The Rumour Thread

I keep stating to my friends that I think GW could easily represent different races within the four god specific factions: 

Khorne - Duardin, a tough heavily armoured unit with low mobility or an artillery piece would work well with khorne.
Slaanesh - Aelves, I personally want Malerion to fall to temptation, but I am cool with plain ol' Slaanesh worshipers too.
Tzeentch - Beasts, Tzaangor already fill this role
Nurgle - Skaven, once again this role is filled already by Clan Pestilens, but they could be fleshed out within Maggotkin a little better.

This would need some work from lore writers and would need some more fleshing out ruleswise, but it would make the followers of each god feel more unique and provide more variety in terms of differentiating playstyle. Although I would be sad if they tried to imply that the different races couldn't worship the god of their choosing.

Although as a Slaves to Darkness player, I really want a return of the Hellcannon manned by Chaos Duardin. And I really want to be able to use it in my undivided army. Considering the awesome bound demon concepts in 40k I think this would look stunning with modern sculpting and in plastic.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coyote said:

There’s 5 Chaos gods #5 is the Great Horned Rat, thank you 🐀🐀

I was only referring to the Great One's pathetic little underlings... they are the ones that need some assistance to bolster their meagre ranks. 

Edited by Neverchosen

A link would be awesome if that’s allowed...if it’s not, totally cool. 

I’m trying to navigate 4chan and it’s worse than when I was in college. I wanna pour bleach on my brain. So a direct link to the hero creation leaks would be great (again, if allowed. I saw pics aren’t but hope links are ok). 

Edited by TimeToWaste85
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

I’m trying to navigate 4chan and it’s worse than when I was in college. I wanna pour bleach on my brain. So a direct link to the hero creation leaks would be great (again, if allowed. I saw pics aren’t but hope links are ok). 

I've tried at great length before to understand how the navigation works on 4chan. I think it's unfathomable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I was only referring to the Great One's pathetic little underlings... they are the ones that need some assistance to bolster their meagre ranks. 

That is false Information my friend.

There is only one great one and 4lesser chaos gods.

you just don’t know it yet

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

At least knowing what board to search on would help lots.. I'm also one of those totally lost whenever I venture onto 4chan 😁

Would absolutely like a pm with link, navigating that dumpster fire, is well, a dumpster fire.

Side note. With a two week window for preorder on 40k box and 9th I wonder if in between we might get the ghb? I’d really like to understand why they don’t drop the gargants.. it’s a book a multi kit model haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

I keep stating to my friends that I think GW could easily represent different races within the four god specific factions: 

Khorne - Duardin, a tough heavily armoured unit with low mobility or an artillery piece would work well with khorne.
Slaanesh - Aelves, I personally want Malerion to fall to temptation, but I am cool with plain ol' Slaanesh worshipers too.
Tzeentch - Beasts, Tzaangor already fill this role
Nurgle - Skaven, once again this role is filled already by Clan Pestilens, but they could be fleshed out within Maggotkin a little better.

This would need some work from lore writers and would need some more fleshing out ruleswise, but it would make the followers of each god feel more unique and provide more variety in terms of differentiating playstyle. Although I would be sad if they tried to imply that the different races couldn't worship the god of their choosing.

Although as a Slaves to Darkness player, I really want a return of the Hellcannon manned by Chaos Duardin. And I really want to be able to use it in my undivided army. Considering the awesome bound demon concepts in 40k I think this would look stunning with modern sculpting and in plastic.

The Hellcannon can be included in Barak Thryng, seeing as it's keyworded Duardin.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

The Hellcannon can be included in Barak Thryng, seeing as it's keyworded Duardin.

😂yes, yes!!

Join the dark side of the rune lore.

join us because chaos means unlimited power!!

Considering that don’t the old chaos dwarfs also have the duardin keyword?

Edited by Skreech Verminking

29 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

😂yes, yes!!

Join the dark side of the rune lore.

join us because chaos means unlimited power!!

Considering that don’t the old chaos dwarfs also have the duardin keyword?

I'm not sure, they don't show up in the WH AoS app (where I did the search). Legions of Azorgh does not work, they are called Dawi Zharr. Which Fyreslayer technically would also be (Dwarves of Fire).

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

I'm not sure, they don't show up in the WH AoS app (where I did the search). Legions of Azorgh does not work, they are called Dawi Zharr. Which Fyreslayer technically would also be (Dwarves of Fire).

So I just had a look, they sadly don’t have the duardin, but instead have the dawi zhar keyword

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, The_Dudemeister said:

I've seen the GHB page now on 4chan, here are the changes:

Mourngul 270 (-10)

Rogue Idol 420 (+20)

Warpgnaw VVerminlord 270 (+10)

Exalted Greater Daemon of Khorne 520 (-20)

Exalted Greater Daemon of Nurgle 390 (-10)

Skaarac the Bloodborne 410 (-10)

Soulfeaster, Keeper of Secrets 370 (+10)

Every point leak is more transparent that if your army is not a posterboy or a compatible army with 40k, your points readjustment are awful or silly.

Somebody could explain my why the Gloomspite FW miniatures didn't need a readjustment and the Exalted Daemons need it?

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Every point leak is more transparent that if your army is not a posterboy or a compatible army with 40k, your points readjustment are awful or silly.

Somebody could explain my why the Gloomspite FW miniatures didn't need a readjustment and the Exalted Daemons need it?

As a Legion of Azgorh player I can't agree more. We haven't had a point update since our release two years ago and a lot of our units have fallen behind the power curve. Our big hero model, Drazhoath the Ashen, wasn't that great points wise on release, now he is way behind even the generic heroes of other allegiances.

I know there is this idea that being a forgeworld army means you shouldn't expect the attention that other allegiances get, but if they are still selling the army today then we should at least get adjustments to keep up with the meta in the GHBs.

Edited by Qrow

MOD NOTICE

Please respect the copyright of published content and don't link to photos of it on the forums. We are well aware that people get excited over new books and rules, but we do ask that you also respect the copyright of the material. The Generals Handbook is only days away from general release so it won't be long before you can get your copy or secure one to purchase direct if you've not already pre-ordered. 

Again we are aware people get excited over this stuff (so do we) so we aren't issuing out punishments/reprimands for this. 

• Like 1