The Rumour Thread

I definitely find the lack of a specific, announced date and time that the online FAQ and points changes will be available to be the most annoying part of this release. A close second is the inconsistency in delivery with some people getting their books early. Meanwhile the copy that I purchased direct from GW isn't scheduled to arrive until the 20th!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mutton said:

If I buy the digital GHB on Warhammer Digital, is it a file I can use anywhere? I have a Windows PC, an Android phone, and an Apple tablet.

I think you can if its the pdf type version, but not if you bought it through the app as it only works in the app and if you have an Android and an IPad, you have to but it for each app. Its not transferred.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

I definitely find the lack of a specific, announced date and time that the online FAQ and points changes will be available to be the most annoying part of this release. A close second is the inconsistency in delivery with some people getting their books early. Meanwhile the copy that I purchased direct from GW isn't scheduled to arrive until the 20th!

That's definitely weird.

I have no idea how it even happened that my book came on Tuesday already since everything should be delayed not speed up.

1 hour ago, swarmofseals said:

That’s just dumb. Sucks. 

meanwhile my store decided to stop stocking books due to 9th killing of a lot of stock in one go for them. so I’m waiting till end of the week as well. Not as bad, but nearly. 

• Sad 1

I just wanted to say that my life was nearly destroyed by TGA being down the last little while.  Last time TGA was down,  someone said that the game was dying because no one made a big enough stink about TGA being down... so here I am, making a stink, and simultaneously confirming the game is not dead. 😄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, willange said:

I just wanted to say that my life was nearly destroyed by TGA being down the last little while.  Last time TGA was down,  someone said that the game was dying because no one made a big enough stink about TGA being down... so here I am, making a stink, and simultaneously confirming the game is not dead. 😄

And we appreciate you for it! 👍

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, willange said:

Where was the skink?

I'm with you, I had the site on constant reload, and was scouring twitter and facebook for news 😐  how will I ever know when that darn eratta with CoS changes drops 😉

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

I think it would be disappointing, but also realistic to expect a delay in other new releases, including the sons of Behemat.

Even before the lockdown, I understand production capacity was almost maxed out. Then the lockdown shut the factory down for months. 

Lots of items on the webstore are out of stock and so they'll need to be running to restock, as well as the extra Indomitus boxes they're going to need to make for the made to order. 

28 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

I think it would be disappointing, but also realistic to expect a delay in other new releases, including the sons of Behemat.

Even before the lockdown, I understand production capacity was almost maxed out. Then the lockdown shut the factory down for months. 

Lots of items on the webstore are out of stock and so they'll need to be running to restock, as well as the extra Indomitus boxes they're going to need to make for the made to order. 

It's understandable a delay in new releases, but what motivates the delay in the GHB2020 FAQ? A book printed back in October, there should be plenty of time to do the online FAQ, it's only a plain document. Moreover, they haved had three months with no tournaments to finish the polishing of points.

What really bothers me is the lack of information. No information... nothing to update this thread.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, japaricio said:

It's understandable a delay in new releases, but what motivates the delay in the GHB2020 FAQ? A book printed back in October, there should be plenty of time to do the online FAQ, it's only a plain document. Moreover, they haved had three months with no tournaments to finish the polishing of points.

What really bothers me is the lack of information. No information... nothing to update this thread.

I have no insider knowledge, but isn't the FAQ usually based on feedback from their internal and external play testers?

If so, then it's not hard to understand that a nearly global lockdown for three months that stops people playing games could affect this and cause the delay. How else can they polish points if they can't get feedback on how the points are being played?

I'm not a big gamer, more of a hobbyist, so maybe i'm missing something, but what exactly is the problem with the GHB2020 that needs urgent FAQing?

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Riavan said:

It seems bizzare that the 40k box set was limited and they don't plan to make more. I didn't know they did that with the starter sets

It's not a traditional starter set (no dice, templates, etc) and they do plan to make more as detailed in the made to order information:

4zo7z9xlaoa51.jpg

10 minutes ago, Riavan said:

It seems bizzare that the 40k box set was limited and they don't plan to make more. I didn't know they did that with the starter sets

They announced yesterday that they will make the box made to order so that everybody can get one. Seems to me like it was a deliberate strategy to scam the scammers who bought many boxes to sell them for a profit on ebay. 

Just now, SunStorm said:

I'm not a big gamer, more of a hobbyist, so maybe i'm missing something, but what exactly is the problem with the GHB2020 that needs urgent FAQing?

IMO, it's just want to know if the army that I play has any points change. 

6 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

I have no insider knowledge, but isn't the FAQ usually based on feedback from their internal and external play testers?

If so, then it's not hard to understand that a nearly global lockdown for three months that stops people playing games could affect this and cause the delay. How else can they polish points if they can't get feedback on how the points are being played?

Well, we the need the FAQ because in the book there are eight races not updated... I'm a CoS player, and with a nine month old battletome not updated. If I buy something I want to get all the updates, and not delaying them indefinitely.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, japaricio said:

I’m usually the first to defend GW because they do better than most big companies even when they ****** up.

But this such a regression for them. The game exist 5 years, an updated edition and an update to every single army through points. And nothing, no communication, no celebration, all in favour for their bigger ip. 

i get that 40k gets more attention because it’s a bigger seller. But it really hurts the excitement and confidence if you don’t enjoy 40k but just play AoS. 

• Like 7