The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

Lovely for Beastgrave but oh my dog it’s been a while for Warcry releases, hasn’t it? And no roadmap either

I'm just glad to see AOS get releases again!! Though I'd say this will be the last of them until next month when the Lumineth drop. 

30 minutes ago, Overread said:

Well GW did say Beastgrave and Warcry were both coming this month so next week or the week after could well be the new DoK Warcry Warband and perhaps even the Fire Warband too!" 

Wait what!? I thought it was just the Underworlds Warbands this month!!

44 minutes ago, Overread said:

Well GW did say Beastgrave and Warcry were both coming this month so next week or the week after could well be the new DoK Warcry Warband and perhaps even the Fire Warband too!" 

Pretty sure they said underworlds was coming this month but didn't say anything about warcry. 

I hope you're right tho, more dark elves is always a good thing!! 

I think the rest of the month will be Necromuna and the Blood bowl snotling team. I think there is still a LOTR release to drop as well from the last preview. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Pretty sure they said underworlds was coming this month but didn't say anything about warcry. 

I hope you're right tho, more dark elves is always a good thing!! 

I think the rest of the month will be Necromuna and the Blood bowl snotling team. I think there is still a LOTR release to drop as well from the last preview. 

Eomer is still coming as well. But I thought it was only Underworlds as well, in fact I'm sure it is.

It's wild that, assuming the DOK underworlds set has a $25 models only version it would actually be cheaper to spam buy that set than buy the regular kits.

10x that set for $250 = 20 witch aelves, 10 sisters of slaughter and 10 blood stalkers, so $280 in "value" plus an extra 10 Hag Queens XD

Of course you'd never actually want to do that, but it does go to show how overpriced those kits are.

• Like 3
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

38 minutes ago, Overread said:

Oh my Warcry excitement might be making me miss remember. Though I'm sure that it can't be too far away for Morathi to get more reinforcements. 

No worries mate, I'm sure the 2 Warcry Warbands will come soon enough, maybe in September next to the Lumineth for another 2 weeks 40K, 2 weeks AOS.

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Oh my Warcry excitement might be making me miss remember. Though I'm sure that it can't be too far away for Morathi to get more reinforcements. 

Well Scions of Flame should come before the Khainite. At least in theory. Warcry next wave may include a new starter set considering the old one is not available since a long while and Scions seems to be related to the “first season”, with the Khainite to the “second”. But until they publish a roadmap we will not know. They did show us in advance what was coming for Warcry last year, so they should announce closer to when they are ready what’s coming next.

4 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

It's wild that, assuming the DOK underworlds set has a $25 models only version it would actually be cheaper to spam buy that set than buy the regular kits.

10x that set for $250 = 20 witch aelves, 10 sisters of slaughter and 10 blood stalkers, so $280 in "value" plus an extra 10 Hag Queens XD

Of course you'd never actually want to do that, but it does go to show how overpriced those kits are.

It's also telling that DoK is one of the least played armies. I'm certain 90% of that is due to how expensive they are to collect.

#Put20aelvesinabox

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

It's also telling that DoK is one of the least played armies. I'm certain 90% of that is due to how expensive they are to collect.

#Put20aelvesinabox

I would say cost is a factor, as well as painting eyes on the girls. Every. Damn. One. I say this as someone who has painted 20 pairs of eyes and boy I can tell you that tiny models with tinier eyes is a bad combo. If they were an elite army, I'd be down, but alas.

Also, if they put 20 aelves in a box I would expect a price hike. Knowing GW, it's more likely that everything else will get priced up to DoK levels instead of vice versa. "They're just spoiled by the ease of entry for all the other armies, we should make things more even for pricing."

Edited by Ggom

DoK also technically have the least model kits in AoS. 

They "sort of" get away with it because most of them are modern kits and they have a lot of duel kits even if most are just weapon and head swaps. Their Cauldron kit is also very cheap when you consider the number of leaders you get from a single kit; but overall they are not a cheap army to collect. They look great though! I really hope that with a Warcry band and Underworld band we might even see a few more kits (even spells/terrain) for them at some stage "soon". 

Of course they aren't alone, but when you then look at Flesheaters, who have similar problems but are much cheaper to collect because its pretty much all in the getting started set, its a funny comparison. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 2:04 PM, JPjr said:

5FD18C2A-7D9C-4525-923E-E17257518EFC.jpeg

I'm from a large family and the oldest of six children, who all have 1-2 middle names. By the time my mum had my youngest brother Sean she's lost interest and allowed us to give him a middle name. We named him Kevin, after the gerbil 😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
  • LOVE IT! 2

12 hours ago, Ggom said:

I would say cost is a factor, as well as painting eyes on the girls. Every. Damn. One. I say this as someone who has painted 20 pairs of eyes and boy I can tell you that tiny models with tinier eyes is a bad combo. If they were an elite army, I'd be down, but alas.

Also, if they put 20 aelves in a box I would expect a price hike. Knowing GW, it's more likely that everything else will get priced up to DoK levels instead of vice versa. "They're just spoiled by the ease of entry for all the other armies, we should make things more even for pricing."

DOK absolutely should be an elite army. It makes no sense that they just run across the board in massive units and ****** you to death like vicious ants. Doesn't speak much of their athletic warrior prowess.

That's P R I C K btw. Quite funny that the filter makes something benign look incredibly rude. Good job, idiot 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Overread said:

DoK also technically have the least model kits in AoS. 

They "sort of" get away with it because most of them are modern kits and they have a lot of duel kits even if most are just weapon and head swaps. Their Cauldron kit is also very cheap when you consider the number of leaders you get from a single kit; but overall they are not a cheap army to collect. They look great though! I really hope that with a Warcry band and Underworld band we might even see a few more kits (even spells/terrain) for them at some stage "soon". 

Of course they aren't alone, but when you then look at Flesheaters, who have similar problems but are much cheaper to collect because its pretty much all in the getting started set, its a funny comparison. 

I am looking at getting into DOK soon and they may be the most expensive army I have ever looked into. A huge thing is that you can find deals for most armies online. I usually pay 25-50% off retail for most armies I collect and DOK I cannot find anywhere. They are just such a niche faction and I rarely see them on the tables. This makes me want to run them even more and I absolutely love the aesthetic though. I have never been into any of the skirmish games and still don't plan on playing them but I will be picking up the DOK warband just because of how cool it is. DOK are just so metal 💀. The only thing I would be really happy for release wise is tokens for all the prayers! 

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/10/warband-focus-morgoks-krushas/

x0q3spsLf5KZx9zx.jpg

Leading the Krushas is the biggest and baddest orruk in the warband, Morgok himself. As you’ll see with each of the fighters, they gain Waaagh! counters each time they attack. Not only do these help to Inspire the fighters, but you can also trade them for some nifty bonuses. Morgok can spend his counters to push each friendly fighter two hexes – and let us tell you, the last thing an enemy warband wants to see is these three brutes all getting closer.

wUlkeHsj1uTcPq0J.jpg

Armed with the brutal gore-basha, ’Ardskull isn’t the most subtle fighter in Warhammer Underworlds. Point him at a target and watch him hit it until it’s dead. Being able to power up his damage output with his Waaagh! counters is incredibly useful, especially if he finds himself surrounded.*

NeUY3SZrk063Q7Wm.jpg

Rounding out the warband is Thugg. While he doesn’t have the outright damage output of his fellow orruks, he’s just as hardy and can spend his Waaagh! counters to make his attacks more likely to hit.**

Play Style

Morgrok’s Krushas are a purely aggro style warband*** – they want to get stuck in as early and as often as possible. Each of the fighters puts out a decent amount of damage, even before they’re Inspired, so they’ll easily be able to deal with weaker enemies and start stacking up the glory. What they lack in numbers, they make up for with having 5 Wounds apiece, meaning that opponents will have to focus on each one to take them down. So, attack, grab those Waaagh! counters, then keep attacking – Beastgrave will soon be yours.

Morgok’s Krusha’s are available to pre-order from Saturday, and we’ll be taking a closer look at some of their warband-specific cards later in the week. If you’ve yet to take your first steps into Warhammer Underworlds, then the Beastgrave boxed set is a great place to start.

* ’Ardskull’s Frenzied Whirl attack hits every adjacent enemy fighter, making it extremely dangerous to gang up on him.
** If he doesn’t catch you with his first smasha, he’ll krump you with his other one.
*** This means that they are aggressive and seek to score most of their glory points through destroying enemy fighters rather than by claiming objectives.

• Like 2

I'm not too concerned with whether DOK should be an elite army or use huge blocks of infantry.

I'm far more concerned that an army of naked knife psychos is so durable. That doesn't make any sense to me both in terms of aesthetics and gameplay. They really messed up when writing the rules for DOK.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I can't comment on DoKs durability makeing sense from a gamplay perspective, but as far as lore and/or aesthetics go I don't mind it.

For me durability is not limited to wearing heavy armor. In case of the DoK I always imagined it being a combination of high agility to dodge enemy attacks as well as a witch brew and faith induced berserker state, which lets them ignore wounds and fight on. There might of course be better ways to express this gameplay wise. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nos said:

DOK absolutely should be an elite army. It makes no sense that they just run across the board in massive units and ****** you to death like vicious ants. Doesn't speak much of their athletic warrior prowess.

That's P R I C K btw. Quite funny that the filter makes something benign look incredibly rude. Good job, idiot 

Haha OT but related to cuss filters, I play a mobile game with a team chat, and told the group "I usually play while watching **** and **** off" because for some reason the chat filtered out "Netflix" and "goofing".

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, PJetski said:

I'm not too concerned with whether DOK should be an elite army or use huge blocks of infantry.

I'm far more concerned that an army of naked knife psychos is so durable. That doesn't make any sense to me both in terms of aesthetics and gameplay. They really messed up when writing the rules for DOK.

Are you also very concerned with all the craziness that is Idoneth Deepkin and Fyreslayers? This is a fantasy game with little plastic toys and not very realistic.  Most of this doesn't make a lot of sense but it's still really fun 😄.

Not really a rumour, but I just notice that some battletome did not get theire FaQ translated.

I think it may have been a mistake done during upload of the FaQ, but after checking other language, it appear the both Cities of Sigmar and Orruk Warclans dont have any translation for last FaQ (07/20/2020).

Is it possible it to be a first sign of limited support of this factions?