The Rumour Thread

The GHB just had bad luck landing when GW had to focus on 40K for 9th edition which has taken them by a storm - they've had to put their new launch box on made to order (delivery in around 4 months) because of the vast number of orders. GW is in a very good place for companies right now, but that's still not a good place for them. Structurally their release pattern is messed up and 9th edition is a bit of a hammer that they can't realistically shift. 

I'd wager we will have a few weeks of 40K content before things shift back to AoS. It's a shame, but really this is nothing that is GW's fault and chances are many of their plans are currently not set in stone and running day to day. Don't forget they've also got risks like staff being locked down or even the town being locked down over their heads. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

The GHB just had bad luck landing when GW had to focus on 40K for 9th edition which has taken them by a storm - they've had to put their new launch box on made to order (delivery in around 4 months) because of the vast number of orders. GW is in a very good place for companies right now, but that's still not a good place for them. Structurally their release pattern is messed up and 9th edition is a bit of a hammer that they can't realistically shift. 

I'd wager we will have a few weeks of 40K content before things shift back to AoS. It's a shame, but really this is nothing that is GW's fault and chances are many of their plans are currently not set in stone and running day to day. Don't forget they've also got risks like staff being locked down or even the town being locked down over their heads. 

How is it not their fault? GW decides their releases, and most people want as little as just a message saying "due to how busy we are, the FAQ in pdf is indeed coming in late" and whether they have an ETA or not.

I don't see how this lack of communication can be defended. "They are so busy with 40k they just can't spare 1h of their time for the AoS fans." The latest info we have on this is also the first we got: There exists an online FAQ to complement the GHB and it's coming "in the very near future."

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

The GHB just had bad luck

While having complete respect for the situation, it is frankly not a real excuse to leave paying customers in the dark. There are delays everywhere and most should be ready to accept these conditions, however it does not excuse simple lack of basic communication and expectation management. We are excusing them for not providing the complete product we paid for, while they provide this for a preorder product not even released.

Imagine this, going to a restaurant you walk in, get a seat at a table and make your order, a simple steak and some soda. You wait more than usual, but respect the staff is busy. In comes a party of people, probably some company event, they order the 3 course meal and the whole deal. You have now waited an hour for your food and getting impatient, nobody even stopped by your table to at least let you know it is coming. The party of poeple already finished their first dish and is now getting the main dish served, while you still wait. Is this ok? 

This is obviously just business and no matter the excuses it is still catering to the higher paying customer base. Obviously they are able to release something, they put out FAQs and changes ahead of time for 1 customer base, while those who already paid for a product is still waiting for the exact same service. That is what is not acceptable. Like the restaurant, the excuse of being busy is simply not viable when the table next to you are getting everything, simply because they might pay more in the end. Of course it makes business sense, it is just bad form and at least requires an apology and an ETA of some kind better than "near future".

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/29/warhammer-age-sigmar-faqs-new-model/

Still got a couple weeks of July left folks.

Just now, Gistradagis said:

How is it not their fault? GW decides their releases, and most people want as little as just a message saying "due to how busy we are, the FAQ in pdf is indeed coming in late" and whether they have an ETA or not.

I don't see how this lack of communication can be defended. "They are so busy with 40k they just can't spare 1h of their time for the AoS fans." The latest info we have on this is also the first we got: There exists an online FAQ to complement the GHB and it's coming "in the very near future."

You're talking about GW as if it's a small three or four person company, where everybody has a hand in everything.  People involved in 40k are different from those involved in AoS.  We don't currently know what the situation is at GW either - the design teams may not even be back in the company yet.  I've not seen anything that stated we'd be getting the FAQ when the new handbook dropped?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/01/29/warhammer-age-sigmar-faqs-new-model/

Still got a couple weeks of July left folks.

You're talking about GW as if it's a small three or four person company, where everybody has a hand in everything.  People involved in 40k are different from those involved in AoS.  We don't currently know what the situation is at GW either - the design teams may not even be back in the company yet.  I've not seen anything that stated we'd be getting the FAQ when the new handbook dropped?

No, it's the exact opposite. I'm talking about GW like it's NOT a small three or four person company. There's no reasonable way for them to be so swamped with work they can't even tell their fans anything about the online FAQ. How is smth like the GHB released as normal but then this missing piece is just mia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Honestly I’m consistently pretty disappointed in the Azyr app. I use the paid version because I like to mess with list building on my phone while I poop. Unfortunately, every new release they introduce probably half a dozen bugs. I’ve been sending them bug reports but there’s still probably at least 20 issues that I’ve encountered alone. As a software developer, it’s pretty clear that the QA work and testing on that thing is fairly inadequate, which is unfortunate since it’s a paid subscription. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

No, it's the exact opposite. I'm talking about GW like it's NOT a small three or four person company. There's no reasonable way for them to be so swamped with work they can't even tell their fans anything about the online FAQ. How is smth like the GHB released as normal but then this missing piece is just mia.

Could well be because the the design team who write the FAQ aren't in yet or running on a skeleton crew.  I don't know what their work loads are like - I can't imagine they've reduced over lockdown.

I may have missed something, but what are we waiting for in the FAQ that's stopping people playing (whilst socially distancing and taking necessary precautions)?

The date for the FAQ is the same as it has been for the past two years too, all being well it'll be available in July.

2 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Could well be because the the design team who write the FAQ aren't in yet or running on a skeleton crew.  I don't know what their work loads are like - I can't imagine they've reduced over lockdown.

I may have missed something, but what are we waiting for in the FAQ that's stopping people playing (whilst socially distancing and taking necessary precautions)?

The date for the FAQ is the same as it has been for the past two years too, all being well it'll be available in July.

Points updates for the last 8 armies released.

I understand the need to release newer points a week or so later, as has been done in the past. I'm sure they're always pretty busy with the constant release schedule. My criticism this time around is that they had an entire 4-5 months of nothing happening to get these points done. I don't think there's an excuse when there was almost half a year of zero releases to get in the way. Anything could have been shuffled around to allow them to have these points ready.

Edited by Mutton

9 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Yeah, and it's not like I'm outraged or saying "good lord how could GW mismanaged this so badly!," but I do find odd that they can't give us any sort of update or heads up about the situation. You don't really need the team for that.

14 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

I think we are not getting to the point correctly. It's not a FAQ what we need, this is something completely different. We only need the pont update for eight armies. No need to revisit the warscrolls, only a matter to change points in a database and print them, plain and simple.

• Like 1

To be fair for some of the armies I don't think there is any reason to update points. For instance, Tzeentch and KO only saw a couple of events and those were before they got the release errata. Seraphon hasn't seen any I don't think. Personally I would delay updating their points until Dec 2020.

Also how many people are actually playing regular matched play right now? There are no immediate tournaments, most shops are still closed for gaming. There is no desperate need for balance updates.

That said two areas I am critical of.

1) Not updating the app which your customers pay a monthly fee for. This app should be updated day one. Warscroll builder and battlescribe (both free) are updated already.

2) A bit off topic but the Indomitus situation is a joke. There is no need for everything to suddenly become limited edition. GW are clearly running a business model designed to pressure day one purchases. This has continually led, in both aos and 40k,  to people buying to sell on at very high prices. This isn't new either, until a few months ago it wasn't uncommon to see the arch regent selling for £40 to £50 on his own.

If they insist on making limited edition products for every single release they need to at least ensure they have enough stock. That should mean 1 per customer for the initial offering and then raising that if they hold stock.

It shouldn't be the case that indomitus was gone within 10 minutes. It shouldn't be the case that we see scalpers selling items on at double their value.

The made to order is a good reaction, but they shouldn't have let this happen in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

To be fair for some of the armies I don't think there is any reason to update points. For instance, Tzeentch and KO only saw a couple of events and those were before they got the release errata. Seraphon hasn't seen any I don't think. Personally I would delay updating their points until Dec 2020.

Also how many people are actually playing regular matched play right now? There are no immediate tournaments, most shops are still closed for gaming. There is no desperate need for balance updates.

1) Not updating the app which your customers pay a monthly fee for. This app should be updated day one. Warscroll builder and battlescribe (both free) are updated already.

2) A bit off topic but the Indomitus situation is a joke. There is no need for everything to suddenly become limited edition. GW are clearly running a business model designed to pressure day one purchases. This has continually led, in both aos and 40k,  to people buying to sell on at very high prices. This isn't new either, until a few months ago it wasn't uncommon to see the arch regent selling for £40 to £50 on his own.

If they insist on making limited edition products for every single release they need to at least ensure they have enough stock. That should mean 1 per customer for the initial offering and then raising that if they hold stock.

It shouldn't be the case that indomitus was gone within 10 minutes. It shouldn't be the case that we see scalpers selling items on at double their value.

The made to order is a good reaction, but they shouldn't have let this happen in the first place.

Very true, yes. Also, many people are just playing online.

9 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

There have been online tournaments via Tabletop Simulator, and people have been playing consistently throughout the lockdown. We know exactly what things need to be tweaked. For instance, Tzeentch shooting is still a problem and Seraphon have been dominating the scene---they're incredibly strong, especially with Kroak at their side.

On the flip side, we know there are things that could be improved from the interim armies. For instance, any of the Gutbusters from Mawtribes could use help, as well as several underused Cities units. People have continued to play, albeit through a screen rather than face to face.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Almost as if they are fulfilling their stated buisness aims to sell miniatures globally at a profit.

Nothing in there about making sure everyone who wants whatever they want from GW gets it though.

• Like 1