The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

They introduced Legends which are declared as not legal in pitched battle anymore.

Bretonians are sadly part of that group. It's also shocking to see Tomb Kings are now illegal.

Sayl and Thamurkan's Horde is also on that list.

Just for confirmation, the legion of azgorh has not been moved to legends? And I believe saw no point changes?

4 minutes ago, Qrow said:

Just for confirmation, the legion of azgorh has not been moved to legends? And I believe saw no point changes?

Legion of Azghor is still good and i don't see any point changes.

They can ally with Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, Monster of Chaos, Nurgle, Slaneesh, StD, Tzeench

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

42 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Legion of Azghor is still good and i don't see any point changes.

They can ally with Chaos Gargants, Everchosen, Khorne, Monster of Chaos, Nurgle, Slaneesh, StD, Tzeench

While still on the topic of Forgeworld, are Fimir in Legends or still in? Same question for Greenskinz and Gitmob Grots please.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gistradagis said:

You don't play 40k, do you? 😅

Basically what they did (do) with Space Marines is the opposite of everything you're saying. They keep adding more and more, and some time ago they actually introduced a new type of unit which made the older ones completely obsolete, all of this cuz they know that SM sell (to give you a better idea, SM have received more stuff and new kits than every single other faction combined together; actually I think they have twice all the others combined together).

I don't know if Stormcast are for AoS as popular and representative as SM are for 40k, but they definitely wanted them to be, so it wouldn't be too odd if AoS 3.0 doubled down on SC vs someone.

Stormcast lack the key structural element that Space Marines have which limit GW's incentive to push them as heavily. Stormcast is one army. Space Marines, because of chapters, is many different armies. When GW creates a new Space Marine unit, they can sell it to people who play Ultramines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, etc., so there is a multiplication effect that isn't mirrored in Stormcast. I'm not necessarily willing to say this means we stand any chance of having a starter set without Stormcast, but it does seem to limit Stormcast releases mid-edition which gives space for a lot of other armies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Stormcast lack the key structural element that Space Marines have which limit GW's incentive to push them as heavily. Stormcast is one army. Space Marines, because of chapters, is many different armies. When GW creates a new Space Marine unit, they can sell it to people who play Ultramines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, etc., so there is a multiplication effect that isn't mirrored in Stormcast. I'm not necessarily willing to say this means we stand any chance of having a starter set without Stormcast, but it does seem to limit Stormcast releases mid-edition which gives space for a lot of other armies.

With the release of the sacrosanct chamber, does it not feel like they’re moving in that direction? I could see one day the different chapters of stormcast be separate armies with different books, no?

1 minute ago, badnewsbeers said:

With the release of the sacrosanct chamber, does it not feel like they’re moving in that direction? I could see one day the different chapters of stormcast be separate armies with different books, no?

I don't see that the same. GW can literally sell the same new model to a dozen different Space Marine players. I don't see how the Stormcast chambers are shaping up in a way where they'd get that multiplication effect for a Stormcast model.

Ok now with Indomitus out and sold out, let's hope we can get back to some AoS/Warcy news and not another 2 - 3 weeks of "now with Indomitus up for preorder let's explain even more about it every day for the next 3 weeks." 

Where's my AoS 3.0... 😆

Edited by Schulzy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Imho, that's because all the subfaccions are in one book. Space Marines had been split in diferent battletomes and supplements because... financial and marketing reasons I would say.

If SCE are going to be pushed in the same way, we could see a basic book with all generic SCE units, and then some supplements for all the Stormhosts. Hammers of Sigmar already have some unique units (Gavriel comes to my mind) and Anvils of Heldenhammer has one named character without unique model. But I don't think that there are enough SCE btw...

Other armies can follow the same supplement-system (even in 40k), but because they are not space marines (and I mean, financial-wise, there is a bjg diference), they will just move on with a Battletome/ Codex for all subfaccions.

6 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

Have we had much in the way of rumours on the Sons of Behemat tome? Given it will likely have Just a few warscrolls in it (I asssume) I am really interested in the coverage it gives to Destruction more generally. Could we finally get a map of Ghur? (Behemat lived in Ghyran though right? Will the book be focussed on the continuing story there?)

Behemat himself was from Ghyran as was King Brodd but Destruction itself is more commonly linked with Ghur so who knows which Realm we will get a map of. I'm hoping it makes up for its Warscrolls and rules sections with tonnes of lore.

6 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

No idea. It’s been very quiet but the whole release schedule has been turned upside down. I imagine it will be a one drop release though. 

I should hope it's a one drop release Haha if they try to spread it out? Come on GW. But I cannot wait until after Indomitus drops to find out more.

1 hour ago, Schulzy said:

Ok now with Indomitus out and sold out, let's hope we can get back to some AoS/Warcy news and not another 2 - 3 weeks off "now with Indomitus up for preorder let's explain even more about it every day for the next 3 weeks." 

Where's my AoS 3.0... 😆

Unfortunately you may be waiting far longer. It's only going up for Pre Order today, first day of 2 weeks of, there will be more and more articles the following weeks and then once its released articles again for another. I'm not expecting anything AOS related till August at best I think.

55 minutes ago, xking said:

I noticed that the new generals handbook has greenskins listed as allies for one of the armies. Did you guys think this means anything?

Had to say, this was also in 2019, but it won't take a compendium warscroll out of it's Legends status (so no tournaments).

6 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

When do we think the FAQ/Errata accompanying GHB will drop? Release day (so at some point today) or tomorrow perhaps? 

Good question was thinking the same, the GHB is available to download in the Azyr app now so would expect the errata to be uploaded pretty soon

3 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Behemat himself was from Ghyran as was King Brodd

Interesting, I didn't realize that. Obviously, not all Destruction factions have to originate in Ghur, but the realm of Life? Specifically, the god-beast (or rough equivilent) from which the rest of the race was spawned comes from there? That raises some compelling questions.

How influential is Life magic in the mega-gargant culture/physiology? Is it just fluff, or will it have effects on the tabletop? Will they be able to self heal?

Certainly, over time they have branched out to other realms, but if Behemat is from the realm of Life, there really aught to be some sort of legacy handed down to the rest of the species. Some kind of regeneration or vitality.

I don't want to set any expectations, but the possibilities are pretty compelling.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

Interesting, I didn't realize that. Obviously, not all Destruction factions have to originate in Ghur, but the realm of Life? Specifically, the god-beast (or rough equivilent) from which the rest of the race was spawned comes from there? That raises some compelling questions.

How influential is Life magic in the mega-gargant culture/physiology? Is it just fluff, or will it have effects on the tabletop? Will they be able to self heal?

Certainly, over time they have branched out to other realms, but if Behemat is from the realm of Life, there really aught to be some sort of legacy handed down to the rest of the species. Some kind of regeneration or vitality.

I don't want to set any expectations, but the possibilities are pretty compelling.

The idea of regeneration or vitality would be great from a lore point in that they take centuries to age perhaps and even better from a gameplay point as it would help with the small amount of units you can field and to help with ranged armies.

Heres hoping the Gargant lore is deep as the Battletome will surely be the smallest released yet. I hope they go into the Gargant history, such as during the Age of Chaos when Nurgle invaded Ghyran and destroyed many of the Gargant tribes and forced them into the swamps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marcvs said:

anyone knows when we'll be able to buy the GHB on the Azyr app? I can't see it yet, although it's out on epub on the website (I'm on android, if that matters)

I can purchase the 2020 GHB on the android Azyr app as of about 5 minutes ago

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

For some reason the GHB 2020 costs only 12.99€ on the Azyr App? - bought

I've just seen that. Is it the full book?

Especially since I do all my list making and stats checking on the app, this seems to be the best option?

EDIT: It is! Thank you Jack! Bargain.

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gistradagis said:

Do we know when the online FAQ hits us?

The warhammer community article simply states "in the very near future", so they may not come out today. Given that the new 40K edition has slowed azyr updates, the pdfs may be delayed as well.

7 minutes ago, Qrow said:

The warhammer community article simply states "in the very near future", so they may not come out today. Given that the new 40K edition has slowed azyr updates, the pdfs may be delayed as well.

Well that's both awful and silly lol. I mean, these changes have been done for months now, right (for most of the armies at least)? So taking extra time to post a pdf with a list or whatever due to 40k...

I get updating Azyr, but I hope they at least publish the changes asap.