The Rumour Thread

10 minutes ago, Incineroar87 said:

All this talk about leadership and grots make me think how shafted Grots and Gloomspite are competitively at current.

I really hope the eventual Grotbag Scutters makes Grots great again lol

Are Gloomspite bad? I always heard they were really swingy and unpredictable, making them less competitive but does this translate to them being a bad army? I am asking because I am thinking of starting a Gloomspite army as I have heard they are really fun.

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Are Gloomspite bad? I always heard they were really swingy and unpredictable, making them less competitive but does this translate to them being a bad army? I am asking because I am thinking of starting a Gloomspite army as I have heard they are really fun.

Oh they are a ton of fun.

But If your going for like the top places on an event, You won’t play gitz.

Still for a beer and bretzel game, or even in some semi-competitive games, they can do pretty well.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kramer said:

And three edition later we’re playing with flank charges, ranks and a rulebook that takes a masters degree to understand ;) 

On a serious note I do understand most cav is in a weird place right now. But I rather they take a step back and just fix it on the warscrolls. Even if all cav has the same line of text. 
but it could definitely do with being a keyword. 

So much this :) while I do appreciate the simplistic rules of AoS I would not mind having more counters here and there but not the slow return to the complexity of WFB... 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

@Landohammer I really liked in Fantasy (at least in 6th ed.) how the unit would use the general's leadership value instead of their own. It gave reason for leadership being included in their profile and also made it something to consider in terms of inclusion for certain heroes. I feel like inspiring presence being changed to having a unit use the heroes' leadership value as opposed to an auto pass might be an interesting change? 

Although, I have a feeling it would rarely get used it is cost a CP...

At the very least it would make Skaven and Goblins seem more appropriately cowardly.

I’d be in favour of an an additional “bravery range” attribute for all units.  Any unit could inspire one unit in range per battleround (not turn).

I dont believe the general should have a greater bravery range by default.   Lesser generals may be supported by more similar level heroes.  Whereas taking Nagash will limit the number of support heroes nearby simply due to his points value.  An army may be a coalition, rather than a  dictatorship.

Also, while most units would have a range value “-“   Veteran units like everchosen could provide leadership to lesser units.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Oh they are a ton of fun.

But If your going for like the top places on an event, You won’t play gitz.

Still for a beer and bretzel game, or even in some semi-competitive games, they can do pretty well.

That is perfect for me. I am a rather shy and non-competitive person that much prefers friendly games with people I know. I was dragged to a tournament once when I was a kid during WHFB days and had a massive anxiety attack. Luckily, I have a good group of friends that I mostly introduced to the hobby. I think that Gloomspite Gitz seem to balance fun, cool models and interesting mechanics and goblins are pretty easy to bring into other game systems like tabletop RPGs. I have been holding off on them as I keep hearing rumours about Grotbag Scuttlers and I am secretly hoping for Pirate themed sky grots.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

That is perfect for me. I am a rather shy and non-competitive person that much prefers friendly games with people I know. I was dragged to a tournament once when I was a kid during WHFB days and had a massive anxiety attack. Luckily, I have a good group of friends that I mostly introduced to the hobby. I think that Gloomspite Gitz seem to balance fun, cool models and interesting mechanics and goblins are pretty easy to bring into other game systems like tabletop RPGs. I have been holding off on them as I keep hearing rumours about Grotbag Scuttlers and I am secretly hoping for Pirate themed sky grots.

At this point if Grotbag Scuttlers dont happen I would absolutely shocked with the amount of times they're mentioned in some form or another.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

At this point if Grotbag Scuttlers dont happen I would absolutely shocked with the amount of times they're mentioned in some form or another.

Nippon, Cathay, Araby, Corsairs, Exodites - all are regularly mentioned by GW and were/have been for years. Gotrek and Felix (poster characters in the Old World for visiting basically every faction) even went to areas of Cathay and such in some shorter stories. Meanwhile GW regularly reminds us of Exodites whenever they write about Eldar lore in a general sense

Yet none have an official army for the 28-32mm games and the closest was Araby who got a Warmaster army. 

NEVER take mentions in lore to be fact. Even mentions of the Shadow Aelves and Vampires in AoS, whilst seeming to be perfect and dead-certain choices, are no guarantee that those armies will ever appear tabletop side. 

Sometimes plans get changed, or an idea proves impractical, or the powerhouse designer behind the idea leaves and no one else really knows what to do with it; or new other things come along and the project gets forever pushed down the line. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Neverchosen said:

So maybe I should stick with my original plan for Goblinhood and his band of merry squigs.

Oh they are lots of fun, especially if you give up the idea to be competitive forcing rosters within one battalion. Just mix and match what you like and is pure mayhem. And the rockgut are actually quite good!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Any guesses as to what will be this weeks Preview? Underworlds Warbands perhaps?

Maybe. The roadmap was released a few weeks ago and there will be a release this month.

4B4CC543-0C81-467D-AF91-315A21A723E2.jpeg.dfe2b699dfde76c40cc73bf8342fbf65.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Adamcbutton said:

Give us the Sons GW you cowards

Well GW have confirmed that we will see the Next Codexes in October so my guess is over next few months it will be starter sets for 40K. So hopefully the Sons will be this month but with the disruption caused by COVID, I would hate to be the release planner for GW. Six weeks lost as well as all the disruption to your supply chains and staff availability. Whilst some businesses have coped well working from home, there’s only so much you can do with staff at GW

• Like 1

The other issue is the looming pressures of another potential lockdown. UK is already starting to feel the corona cases creep up and is putting in place a slowdown on the unlocking process. There is every chance if the number of cases starts to climb again that we might well see businesses closed down again. For GW this might mean the high-street stores have to close ,but that their main site can remain open. However if the local situation to them gets worse then staff might have to or want to pause work to isolate.

In the end GW has very healthy finances and is a non-essential product and service. They can survive another shut down if they have too. 

3 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Maybe. The roadmap was released a few weeks ago and there will be a release this month.

4B4CC543-0C81-467D-AF91-315A21A723E2.jpeg.dfe2b699dfde76c40cc73bf8342fbf65.jpeg

Well GW have confirmed that we will see the Next Codexes in October so my guess is over next few months it will be starter sets for 40K. So hopefully the Sons will be this month but with the disruption caused by COVID, I would hate to be the release planner for GW. Six weeks lost as well as all the disruption to your supply chains and staff availability. Whilst some businesses have coped well working from home, there’s only so much you can do with staff at GW

I'm hoping for an August/September release, if not it could end up being November, Christmas.

1 hour ago, Overread said:

The other issue is the looming pressures of another potential lockdown. UK is already starting to feel the corona cases creep up and is putting in place a slowdown on the unlocking process. There is every chance if the number of cases starts to climb again that we might well see businesses closed down again. For GW this might mean the high-street stores have to close ,but that their main site can remain open. However if the local situation to them gets worse then staff might have to or want to pause work to isolate.

In the end GW has very healthy finances and is a non-essential product and service. They can survive another shut down if they have too. 

At the end of the day the safety of staff and people in general is far more important than our toy soldiers. If we enter another Lockdown I'm all for GW closing shop again. 

• Like 6

My predictions for August are (in no particular order) 

Necromuna week

New 40k starter sets week

Underworlds and bloodbowl week

Sons week

Hoping its a AoS week today, I really want the khaine warband and the snotling bb team! 

Edited by Ogregut
Spelling
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

My predictions for August are (in no particular order) 

Necromuna week

New 40k starter sets week

Underworlds and bloodbowl week

Sons week

Hoping its a AoS week today, I really want the khaine warband and the snotling bb team! 

I'd love for this prediction to be true!! Gives us an AOS week then 40K then AOS etc.

• Like 2

One hard thing to predict is how much GW releases in a week. Sometimes they seem to be under-releasing compared to what they could release; so it might be that they are having to stagger things so that they've enough production slots so that new releases don't run out of stock too fast; whilst at the same time keeping up as best they can with the rest. 

For example the new 40K Starters sets might well come out on their own, or they might come alongside several other new models previewed for both armies. What might have once been a one week release could be two or three. 

10 minutes ago, Dawnmane said:

I really really hope they’re announcing preorders for Warcry tonight, I’m getting a little worried for my favorite game. It doesn’t even have a roadmap yet.

I wouldn't be worried I bet there is loads to come. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumoured khaine vs slannesh box rumoured ages ago isn't a warcry starter set.