The Rumour Thread

34 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

OH MY GOD!?!?!?! THIS MUST BE THE NEW BLACK LIBRARY NOVEL THAT WAS TEASED!! OCTOBER 10TH HELL YES I WAS HOPING FOR AN EARLY OCTOBER RELEASE!! 

Thank you so much for posting this mate!!

Looks more like an Audiodrama to me. The picture is a CD case.

1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

Looks more like an Audiodrama to me. The picture is a CD case.

This will be my first Audio Drama then which means hopefully there is also a novel coming!! Or at least this Audio book in physical at some point as well.

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

Wow, that image has me so pumped for Sons. I didn't realize until now how much I am looking forward to even just the artwork alone for this faction.

Mate I cannot wait to get my hands on the Battletome, swear down I am so pumped for this Faction, this artwork alone has my hype, somehow even more so, elevated.

50 minutes ago, sandlemad said:

The idea of traumatised survivors telling stories about their encounters with giants around the campfire is a good one. Dig into the folktale aspect.

By Old Bones, I swear I tell the truth. It was thiiiiss biiiiig...”

It's the perfect way to introduce the Realms and the world to the Sons. 

It sounds like World War Z but with Gargants as the antagonists!!

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, sandlemad said:

The idea of traumatised survivors telling stories about their encounters with giants around the campfire is a good one. Dig into the folktale aspect.

By Old Bones, I swear I tell the truth. It was thiiiiss biiiiig...”

They already did that in the IDK Battletome. 

"I shall tell thee, boy, of what happened to the town of Westmorr, what you know now as just the Old Ruins. ’Twas an odd day, for that morn we awoke to the smell of the sea – passing strange, for the salt winds had never carried so far..."

Edited by Sonnenspeer

14 hours ago, EMMachine said:

Let's see if AoS 3.0 has the same rule as WH40k 9. Edition, that larger units (need to models next to them to be in coherrency). In 40k it is when you have 6 or more models in the unit, but many units in 40k are just 5-10 Models.

As long AoS largely sticks to wholly within type auras I don't think think 9th ed 40k unit coherency is needed at all.  

For all of 8th ed 40k's life cycle there existed ugly unit formation exploits from stringing units out all along the front (bubblewrap) and back (deep strike denial) of deployment zones.  Some units even having the numbers and distance (remember 40k unit coherency is 2" not AoS's 1") to hold two objectives at the same time.  That's before getting involved with units having little tails to be within HQ auras.  Heck, 8th edition didn't even really punish units that the player purposely allowed to be out of coherency like AoS  and 9th ed 40k have. 

AoS in contrast, already has counters to strange/gamey unit formations.  Sure, go ahead and stretch your horde unit out into a max spaced long line.  Just don't do against one of the factions that gets to pick the model removed.  Not to mention, AoS generally being more melee focused means less of your units are contributing in fights.  If anything, I think AoS should consider adding more formation buffs similar to the Lumineth's Shining Company rules. I wouldn't mind seeing more factions forming more traditional rank and file shapes that do eventually break into more of a skirmisher formations mid/late game if needed. 

• Like 4

One of the big GW rival companies just announced the release of their "Vampire Pirates" collection of models... They had done a similar daemonettes release just months prior to the Slaanesh release.... Fingers crossed that bodes well for a GW Vampirates army on the horizon.  Not to mention a fair number of Rumour engines fit in line 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cambot1231 said:

One of the big GW rival companies just announced the release of their "Vampire Pirates" collection of models... They had done a similar daemonettes release just months prior to the Slaanesh release.... Fingers crossed that bodes well for a GW Vampirates army on the horizon.  Not to mention a fair number of Rumour engines fit in line 

Man I'm going to spend a LOT of money if SoB and Vampirates come out in short succession...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

Who's the rival company? The only big ones I can think of is Mantic and Warlord Games but can't seem to find any news about vampire pirates 

1 hour ago, Souleater said:

Raging Heroes, perhaps?

Ugh that seems to be it, well that is no good. I guess each to their own, but their approach to just about all their miniatures is beyond cringy to me and looks like something to be kept in a very private environment. 

GW probably has a lot of interesting things coming, although their time table got hit very hard. Lumineth almost already feel old, even though they are not even released yet properly.

I can't wait to see the next big release, and I am not talking about giants here, but the next major narrative thread. It seems to close in on a time when "something" needs to happen after wrath of the everchosen. Everyone's been updated, to more or less success, now what?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

veryone's been updated, to more or less success, now what

I’m kinda of expecting:

- narrative supplements that add new things like a new set of endless spells, special terrain, specific sub factions, etc.

- book updates with a small model release. So for example Maggotkin of Nurgle with a plagueGor release.

- new factions added. Although I sometimes wonder if it would be a good things for the balance. But in the end it does make things more interesting and makes a lot of money I expect. Possibly, shadow elves, grotbag scuttlers and non free city dwarfs. Maybe Valaya themed. 

- and after a while AoS 3.0. But I struggle to think what really needs a rework. Maybe if they decide to give terrain the new 40k treatment. But don’t know if that needs a full edition change. The core rules feel very solid to me. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

41 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I’m kinda of expecting:

- narrative supplements that add new things like a new set of endless spells, special terrain, specific sub factions, etc.

- book updates with a small model release. So for example Maggotkin of Nurgle with a plagueGor release.

- new factions added. Although I sometimes wonder if it would be a good things for the balance. But in the end it does make things more interesting and makes a lot of money I expect. Possibly, shadow elves, grotbag scuttlers and non free city dwarfs. Maybe Valaya themed. 

- and after a while AoS 3.0. But I struggle to think what really needs a rework. Maybe if they decide to give terrain the new 40k treatment. But don’t know if that needs a full edition change. The core rules feel very solid to me. 

New PlagueGors and Free City Duardin? Yes please!!

I'd love for their to also be more female Duardin which I think is par of the course if they choose to have Valaya as their god. But as for PlagueGors I'd love to see updated sculpts for these guys.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Imho, we could see some more polished designs.

But appart from that, it's all about wishlisting. What do you want to see? Everyone has some type of preference in playing this game, and new edition could (and should) shake up the whole game. 

Maybe a new phase? Maybe a new stats for all warscrolls? Maybe new type of keyword/role? Maybe new type of damage?

• LOVE IT! 1

Bring Nagash back down to 800  or less, now he's lost so many of the benefits he had (realm spells when they were a whole lore not just the singular crappy spell we have now, Petrifex +1 save, multiple after save saves, access to spells of all other wizards in LoN there's probaly more)?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

New PlagueGors and Free City Duardin? Yes please!!

I'd love for their to also be more female Duardin which I think is par of the course if they choose to have Valaya as their god. But as for PlagueGors I'd love to see updated sculpts for these guys.

Beasts of Chaos have a pretty good model spread, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't mind seeing an updated return of some of the god-specific units I've heard tell about.

None of the current duardin really do it for me (which is a pity because I've always loved dwarves in fantasy settings), but somebody had suggested a woodland ranger type army of Duardin would be fun, and I find the idea extremely appealing. If GW goes that rout and manages to come up with a good aesthetic for them, it'd be a hard thing for me to say no to.

2 hours ago, Beliman said:

But appart from that, it's all about wishlisting.  What do you want to see? Everyone has some type of preference in playing this game, and new edition could (and should) shake up the whole game. 

Maybe a new phase? Maybe a new stats for all warscrolls? Maybe new type of keyword/role? Maybe new type of damage?

Well, if we're wishlisting . . .

Updated warscrolls for sure, especially for the armies earlier in the publication cycle.

Redesign for monsters and monster-style units so that bringing our pretty

centerpiece models doesn't feel like we're crippling our armies.

Changing up the shooting phase to make it more mutually engaging (combat phase is "I go, you go," why not shooting as well?)

Reevaluate saves, ward saves, rend, and mortal wounds. I feel like it wouldn't take much for these to start getting woefully out of hand. Sometimes less is more, and I wouldn't mind if they eased off on the escalation we've been seeing with them lately. For a game with an average 5 battleround limit, it surprising how many matches can be worn or lost before round 2 has been completed.

Edited by OkayestDM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OkayestDM said:

Beasts of Chaos have a pretty good model spread, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't mind seeing an updated return of some of the god-specific units I've heard tell about.

None of the current duardin really do it for me (which is a pity because I've always loved dwarves in fantasy settings), but somebody had suggested a woodland ranger type army of Duardin would be fun, and I find the idea extremely appealing. If GW goes that rout and manages to come up with a good aesthetic for them, it'd be a hard thing for me to say no to.

Well, if we're wishlisting . . .

Updated warscrolls for sure, especially for the armies earlier in the publication cycle.

Redesign for monsters and monster-style units so that bringing our pretty

centerpiece models doesn't feel like we're crippling our armies.

Changing up the shooting phase to make it more mutually engaging (combat phase is "I go, you go," why not shooting as well?)

Reevaluate saves, ward saves, rend, and mortal wounds. I feel like it wouldn't take much for these to start getting woefully out of hand. Sometimes less is more, and I wouldn't mind if they eased off on the escalation we've been seeing with them lately. For a game with an average 5 battleround limit, it surprising how many matches can be worn or lost before round 2 has been completed.

I dont think I was the first to mention them but I did suggest Ranger style Duardin. With the Lumineth taking on Aspects of the Mountain, a traditional Duardin trope it would be interesting to see these Ranger Duardin take on a Hunter/Stalker woodland trope more associated with Aelves. 

I'd also love to see more of the God Specific BOC. It would be a good way to update their range and seeing as we already have Tzaangors the Plaguegors would be a great addition followed by Slaanesh and Khornegors. 

• Like 1