The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Kramer said:

By the same token. They might still do lumineth September. Giants oktober in a Max two week release as its only one kit. 
that would leave room for a double battletome release like last year with ogors and OBR. 

Sorry I'm confused, are you suggesting that the Sons could drop a week or 2 after Lumineth in October? And then another Faction could drop?

17 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I'm starting to think that for mainline AOS the rest of the Lumineth and the Sons will be all we get. Both of these were supposed to be out by June evidenced by the GHB. That leaves 6 months open for AOS, but now with Lumineth in September a full 5 months after original release and the Sons who knows when after it would seem the rest of whatever was planned for this year has probably been delayed.

My thoughts exactly. The problem is that if can delay it means there was nothing like the Psychic Awakening building up to AoS 3.0, unless 3.0 is not next year as rumoured. In the first case it could mean some dry time with little things and maybe a new army before AoS 3.0, in the second case it means AoS 3.0 not before 2022 (I think Vince from Warhammer Weekly also mentioned a 2022 as most likely).

1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

My thoughts exactly. The problem is that if can delay it means there was nothing like the Psychic Awakening building up to AoS 3.0, unless 3.0 is not next year as rumoured. In the first case it could mean some dry time with little things and maybe a new army before AoS 3.0, in the second case it means AoS 3.0 not before 2022 (I think Vince from Warhammer Weekly also mentioned a 2022 as most likely).

We have the build up to AoS 3.0 already with Wrath of the Everchosen. Death is taking the fight to Chaos while Destruction is on the warpath taking the spotlight as the big bad in 3.0.

I fully expect 3.0 to drop next year. Keeping with the 3 year cycle and don't forget AoS doesn't need a huge overhaul like 40k did. 

• Like 1

Those orcs look amazing! The recent sculpts are so good! Someone over on Dakka was commenting on the number of teams- I wonder if they are going to do them like Underworlds warbands and slip the old teams out of production as they bring in new teams. These new human and orc teams are a real step up from the first sets..

On the release side of things yeah I doubt there will be another faction released this year. Probably will be underworlds and Warcry -which should be good[really hoping for something dwarf-y or Kurnothi .. I'll not hold my breath through].  Maybe new boxed games along with Army boxes for Christmas?

16 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

We have the build up to AoS 3.0 already with Wrath of the Everchosen. Death is taking the fight to Chaos while Destruction is on the warpath taking the spotlight as the big bad in 3.0.

I fully expect 3.0 to drop next year. Keeping with the 3 year cycle and don't forget AoS doesn't need a huge overhaul like 40k did. 

I hope you are right and I don’t want a revolution and while I loved the Wrath of the Everchosen, 1 or maybe 2 campaign books do not satisfy my AoS appetite...

At this point I wonder how much will the Covid-related delays mess up the entire AoS schedule. If AoS 3 was planned for next year as we theorize, that means it should already be being worked on, if not finished (taking 40k's 9th as an example, which we know was done and playtested for many months before being announced). The GHB 20 was released more or less on schedule, but Lumineth (part of them) and SoB have been delayed, so I wonder if GW will rush certain things, or straight up skip content they had planned in order to sort of get back into schedule.

As a Maggotkin player, I kept hoping we'd see an announcement for an update, considering we're still playing with an AoS 1 battletome. But with the delays and a possible AoS 3 on the horizon, I'm not even sure if that would be good or bad.

Edited by Gistradagis

I dunno if being close to the release window of a new edition means no new factions, especially if we are roughly a year away. Particularly as AOS designed armies with second edition in mind and they updated Space Marines just prior to the new edition. 

I feel like a new order and death faction could round off this edition. Order is hard to predict as I feel that Aelven forces have been well explored and Duardins and Humans could use a day in the sun. Death will probably expand on one of the subfactions of Legions of Nagash, Soul Blight seems to be the favourite bet.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Sorry I'm confused, are you suggesting that the Sons could drop a week or 2 after Lumineth in October? And then another Faction could drop?

Definitely could. Don’t see why they would leave what they already have prepared and not utilise November. 
We must be coming around to a ‘hero and a book’ updates for armies like maggotkin, deepkin, Daughters etc. 

• LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

At this point I wonder how much will the Covid-related delays mess up the entire AoS schedule. If AoS 3 was planned for next year as we theorize, that means it should already be being worked on, if not finished (taking 40k's 9th as an example, which we know was done and playtested for many months before being announced). The GHB 20 was released more or less on schedule, but Lumineth (part of them) and SoB have been delayed, so I wonder if GW will rush certain things, or straight up skip content they had planned in order to sort of get back into schedule.

I mean the AoS 3 is Speculative on our part, but Covid related delays probably wouldn't effect it too much, the big delay from Covid is probably in logistics, tooling and distribution; which can delay some products it definitely  won't a new rulebook; which can have a lot of work done via correspondence.  You don't want the rest of your Team being unproductive in GW s business sense  when you already have some limits in some sectors,Design, Writing are all doable. We also can't forsee when production will be at full again and neither can GW;not the kinda of thing to wait thru indefinitely

Maybe not get whole new pair of armies in conjunction with it, but a minis set and a new rulebook is entirely doable based on current release's and productivity

6 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

As a Maggotkin player, I kept hoping we'd see an announcement for an update, considering we're still playing with an AoS 1 battletome. But with the delays and a possible AoS 3 on the horizon, I'm not even sure if that would be good or bad.

I would not call Maggotkin battletome 1.0 but basically 1.9

Malign portents campaign and short stories bring alone a new lore,new grim darker logo and new Battletome: Maggotkin is the first one.

Maggotkin, Lon,DOK and Idoneth come technically before Soul wars and 2nd edition but they are made with 2end edition in mind indeed.

So I won't expect update for above battletomes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

Definitely could. Don’t see why they would leave what they already have prepared and not utilise November. 
We must be coming around to a ‘hero and a book’ updates for armies like maggotkin, deepkin, Daughters etc. 

On the flipside it's also possible that november/december have 40k releases planned instead. For example the new Space Marine codex releases in October and GW have mentioned that the big chapters will be getting new supplement books after that, so those could be released then.
There was also the teaser video shown a little while back that showed off new 40k models for a bunch of factions, so we have more concrete info about upcoming 40k stuff than we do about any eventual AoS releases post Sons of Behemat.

Edited by Falkman

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Wrath of the ever-chosen, kinda went that way.

But there isn’t much more known about it 

3 hours ago, xking said:

Has there been any rumors of a "Psychic Awakening" style event for Age of Sigmar?

Heres hoping that there is at least one more Campaign book before AOS 3.0, a proper stepping stone for the Edition to come, which will hopefully have Destruction at the forefront with Gordrakk and his Waaagh!!

3 hours ago, Falkman said:

On the flipside it's also possible that november/december have 40k releases planned instead. For example the new Space Marine codex releases in October and GW have mentioned that the big chapters will be getting new supplement books after that, so those could be released then.
There was also the teaser video shown a little while back that showed off new 40k models for a bunch of factions, so we have more concrete info about upcoming 40k stuff than we do about any eventual AoS releases post Sons of Behemat.

True as well. 
but afger two months of 40k focus I gotta be hopeful 😂

• Like 2

Speaking to the AoS design team, at one of the Open Days last year I got the distinct impression that Wrath of the Everchosen was them seeing if the format is popular or not and that we'd likely be seeing more books along this lines as time goes on.

I think the question I have, is what the life expectancy for this style of book is going to be.  Seeing a number of battalions that appeared over the last year have their points pulled in the latest generals handbook would certainly make me more cautious at committing to a series of 6 or 7 books that could have a portion of content invalidated*.  I do feel a little lack of love for things that have been produced in the past or outside of battletomes - forbidden power, white dwarf etc.

* please don't mistake this as me for saying matched play is the only way to play - I (and I'm not on my own) use pitched battle profiles for nearly all of the games I play and would be worried that that running something that's no longer supported could give me or my opponent a raw deal.

• Like 5

Did it though? The book is called Soul Wars - Wrath of the Everchosen. Which part of this title could correspond Psychic Awakening to continue the series? Soul Wars or Wrath of the Everchosen? It does seem like a stand-alone campaign book to me.

Still being in the Soul Wars era is odd as well. I have the impression that the invasion of the Eight Points is a new conflict.

From Reddit, this is supposedly what the Underworlds Crate contained:

Godsworn Hunt £20
Champions of Dreadfane £37.50
Primal Lair £22.50
Playmat £12
Deckbox £5
Counters £12
Carry Case £32.50

£141.50

So three Warbands (Dreadfane has two) and accessories. I'm not too surprised to see that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

From Reddit, this is supposedly what the Underworlds Crate contained:

Godsworn Hunt £20
Champions of Dreadfane £37.50
Primal Lair £22.50
Playmat £12
Deckbox £5
Counters £12
Carry Case £32.50

£141.50

So three Warbands (Dreadfane has two) and accessories. I'm not too surprised to see that.

Pretty much as I expected, nice bouns that I don't own the godsworn hunt yet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bayul said:

Still being in the Soul Wars era is odd as well. I have the impression that the invasion of the Eight Points is a new conflict

Well I see it as working with on 2 levels.

Out of universe it’s a handy bit of branding to hang on all the releases within this iteration. So we got Soul Wars - Malign Sorcery*, Soul Wars - Forbidden Power, Soul Wars - WOTE & I presume any other supplements that come out before the next edition will be similarly branded.

ObviouSly we’re hardly overburdened with supplements but still it’s nice to have them all packaged up like that.

But then in a in-universe level everything from Soul Wars on has effectively been dealing with the fallout from the Necroquake and its side-effects both in terms of things like Endless Spells and the Optimum Arcana but also, within their battletomes we see just how it has effected, sometimes dramatically sometimes less so, each faction.

So things like the Wrath of the Everchosen, whilst being big events in their own right, are linked, directly or not, to the Necroquake in one way or another.

I think of it like The Soul Wars are WW2 and within that there are multiple theatres of conflicts and hundreds of different battles that all might be going on independently of each other, shifting alliances and power vacuums that each faction is looking to exploit.

hopefully if we do get more WOTE style books then each one will pair up 2/3 factions and detail just a part of the bigger story. Some super dramatic (Orruks v Excelsis perhaps) some on a smaller scale perhaps but obviously important to those factions.

then when “AoS 3 : Slaanesh is Free” drops all the supplements, battletomes and the like released over the following years will reflect that & its effect on the realms 

* actually just checked MS was branded Soul Wars - Malign Sorcery though obviously it was a key part of it, but guess they handed thought of branding everything like that at that point

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

hey look! All the Psychic Awakening &, I think, Malign Portents short stories published in dead tree format. Didn’t realise they were doing this.

seems like it was just for the since cancelled Adepticob but I know there were a lot of people here wanting the MP one at least so might be copies for sale floating around now.

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 2