• Like 1

warscrolls up for the new war bands, if you can keep them alive long enough to chuck them at something big the orruk lads are nice and straightforward and could do some fun damage

the DOK one too is thankfully not too complicated with half a dozen different weapon profiles. wish they'd go back and re-do some of the older WHU warscrolls.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/13/new-warband-warscroll-previews/

iLLS3MR4CtRTr3U6.pdf IJ3vCzuu2DmvGzun.pdf

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1

Just now, JPjr said:

warscrolls up for the new war bands, if you can keep them alive long enough to chuck them at something big the orruk lads could do some fun damage

iLLS3MR4CtRTr3U6.pdf 4.62 MB · 0 downloads IJ3vCzuu2DmvGzun.pdf 3.13 MB · 0 downloads

DoK warband is quite good and fixes a major issues for them, with hags being sniped, having one with a 4+ transfer wounds bodyguard can be quite good in the current meta.

Ironjawz warband is absolutely terrible, adds nothing interesting and the boss is even worse than a regular Brute boss, he only gets +1 attack to regular brute weapons, while a regular brute boss has 3-4 attacks with dmg 2 (4+ to hit with 4 attacks). These 3 guys have to kill a monster to get anything beyond a regular brute unit warcroll. I'd pay 130 points for instead of 90 for 2 more brutes and a stronger boss... Very disappointed, especially seeing the DoK one fixing the exact same issues Ironjawz have for their warchanters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

I don't know that I'd use the term "scum" (maybe bottom-feeder or ghoul), and, just being honest here, I really rather enjoy the pinup style of art they use, but I'm with you on the idea that they pretty much have their business model as "Hey, what that over there? Something popular that was developed over years of product evolution at a large expense and with great risk but that is now selling well? I guess we should just copy them and ride their coat tails all the way to the bank."

Their stuff looks great, but they would not exist if they had to do their own thing rather than being a parasite.

I can largely take or leave Raging Heroes art style, and agree that quite a few of their ranges are designed as warhammy proxies.

However, that argument that all they do is copy GW really falls down when it comes to their new pirate range. They are literally making an army which *doesn't* exist in warhammer at present! Its something which lots of people have been clamouring for over the last year or so, they've seen that and decided to do it. Maybe that can be seen as cashing on on the total war game, but to me it looks more like seeing a demand which GW isn't catering to and doing it themselves.

While lots of people want a vampire pirates army from GW there is zero evidence that they're actually working on one at present. Maybe it will come, i'd certainly be excitied if it did, as that's right up my street. However, if something like that does get released for AoS in the next year or so, then it seems far more likely that both companies have seen the demand and decided its a good niche, rather than that Raging Heroes have some sort of secret inside information about what GW are working on.

Right now it would actually be kind of awkward to use those models in AoS, while I can think of a least a couple of other games they'd be perfect for (Ghost Archipelago for a start).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honestly I think that they are copying the Warcry system with these new warband profiles. It's a simpler system designed to make the unit work in an AoS game where you don't really want 5 or more units each with their own complicated profile, but each one basically being a "troop" level unit with one hero leader. 

I've enjoyed the Warcry profiles and they are functional and flavourful without being overwhelming. They suit their purpose. 

Makes me all the more excited for the DoK warband! 

They sure are extracting every penny out of those push-fit models. Fair play I guess.

seems to only be US & Germany again though. Shame I’m always up for a quick boardgame, actually anyone know from past experience if the German sold copies of these come with English text? I can easily pop across the border, assuming Belgium isn’t sealed off again soon.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/13/new-board-games-coming-soon/

53A25E48-1253-494D-BD21-96A7CC13C847.jpeg

Edited by JPjr
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JPjr said:

They sure are extracting every penny out of those push-fit models. Fair play I guess.

seems to only be US & Germany again though. Shame I’m always up for a quick boardgame, actually anyone know from past experience if the German sold copies of these come with English text? I can easily pop across the border, assuming Belgium isn’t sealed off again soon.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/13/new-board-games-coming-soon/

53A25E48-1253-494D-BD21-96A7CC13C847.jpeg

The funny thing is, that they will sell the game in the Bookstores "Thalia" in Germany.  Dreadfane back than was sold on "Müller" a drugstore, that also has toys, Music, videogames, and other stuff.

Dreadfane and Space Marine Adventures were both german.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

140pts for a hag with 4+ shrug to the unit (5W total) is useful. Helps with capping objs also since the hag isnt alone. The brew is also different, being reroll wounds not just failed wounds. 

Is there anything that can fish for 6’s on the To Wound? 🤔

helps against modifiers either way  but I always like the gambling for 6’s 😂

2 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Is there anything that can fish for 6’s on the To Wound? 🤔

helps against modifiers either way  but I always like the gambling for 6’s 😂

I mean not yuet, but maybe in 2.0? Cause this would have been written with Future scrolls in mind.

Its interesting as well, as HAGG NAR is on her warscroll (not on others I dont think) and sadly the heartseeker bow hasn't changed 

• Like 2

I wonder if Crypt Hunters hurts or helps the rumours of a new AOS Warhammer Quest game? 

On the one hand it seems like it will be made redundant by a new Warhammer Quest and it also uses none of the models from the recent rumour engine pictures. On the other hand it could be a simplified gateway project that will hopefully draw more board game enthusiasts towards GW. It does fit close to the undead theme I have seen people speculate on for a new WHQ, and it does have a cool tile set that might even be transferable between the two game systems. Either way, it appears to be an interesting product but one I will likely have to pass on personally.

Edited by Neverchosen

28 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Its interesting as well, as HAGG NAR is on her warscroll (not on others I dont think) and sadly the heartseeker bow hasn't changed 

they pretty much always assign the WHU warbands to one of that army's sub-factions, which I get from a narrative/flavour reason as they're supposed to be specific unique/named individuals but it does annoy me.

I absolutely wholeheartedly love pretty much all the WHU models but it does make units who are often fairly borderline worth taking seem just that little bit less useful for anyone not running that particular sub-faction. 

just allowing them to take whatever keyword you've picked for your army would be so much better, I mean it's not like we're super massively invested in these particular models life stories and don't want to go against long & deeply established lore.

it's something that winds me up whenever they do really cool stuff then lock it behind a specific sub-faction with no other alternative, Triumph of St Catherine Junith Eruita & her Flying pulpit I'm glowering at you there.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2

Just now, Neverchosen said:

Apropos of nothing, I wonder if Crypt Hunters hurts or helps the rumours of a new AOS Warhammer Quest game? 

I don't think it hurts really, these things are so off the main track they're just fun little gateway things, using up existing models and getting them in front of people who wouldn't step into a Games Workshop store.

the boardgame market is so big and thriving now GW need to tap into that audience as much as possible, I mean I sometimes feel like half the people playing any form of any of their games right now are in it because they circled HeroQuest in the Argos catalogue one Christmas 30 years ago.

I'm pretty sure a new AoS quest will come but don't think it will be this year now, we're still waiting for the last part of BSF and we've got a new edition of Blood Bowl coming out which could take this year's Xmas big box slot, next edition of WHU will be out later than usual, so it's getting busy in the Christmas period for standalone games already.

would love it to but suspect next year if at all is more likely now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Beliman said:

Imho, we could see some more polished designs.

But appart from that, it's all about wishlisting. What do you want to see? Everyone has some type of preference in playing this game, and new edition could (and should) shake up the whole game. 

Maybe a new phase? Maybe a new stats for all warscrolls? Maybe new type of keyword/role? Maybe new type of damage?

Yeah I agree on the polishing, and tweaking. But would'nt need 3.0 for that. Would be a nice conclusion: The game is fundamentally sound. 

And other than the impact of terrain I would agree with that statement. 

42 minutes ago, Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll said:

No it's Raging Heroes. New pirate line. Not sure they're vampires though, seems just general Fantasy Pirates? 

Yeah, some werewolf, half-demon and humans, and it was realesed 2 months ago, I think they just threw banner on site now.

12 hours ago, Joseph Mackay said:

To piggyback off this a bit, I have to say I strongly dislike what they've done to maintain the "sexy" image of Slaanesh. I get it that some people just prefer models that are more... mammaryily inclined, but there were so many people complaining that the new Slaanesh models weren't "sexy" enough that it's quite disheartening. It's no secret that Raging Heroes makes a lot of Slaanesh rip offs, but all of them boil down to sexualised boredom that, imo, give people a very narrow minded view of the Dark Prince. 

A bit of a rant, but it disappoints me when I see people say that the Raging Heroes models are the "real" Slaanesh, and GW is too sanitised. In my opinion, sexualised models are cheap and aesthetically dull, and often end up with people conflating Slaanesh as the sex god. The more interesting and challenging depiction of that god is to look at Slaanesh as a concept of excess - of anything - which the new models show better (not perfectly, as that would be impossible considering the vagueness of excess, but the baphomet theme on the KoS is on point). 

TL;DR their Slaanesh rip offs are boring and only hurt the image of the Dark Prince

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

I agree and disagree. The new Keeper of Secrets is Stunning. Beautiful and sexual but without any cheap nudity. Elegant and deadly, exactly as Slaanesh should be. That being said, I don't really like the new deamonettes. BDSM demons is just as aesthetically monotone as Sexy demons, just in a different dimension. At least the Diaz ones felt elegant, which these dont. The new fiends fit that aesthetic though, so I quite like them, but most of the chariots and such are somewhat flat. 

Maybe when they redo noise marines it will get itself sorted.

• Like 1